Faversham (Lucky Pulpit x Love the Chase) Full Brother to California Chrome

1212223242527»

Comments

• Finished 6th out of 8 starters, never a threat.

Well, he is entered in a race on December 31 at Turfway, but not The Prairie Bayou.

TURFWAY PARK, DECEMBER 31, 2019
    RACE 7 POST TIME - 4:02 PM
    ALLOWANCE
    POST POSITION 8

Purse $48,500. (Includes $29,500 – KTDF - Kentucky TB Devt Fund). For Three Year Olds And Upward Which Have Never Won Three Races. Three Year Olds, 123 Lbs.; Older, 124 Lbs. Non-winners Of $9,500 Twice At A Mile Or Over Since September 30 Allowed 3 Lbs. (Races Where Entered For $25,000 Or Less Not Considered In Allowances) (Preference To Horses That Have Not Started For Less Than $25,000). One Mile. (All Weather Track)

Since it has been stated that they plan to stand him at stud and based on how they rushed him into stakes company, in only his second start, after his debut, I'm really wondering if his next start is going to be December 31, at Turfway, in the Prairie Bayou. I think they are desperate to get some Black Type under him.

THE PRAIRIE BAYOU
    24th Running
    $75,000 Guaranteed - Grade BT
    One Mile And One Sixteenth (All Weather)

I'll always wonder how things might have been if they had gone slow with him and kept him in Maiden races until he broke his maiden and then kept him in Allownace races until he proved he was ready to try a stakes. If he hadn't been CC's little brother I doubt he would have been entered into the California Cup Derby in only his second start.

• RachelRachel Member
    Is sprinting in his future? I cant remember if hes tried it.
  • Faversham (5-Year-Old Ridgling)

Date: January 18, 2020
    Track: TURFWAY PARK
    Distance: Four Furlongs
    Time: 48:40 Breezing
    Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: All Weather Track
  • Horse Workout Notification
    January 25, 2020

Faversham (5-Year-Old Ridgling)

Date: January 25, 2020
    Track: TURFWAY PARK
    Distance: Four Furlongs
    Time: 50:60 Breezing
    Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: All Weather Track
  • Which is it? Is Faversham slow or is Zellda Fast?
  • Haha. On Jan 18, Favy did have a 48:40 4F breezing. Her best 4F has been 49:40. However none of her workouts have been listed as "breezing", so let's hope she is fast.

Which is it? Is Faversham slow or is Zellda Fast?

• Haha. On Jan 18, Favy did have a 48:40 4F breezing. Her best 4F has been 49:40. However none of her workouts have been listed as "breezing", so let's hope she is fast.

@Especially_Horses I heard that it's rare for Santa Anita's Clockers to label a workout as "breezing." So maybe that might have something to do with it? I'm not sure how they make that decision at Turfway and other tracks.
  • edited January 25
    I appreciate you telling me that, good to know. BTW, as of now, her recorded times don't concern me. :)

Haha. On Jan 18, Favy did have a 48:40 4F breezing. Her best 4F has been 49:40. However none of her workouts have been listed as "breezing", so let's hope she is fast.

@Especially_Horses I heard that it's rare for Santa Anita's Clockers to label a workout as "breezing." So maybe that might have something to do with it? I'm not sure how they make that decision at Turfway and other tracks.
  • Next Race: February 1, Race 7, Turfway Park

• Faversham finished 10th beaten by 31 1/4 lengths, on February 1, 2020, at TURFWAY

Dead last.
    Footnotes: Faversham was done early.

I hope this was his last race.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Me too!
  • It's time --- way pass time, the owners needed to find this horse a safe place and that would not be anywhere near a racetrack or a breeding shed,

• KMM said:

Me too!

Hey!
  • KMM said:

Me too!

Nothing to do with Faversham, but gotta say -- good to see you back, lady! @KMM
  • KMMKMM Member
    <3
  • Ditto.... :)
    sarinne said:

KMM said:

Me too!

• Ditto.... :)

sarinne said:

KMM said:

Me too!

Me too
  • Sorry to report that Faversham has entered stud. Sigh. Would have been so much better to see him as an ambassador for the OTTB like Coz and Zi.