Faversham (Lucky Pulpit x Love the Chase) Full Brother to California Chrome

Comments

• KMMKMM Member
    It would be really a blast if he turns out to have some talent. Good luck, young guy!
  • I wonder who will get the ride....Victor? Does anyone know who has been on him in the mornings besides his regular exercise rider?
  • Stewart Elliot has worked him. Fingers crossed he gets the ride!
  • Posted this on another Discussion Thread, but this might be a good place for it too. I don't think there is a Martin Racing Discussion Thread.

My heart feels for this guy.

This is a recent post to Martin Racing and the reply from Martin Racing.

To Martin Racing:
    Martin Racing, I've seen and watched your group really start to put together a fine barn of quality horses and participate at the level we all want to consistently be at. I have a horse with Art Sherman, well I gave him to my son for all his hard work and sacrifices he has made at the young age of 15 turning 16 in September. I am the breeder. I'm writing this to you because I also have some pretty serious medical problems and the outlook, though hopeful, is not so hopeful. It's mainly a matter of time. My son has been given a small trust fund by his grandfather a couple years back and I have also added a little bit to it for him. His horse with Art Sherman is a 3 year old who will get his first start at Los Alamitos or for sure opening weekend of Del Mar. I've known since he hit the ground he was something special and he is training very well. My son needs a partner in this horse and possible in a 2 year old gorges lucky pulpit filly who will also be a money earner. But back to this colt. I don't want my son to spend everything he has to see my dream and thought of this horse and this business in general, my addiction I guess. He loves it as well but he has a lot of life in front of him. I believe this colt is good enough to get into a breeders cup race this year. On paper he should be unstoppable on turf, but I think it won't matter what surface he runs on he is going to be a "hit the board competitor". The colt's name is Oldbelbottoms and my son the owner is Evan. If he could get a partner for even 25% of this horse it would give him a small break on the bills, but it would give him a intelligent person in this business to kind of help him navigate and hopefully miss some of the hard lessons of this business namely the people who take advantage or lie and cheat and who also don't think of the horses as only a money and simply a commodity, but a loving, living creature who performs for our pleasure

Check this colt out talk to Art about him and if interested or you know of someone who would fit the bill and is looking for an opportunity, then have Art contact my son and see what can be put together. Best of luck and prosperity to your whole group.

Reply from Martin Racing:
    Dear Mr. Crump. As you know our last partnership did not work out so well. And ...we are now a bit ...skittish about getting into individual arrangements such as these. However, the next time we visit Art we will definitely talk with him about your son Evan. Wishing you and Evan much luck.
  • EliRose said:

Stewart Elliot has worked him. Fingers crossed he gets the ride!

Fingers-crossed too. I don't want Victor.
  • tincuptincup Member
    Well, who doesn't like looking back and seeing yourself in a pair of oldbelbottoms. Lol
    Found a another horse to root for
    Good luck Evan
    Good luck Mr crump.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Who is Mr. crump?
  • Grooviest comment I've read in awhile. Now I'm determined to find that bell bottom photo...

yep oldbelbottoms gets my backing too. Just looked up the pedigree this morning...Old Topper colt, out of Bels Dream Castle. I'd say they did a fine job in naming that colt.

tincup said:

Well, who doesn't like looking back and seeing yourself in a pair of oldbelbottoms. Lol
    Found a another horse to root for
    Good luck Evan
    Good luck Mr crump.

• I don't really trust racehorse owners' assessments of their own horses when they're trying to sell a piece haha. Especially when they're trying to do it so they can pay their bills.
  • In this case I think it's the sentiment of the plea that might draw someone in. The colt's actual racing ability...I accept that Mr Crump believes it to be true, but I certainly maintain a lot of skepticism, especially the part about making a start in a Breeders Cup Race. A 25% investment...I'll wait for the next LRF offering. :)

I don't really trust racehorse owners' assessments of their own horses when they're trying to sell a piece haha. Especially when they're trying to do it so they can pay their bills.

• tincuptincup Member

I don't really trust racehorse owners' assessments of their own horses when they're trying to sell a piece haha. Especially when they're trying to do it so they can pay their bills.

Yeah maybe. The colt has had some nice works. Steady, timely and a little speed. He'll also be eligible for California breeders funds.
    I wouldn't have the slightest idea what Anthony would be asking for.
    One thing....Art is very accessible, if you asked he'd probably tell you.
  • KatyKaty Member
    Here we go

Equibase
    Horse Workout Notification
    June 10, 2017

Oldbelbottoms (3-Year-Old Colt)

Date: June 10, 2017
    Track: LOS ALAMITOS
    Distance: Four Furlongs
    Time: 49:80 Handily
    Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: Dirt
  • Katy said:

Here we go

Equibase
    Horse Workout Notification
    June 10, 2017

Oldbelbottoms (3-Year-Old Colt)

Date: June 10, 2017
    Track: LOS ALAMITOS
    Distance: Four Furlongs
    Time: 49:80 Handily
    Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: Dirt

Thanks. Want to keep up with this guy and see if he does anything of note.

