Thoroughbred Ownership Experiences

Comments

• Well, I got some more bad news… the filly four is now the filly 2. Joyful Addiction has been retired. After her most recent work she came up lame. X-rays revealed fragmental fractures in her left knee, it is indicative of a bone disease. While surgery is an option she would need 10 months to recover and her return to racing was only listed as fair. The injury does not need surgery to heal, only to race. She has been retired and will go to the Fasig Tipton Winter Mixed sale in February. I don’t expect her to bring much she was her dam’s first foal , and her dam died before bringing her second foal to term.
  • Nice...... :anguished:

Poor girl. I hope she has a good, safe landing.
  • Nice...... :anguished:

Poor girl. I hope she has a good, safe landing.

I suspect her breeders will probably buy her. They were excited about her, and the foal the mare was carrying which was a full sibling.
  • Chasing Time broke his maiden today at Churchill! I’m still waiting for the replay to become available, unfortunately my phone lost signal mid race
  • I just saw that! Congrats! Excited about this particular one even though I don't have a piece of him.
  • I just saw that! Congrats! Excited about this particular one even though I don't have a piece of him.

Had me worried they would DQ him for a minute, he kinda muscled his way in between horses before the stretch
  • A Mo Reay has been entered in a MSW at Aqueduct on 12/3. She will also be entered into the Demoiselle stakes on 12/4. While the maiden race is the target, they’ve said that if the stakes draws light they’ll run her
  • Pending contract but Diamond has been booked to Claiborne's new stallion, Silver State, for 2022. Chose him over Improbable, the runner up, due to Silver State's sheer physicality. IMO he's the best looking horse headed to stud this year.
  • Very cool :heart:
  • EriNCEriNC Member
    edited November 2021
    EriNC said:

Well, I got some more bad news… the filly four is now the filly 2. Joyful Addiction has been retired. After her most recent work she came up lame. X-rays revealed fragmental fractures in her left knee, it is indicative of a bone disease. While surgery is an option she would need 10 months to recover and her return to racing was only listed as fair. The injury does not need surgery to heal, only to race. She has been retired and will go to the Fasig Tipton Winter Mixed sale in February. I don’t expect her to bring much she was her dam’s first foal , and her dam died before bringing her second foal to term.

And then there was one… Lady Valentine will race one more time on December 3rd at Aqueduct. While she is sound neither Spendthrift nor MyRacehorse are satisfied with her performance. She will be entered into the Keeneland January Horses of all racing ages sale, to dissolve the partnership.
  • Nice......
  • Bone disease doesn't sound like something that goes away...
  • KMM said:

Bone disease doesn't sound like something that goes away...

No, it doesn’t. Joyful Addiction will be sold as a broodmare prospect. Lady Valentine will race once more for Spendthrift/MyRacehorse then be sold as a racing/ broodmare prospect. Lady Valentine is good at getting second and third, but they don’t believe she has the competitive spirit. By selling them off, us owners can get payouts for Moonlight’s victories
  • It doesn't seem like something that heals either.
  • A Mo Reay broke her maiden! Lady Valentine didn’t run as her race stayed on turf
  • The recent update on Star Six Nine says that he is stable enough to have a companion during turnout. He will be turned out with a one eyed gelding called Pumpkin
  • EriNCEriNC Member
    edited December 2021
    Country Grammer has returned to Bob Baffert at Santa Anita! Steinbeck another horse I own shares will race at Turfway Park tonight in race 8, Moonlight d’Oro will race Sunday in the grade 3 Bayakoa
  • I was hoping CG wouldn't go back to Baffert... ah well.

Yes, rooting for Moonlight tomorrow!
  • QueenZFan22QueenZFan22 Member
    edited December 2021
    Delete
  • EriNCEriNC Member
    edited December 2021
    Moonlight finished 3rd. Winner was As Time Goes By out of Take charge Lady
  • Steinbeck raced Saturday 12/4 at Turfway Park, he finished 11th out of 12. After the race it was found that he had displaced. He will probably have tie back surgery to fix his epiglottis
  • Nice....

Good luck with him. :smile:
  • As if to soften the blow today, the owners of Hero Status (Echo Warrior 19) got a video of him galloping.

He is a gorgeous, high energy individual. Looking forward to when he begins to work, then to race. Hopefully we don't have any more issues with that or any other tendon.
  • A Mo Reay is pointed towards the Busanda Stakes at Aqueduct in January. The races offers 10 KY Oaks points to the winner. A Mo Reay currently has 2 points from her 3rd in the Frizette and is in 20th place on the Oaks leaderboard

• A Kat looking very grown up. She’s absolutely glued to my new colt and their babysitter mare.

The pair of them, Knight has started coming along really well. Still half feral while in the field but progressing.