Faversham (Lucky Pulpit x Love the Chase) Full Brother to California Chrome

Faversham get his own Discussion Thread.

He looks like he is maturing quite nicely.

https://www.facebook.com/denise.martin.921/videos/1436602179700501/

Comments

• Who owns this guy? Does look like a baby CC!
  • Hi Faver
    Whats his story to date? I read he was a sickly youngster.
  • I like seeing people handle a stud colt like a stud colt.
  • I think after watching this video 4 yimes , it would be about handling any young horse, not just a colt. Please explain your difference Zenyen. He seems pretty copasetic.
  • KMM said:

I think after watching this video 4 yimes , it would be about handling any young horse, not just a colt. Please explain your difference Zenyen. He seems pretty copasetic.

I believe she means he is not being spoiled because he's the brother of Chrome. It's super easy to get in the habit of "omg this horse is royalty because their mother/brother/sister is blank" and the horse is never taught manners.
  • Photo: Martin Racing.

Faversham at Harris Farms

• I like the look of this colt. Wonder if LTC will ever revisit Lucky Pulpit.
  • Doubt it...
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited September 2016
    She is delivering a Tapit foal in 2017; stud fee of $300,000. There are enough LP/LTC on the ground already to prove/disprove that cross...
    :)
  • SarahSarah MaineMember
    So glad she is with the best.
  • SarahSarah MaineMember
    So glad his ownership do not push the trainer. This could should do well.
  • We don't know who will buy LTC, but she will go for something over Tapit's fee of $300,000. I would guess, with no authority, that she will go between $750,000 and $1 M. The T/LTC cross is close to LP/LTC. If she doesn't make reserve, there will probably be a private deal. Not sure who owns her besides PM.
  • Sarah said:

So glad his ownership do not push the trainer. This could should do well.

This is a categorically incorrect statement. See: Art's resistance to going to England.
  • I think she is talking about Faversham, maybe? He hasn't done anything that I know of. And now I am confused; who owns Faversham?
  • KMM said:

I think she is talking about Faversham, maybe? He hasn't done anything that I know of. And now I am confused; who owns Faversham?

Perry Martin does.
  • SarahSarah MaineMember
    edited September 2016
    Journalistic license. Interesting. One owner goes to the press. There is trouble in the O'Neill paradise.
  • Sarah, no idea of what you are referring to.
  • EliRoseEliRose Member
    edited September 2016
    Sarah said:

Journalistic license. Interesting. One owner goes to the press. There is trouble in the O'Neill paradise.

Were you not the person criticizing everyone of being judgemental of Mattress Mac? Your continued lambasting of the Coburns and propping up of Martin is absolutely bizarre and frankly, transparent.
  • EliRose said:

Sarah said:

Were you not the person criticizing everyone of being judgemental of Mattress Mac? Your continued lambasting of the Coburns and propping up of Martin is absolutely bizarre and frankly, transparent.
    Yes she was and it is transparent.

• jnwisconsinjnwisconsin Member
    edited September 2016
    Actually, I defended McInvale on the Runhappy thread. I know nothing about the Coburns or Perry Martin, though.
  • SarahSarah MaineMember
    Contrarian would be more correct.
  • Actually, I defended McInvale on the Runhappy thread. I know nothing about the Coburns or Perry Martin, though.

She also defended him.

Try being a contrarian with actual facts and not opinions on your buddy Martin.
  • SarahSarah MaineMember
    edited September 2016
    I have no idea what you are talking about. Does one have to be in agreement with the pack?
  • Sarah said:

I have no idea what you are talking about. Does one have to be in agreement with the pack?

No, but many comments you've made about how great Martin is are easily disproven with a quick pop into BH. Like for instance, Martin not being a pushy owner.

I don't hate the guy and I have a deep affection for the Taylors, but many of your comments simply make no sense. I frequently voice opposing opinions to other members, but I like to back myself up with actual facts and sources.
  • Just speaking for myself, I do not harbor a dislike for either the Coburn’s or the Martin’s and have had positive thoughts/reactions to many things concerning both. But, let’s face it, there have been plenty of things to raise eyebrows about too.

IMO the Coburn’s did a nice thing when they offered a small ownership percentage in RSS to certain friends/family. Carolyn stated they wanted to give others a chance to experience what they had experienced. I hope RSS comes through and the entire group can experience the winners circle. I think it’s cool that they have invested in another mare they hope to bred and have shared that information with the public. They didn’t have to share anything about Twisted Ginger. I think they do a better job at naming their horses. LOL. However, IMO, for Carolyn to state she wished Martin had done the right thing and retired CC last year was bizarre. CC’s five wins this season proves her wrong. They may have jumped shipped with CC a bit too soon, and now regret doing so. That’s a total guess.

I think it’s ironic how Martin the “silent” one during the Triple Crown days has found his voice. Unfortunately a lot of what he is saying sounds uncouth. On the other hand, I admire his business chops, and I think partnering with Taylor Made and deciding to sell LTC in foal to Tapit are brilliant moves. How he was able to maneuver the dissolving of the DAP partnership and end up with all the horses except RSS is quite amazing IMO; even with the 70/30 split, you’d think the Coburn’s might have walked away with Faversham too. I am not a fan of how he names his horses and while grateful he shares information on his Facebook, at times I find myself going cross-eyed because he (or someone posting for him) has a tendency to post statements and photos with no context. For example, a Chrome update was posted yesterday with a photo of Not a Kitten. Not two separate posts, but one post. Of course people got confused and started commenting “that’s not Chrome, is that Chrome, who is that”.

They certainly are characters and have added sugar and spice to a lot of conversations. I wish both the best and will certainly comment again on anything either camp does that I think is interestingly funny, charming, stupid, dumb or otherwise. LOL