• Posted this on another Discussion Thread, but this might be a good place for it too. I don't think there is a Martin Racing Discussion Thread.

My heart feels for this guy.

This is a recent post to Martin Racing and the reply from Martin Racing.

To Martin Racing:
    Martin Racing, I've seen and watched your group really start to put together a fine barn of quality horses and participate at the level we all want to consistently be at. I have a horse with Art Sherman, well I gave him to my son for all his hard work and sacrifices he has made at the young age of 15 turning 16 in September. I am the breeder. I'm writing this to you because I also have some pretty serious medical problems and the outlook, though hopeful, is not so hopeful. It's mainly a matter of time. My son has been given a small trust fund by his grandfather a couple years back and I have also added a little bit to it for him. His horse with Art Sherman is a 3 year old who will get his first start at Los Alamitos or for sure opening weekend of Del Mar. I've known since he hit the ground he was something special and he is training very well. My son needs a partner in this horse and possible in a 2 year old gorges lucky pulpit filly who will also be a money earner. But back to this colt. I don't want my son to spend everything he has to see my dream and thought of this horse and this business in general, my addiction I guess. He loves it as well but he has a lot of life in front of him. I believe this colt is good enough to get into a breeders cup race this year. On paper he should be unstoppable on turf, but I think it won't matter what surface he runs on he is going to be a "hit the board competitor". The colt's name is Oldbelbottoms and my son the owner is Evan. If he could get a partner for even 25% of this horse it would give him a small break on the bills, but it would give him a intelligent person in this business to kind of help him navigate and hopefully miss some of the hard lessons of this business namely the people who take advantage or lie and cheat and who also don't think of the horses as only a money and simply a commodity, but a loving, living creature who performs for our pleasure

Check this colt out talk to Art about him and if interested or you know of someone who would fit the bill and is looking for an opportunity, then have Art contact my son and see what can be put together. Best of luck and prosperity to your whole group.

Reply from Martin Racing:
    Dear Mr. Crump. As you know our last partnership did not work out so well. And ...we are now a bit ...skittish about getting into individual arrangements such as these. However, the next time we visit Art we will definitely talk with him about your son Evan. Wishing you and Evan much luck.

@Especially_Horses I started a discussion called Thoroughbred Owners where we can discuss other owners in the industry.
  • tincuptincup Member
    True
    Hanging out at los al is way different then hangin with the crowd at Santa Anita, you get a lot closer to everybody. Chrome brought people closer to racing. Sherman brings people closer to racing.
    Martin brings people closer to racing.
    If faversham can keep the discussion going, I say all comments are welcome...including the head dive with belbottoms...I love it
  • How does that work? Do you pay to get in to the morning workouts? What's the protocol? I'd like to get up early one morning, pick up my big bro, who lives not 15 min from Los Al and hang out drinking coffee and watching horses.
    tincup said:

True
    Hanging out at los al is way different then hangin with the crowd at Santa Anita, you get a lot closer to everybody. Chrome brought people closer to racing. Sherman brings people closer to racing.
    If faversham can keep the discussion going, I say all comments are welcome...including the head dive with belbottoms...I love it

• tincuptincup Member

How does that work? Do you pay to get in to the morning workouts? What's the protocol? I'd like to get up early one morning, pick up my big bro, who lives not 15 min from Los Al and hang out drinking coffee and watching horses.

tincup said:

True

Take him to breakfast at schwanies.
    The real name is schwanies at the gap. You can eat breakfast outside while watching the morning workouts. They open at 6 a.m. it's restricted, so visit the web sight for details. It sits right at the turn, so you get the best view.
  • A thanks to you both for the tip and website.
  • edited June 2017
    Faversham's debut has been postponed and he won't race this Friday. His team is waiting for a more favorable spot. They didn't like the full field of 14, which even with scratches would have most likely remained at 14 due to a list of four 'also eligibles'.
  • I don't know if it'll get much easier for Faversham later. Santa Anita cancelled Thursday racing for the rest of the meet, which is why the fields on Friday are so much larger. Larger fields are what Santa Anita is going for.
  • Agree with you Jaefeathered.

If they want to see what they have, talent-wise, before and in time for any of the Del Mar two year-old stakes I would think they would want to get in at least one start at Santa Anita before the season switches over to Del Mar on July 19. If they wait for Del Mar that doesn’t give them much time to prep and see what they have on their hands for either the restricted Graduation Stakes at 5 ½ F or the Grade II Best Pal at 6 ½ F. All depends on what they are trying to accomplish before the Breeder’s Cup. Of course may all be a moot point if Faversham needs more time or doesn’t have the talent for stake races. Too early, all wait and hope at this point.
  • tincuptincup Member
    There's the eight day meet at los al July 8 to July 16
    He may find a spot there on his home turf.
  • I would really enjoy that if it happens.
    tincup said:

There's the eight day meet at los al July 8 to July 16
    He may find a spot there on his home turf.