Arrogate ( Unbridled's Song - Bubbler, by Distorted Humor)

Comments

• He did not respond at all. Was running last the whole way, which I understand was not the game plan in Dubai and maybe not today? I was watching paddock coverage on TVG and was shocked at how big he's become. He literally looks like a great white shark out there.
  • edited July 2017
    I'm calling this an "Oops!" race by Arrogate. He got the hiccups today, and it cost him the race: But I hope he won't be heckled too badly for this. I think this was just a dud race, and not a precursor of future races. Even Greats can go "oops" :)
  • raceonraceon Member
    He started decently, just never fired. I wonder if the 2 horse almost going down at the start threw him off mentally. He was not interested in running.
  • Accelerate beat him in his very first race. Maybe he thought Accelerate is supposed to win? Or maybe Victor Espinosa is on a winning streak. Hope it lasts through Coz's race tomorrow. =)
  • VA_in_CA said:

Accelerate beat him in his very first race. Maybe he thought Accelerate is supposed to win? Or maybe Victor Espinosa is on a winning streak. Hope it lasts through Coz's race tomorrow. =)

Your keyboard to God's ears! <3
  • Disappointed for the big boy, but in my opinion he just showed what a truly great racehorse Chrome was. Chrome did not have an "Oops" until the Pegasus and I still say Victor's ride cost Chrome in the BBC. Maybe he wouldn't have won but it would have been a lot closer.

I am a fan of Arrogate's and I'm hoping he comes out of this race Ok and he wins the TVG Pacific Classic. Baffert said the TVG Pacific Classic is still on his calendar (of course depending on this being just an oops and not because of an injury).
  • Something definitely wrong with that.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    he thru a clunker....it happens...interesting that the same kind of think happened when BB ran Silver Charm in the San Diego
  • KetaKeta Member
    Jay Privman‏ @DRFPrivman ‎Saturday, ‎22 ‎July, ‎2017
    MIke Smith: "He came back fine. He gallops and works faster than that....
    I'm dumbfounded. I'm at a loss for words."

Steve Haskin‏ @SteveHaskin ‎Saturday, ‎22 ‎July, ‎2017
    It may sound after the fact, but Arrogate looked sluggish right from the start.
    He's never dropped that far back when he's had a clean break

• Thought he was prancing around and acting some feisty before the race...?
  • tincuptincup Member
    Missed the race. A little fever wiped me out, slept for ten hours.
    Yikes...what the heck happened?
    Funny thing. Lizzie and I always play the show pools in these kind of races. A bet on all to show. I was asleep though and you can imagine my disappointment when I looked for the results.
    Lizzie is asleep now, but I checked tvg to see what Lizzie did....she covered all shows....nice job Lizzie....
    Paid...22.00
    Wow....
    Those are always fun.
  • Didn't have time to watch the race yesterday so checked online results later last night and what a huge surprise!!! I am sorry for the poor horse's sake because he will be crucified by some of the analysts and armchair bettors/trainers. I hope he comes out of it fine and will race again in the next one. Wow.
  • tincuptincup Member
    What if it's the Dubai bounce, plain and simple.
    The ones that have come back in form are listed with the legendary
    Those that never regain the form?...also of legend
    We'll see...gotta say, his works had been fantastic
    Hmmmmm
  • Might have been that 126 pounds.
  • whoodlerwhoodler Member
    edited July 2017
    No. To both. He just didn't feel like joining the party. Easy to forget that these aren't puppets. They have minds of their own.

At least Baffert hasn't made any excuses. None needed, as far as I'm concerned.
  • Agreed. Seemed to me like he just had no interest in running.
  • Baffert ‘Disappointed,’ But Assures Fans Arrogate Will Be Ready For Pacific Classic: https://www.paulickreport.com/news/breeders-cup/baffert-disappointed-assures-fans-arrogate-will-ready-pacific-classic/
  • KMMKMM Member
    Even the best lose once in awhile. Horse racing...
  • Didn't seem to like the track. Now one wonders about the Breeders Cup Classic?!
  • I have no idea what went wrong with Arrogate on Saturday, but it wasn't the track or that he "wasn't fit enough." He just didn't even try. Even Mike Smith said that his workouts are faster than that. We might never know the answer, unfortunately, but I expect it was just a temporary issue and he'll be back to 100% next time.
  • Enough speculation. He had a hiccup. Hiccups happen. He's still a horse, and all horses have their quirky days =) He'll almost invariably do better next time.
  • I think most of us are with you in expectations for the TVG Pacific Classic. We think the Arrogate of Dubai will showup. :)

Enough speculation. He had a hiccup. Hiccups happen. He's still a horse, and all horses have their quirky days =) He'll almost invariably do better next time.

• He and Cozmic One had a long chat together and they each decided to try the other's style. =)