Faversham (Lucky Pulpit x Love the Chase) Full Brother to California Chrome

Comments

• Equibase would be the system of record, Pedigree Query is completely fan run.

Colt and Ridgeling are two different designations. Males can be 1 of 3 "sexes".

Colt = Both testicles descended
    Ridgeling = 1 testicle descended, one retained in the body
    Gelding = Castrated

They are disclosed this way to the betting public because each of these "sexes" can affect how a horse runs.
  • Rigs can actually have both retained. Our yearling has both retained, and also Suddenbreakingnews, fifth in the 2016 Derby, was thought to be a gelding but was found to be a rig with both retained when post-Derby testing revealed too much testosterone in his system and no bills were found for the supposed procedure.
    He was eventually gelded, after the West Virginia Derby.

In the case of having both retained, they are "bilateral cryptorchids", and there is no official designation for those. They are recognized as Ridglings.
  • Pedigree Query definitely is controlled mostly by Fans. Fans who have the audacity to “lock” the pedigree page of a horse they don't own so only they can comment or provide updates on a particular horse. They want control and don’t want anyone else to be able to edit the page. You know it’s only a fan who is updating the page because there is no way the owner would make some of the awful grammatical errors I’ve seen on some of those pages. I’ve also seen comments that are so ridiculous I’ve fallen out of my chair in laughter.

BTW, Pedigree Query doesn’t have a Ridgeling selection for sex.

Circling back to Faversham, I don't find him a particularly striking looking individual. I’ve read comments by fans that Love the Chase has thrown nothing by beautiful babies. Not in my opinion.
  • I agree about F'sham's looks. He's no equine Mathew McConaughey.

PQ also has H as a sex designation.
  • First recorded work out since returning to Sherman's Barn:

Faversham (2-Year-Old Colt)

Date: November 25, 2017
    Track: LOS ALAMITOS
    Distance: Three Furlongs
    Time: 36:60 Handily
    Surface: Dirt

Photo shows a handsome head, so maybe not so bad after all. Kinda looks like a quarter horse profile to me.

• More Photos from this morning.

Photos by Martin Racing:

• From Martin Racing:
    Faversham put in his first 3 Furlong work since returning to Art Sherman's barn at Los Alamitos race course. Alan Sherman timed the young colt breezing in 36.30. The official Equibase time was 36.60

• I think he is very pretty. :)
  • He does look lovely
  • He was away so long, it's good to see so many new photos.

• I think he's a very attractive 2 year old colt ---- that chestnut color shines like a copper penny and he seems to have grown some while back at Harris Farm. The pictures are great, so many different "looks"......
  • So far Chrome looks to be the biggest of his siblings
  • Second Workout since return.

Faversham (2-Year-Old Colt)

Date: Dec 2, 2017
    Distance: Four Furlongs
    Time: 50:00 Handily
  • Faversham (2-Year-Old Colt)

Date: Dec 16, 2017
    Distance: Five Furlongs
    Time: 1:03.00 Handily

•  
    Horse Workout Notification 
    December 23, 2017

Faversham (2-Year-Old Ridgling)

Date: December 23, 2017
    Track: LOS ALAMITOS
    Distance: Five Furlongs
    Time: 1.01:40 Handily
    Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: Dirt

•  
    December 30, 2017

Date: December 30, 2017
    Time: 59:20 Handily
  • Oh goodness....
    Crappo...the shadow of two stretching
    Yikes
  • He went from 1.01:40 to 59:20...that's amazing isn't it? Or not?
    Katy said:

December 30, 2017

Date: December 30, 2017
    Time: 59:20 Handily

• It's a big move.
    59 can win anywhere...
    Play ball....
  • Pretty cool!
  • February debut at Santa Anita is the goal.
  • KaseyKasey Member
    edited December 2017
    No it's not unless something goes wrong.
  • Just going by what Jeremy Balan, of the Bloodhorse, was told by Art Sherman.

However, if you (Kasey), have current/better information because you are a relative, close family friend, hired-hand, or whatever, that's great. Can you explain your connection, in order to establish your credibility?
  • KaseyKasey Member
    edited January 2018
    Of course. Balan is loaded with credibility. Getting about 50% of the backside gossip right is good odds. I was told different by Art Sherman. Go figure. Can you explain your connection in order to establish your credibility?
  • Unlike you I've never implied that I have a direct connection to any of the Martin horses. My comments are based only on second hand information from Blogs, Facebook, The Bloodhorse, etc. and the other posters at this site know that. You've made conclusive statements, implying first-hand knowledge. As I said, that's great, this Forum is happy to receive insider information. However, we also like to understand the source of the information. We have experts who post on this site and have explained their background, so the information they share has credibility; Zenyen for example or Sarinne. Zenyen has worked on horse farms and handled horses of all ages. Sarinne is an expert on breeding and showing dogs and has the champions to prove it. If a topic ever comes up that's within my expertise I'll be happy to explain why any information I share on the topic has credibility.

So you say you talked directly to Art Sherman. Ok. I know others, who post on the Forum, have too. I guess based on your inside chat with Art there is a 50% chance that Faversham will start this month. I think that's what you were suggesting.

Kasey said:

Of course. Balan is loaded with credibility. Getting about 50% of the backside gossip right is good odds. I was told different by Art Sherman. Go figure. Can you explain your connection in order to establish your credibility?