Faversham (Lucky Pulpit x Love the Chase) Full Brother to California Chrome

Comments

• edited September 2016
    LOL, Especially Horses! I totally agree with your post. I think that Mr. Martin, while very smart, should leave the Taylors and the Shermans to address the media at all times!

If Martin had 70 percent, and DAP had four horses, it would make sense to me that Coburn only got one, with perhaps a bit of extra cash thrown in as well. Just speculating, since we will never know.
  • Faversham is a lovely colt. It is too bad that he has begun his career based on rumor.
  • Based on what rumor?
  • He doesn't have a career, yet. He hasn't even left Harris Farms. He isn't even a two year-old.
  • I believe the rumor was breathing problems and is thought to be false. It was mentioned in comments after a race where RSS ran third.
  • Photo of Faversham by Lisa Antonsen, Harris Farms.
  • wow
    Nice looking dude.
  • Beautiful boy .. good looks run in the family!
  • Very pretty headpiece. Soft eyes.
    God help him.
  • Lol
  • He's perfect.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Baby!
  • Why does he have an arrow pasted on his nose?
  • Why does he have an arrow pasted on his nose?

That arrow points to where the cookies are to be inserted. Lol.
  • He doesn't have a career, yet. He hasn't even left Harris Farms. He isn't even a two year-old.

Conditioning and training are the foundation of a life's time worth of work. Faversham does indeed have a career.
  • Photo of Faversham by Lisa Antonsen, Harris Farms.

Gorgeous photo. I has not been posted onto the Harris Farms site. Where was it found?

BTW sadly Super Tuesday passed due to colic.
  • I believe the rumor was breathing problems and is thought to be false. It was mentioned in comments after a race where RSS ran third.

Yes I saw them on the RSS page as well as on sever sights. I read of the rumor very early this spring at the time of the Dubai World Cup.
  • LOL Kasey, I knew there had to be a good reason for it.
  • KaseyKasey Member
    edited October 2016
    I hate to burst your bubble but Martin is indeed very well liked on the backside. So I am rather unsure as to who started the rumors against Matin.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Silly stuff!
  • Yes, very silly. I don't think that Art Sherman is a hypocrite.
  • Yes, where did this photo originate?
  • Kasey said:

I hate to burst your bubble but Martin is indeed very well liked on the backside. So I am rather unsure as to who started the rumors against Matin.

This comment is so confusing to me ---flow of conversation is somewhat "disjointed". Whose bubble is getting busted and how would you know what the "backside" thinks of Perry Martin? Those who work on the backside are generally very guarded with any comments and leave communication to the trainers who employ them. Backside employees don't go hang with the owners --- trainers deal with the owners. Fact --- Art and Alan Sherman have earned everybody's respect for Chrome's development and surviving the turmoil from Chrome's ownership. Taylor Made is the best thing that ever happened to Chrome --- and being returned to Art after the ill-fated attempt to race in England.

You seem to have a real affection for Perry Martin --- related? Employed? Work on the backside?
    I personally have tremendous respect for the Taylor brothers and Art Sherman. Not so much for Martin, but, as he often reminds everybody, he is the majority owner. I think everyone who has to deal with him keeps their guard up and tolerates his need to be "highly regarded". Besides, if he doesn't feel he's getting enough respect, he might come up with an "off the wall" plan to race Chrome as a 6 yr old --- in Japan!!!
    Best of luck to this brother of Chrome --- I don't expect a Chrome "clone" --- I'll keep my expectations on the "down-low" and just hope he has some level of success.
  • SarahSarah MaineMember
    edited October 2016
    You know you dislike Martin. So what's the point. Rather silly to try to cover up. Rather obvious. Coming from a total stranger? So silly.
  • SarahSarah MaineMember
    Don't get why anyone should blindly fork over every dime they work so hard to earn. How often do you do this?