Arrogate ( Unbridled's Song - Bubbler, by Distorted Humor)

Comments

• Well poop! Arrogate hates Del Mar.

I really believe we will see the Arrogate we know and love. I fully expect to see a tremendous race out him today. Anyway, that's what I'm telling everyone. I thought I'd get that out there Before the race. :)

• I completely agree @Especially_Horses. I really think that it's because he hates Del Mar.
  • Zenyatta didn't like Del Mar either, so all the more impressive that she still won there.

I completely agree @Especially_Horses. I really think that it's because he hates Del Mar.

• Based on Mike's comments, I also think that he doesn't like the surface (although they changed it up a bit since the San Diego). But I also can not ignore the fact that he's grown since Dubai which may also be a significant factor.
  • I completely agree @Especially_Horses. I really think that it's because he hates Del Mar.

@jaefeathered @Especially_Horses I agree but for him not liking the surface at least he tried this time.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Excuses. Better horse today was Collected. Wow!
  • Kind of opens up the discussion on Horse of the Year a bit :/
  • edited August 2017
    Yep, that's a fact...Collected was the better horse today. Also, seems to be a fact that Arrogate doesn't like Del Mar. Too bad the BBC wasn't held at Del Mar last year....Chrome loved Del Mar =)
    KMM said:

• And Winx is the best horse in the world now.
  • Love that horse!
    Wezzie said:

And Winx is the best horse in the world now.

• Yep, that's a fact...Collected was the better horse today. Also, seems to be a fact that Arrogate doesn't like Del Mar. Too bad the BBC wasn't held at Del Mar last year....Chrome loved Del Mar =)

KMM said:

Arrogate has won at Del Mar before. Albeit in an AOC but it was run in a low 1:41. He can run at the track. He proved so last year. He's just not the same horse right now. I think this has more to do with Dubai, his growth, and the fact that I'm not sure he was ever given turnout like Chrome was last year (which would have helped grow into his growing body). I believe he was kept at Santa Anita all spring.
  • Lioness said:

Yep, that's a fact...Collected was the better horse today. Also, seems to be a fact that Arrogate doesn't like Del Mar. Too bad the BBC wasn't held at Del Mar last year....Chrome loved Del Mar =)

KMM said:

Arrogate has won at Del Mar before. Albeit in an AOC but it was run in a low 1:41. He can run at the track. He proved so last year. He's just not the same horse right now. I think this has more to do with Dubai, his growth, and the fact that I'm not sure he was ever given turnout like Chrome was last year (which would have helped grow into his growing body). I believe he was kept at Santa Anita all spring.
    The track surface is different this meet than it was last summer. All the trainers say it's much deeper and horses either hate it or love it.
  • LionessLioness Member
    edited August 2017
    They recently changed it up to try to make it less deep due to flack (reportedly, at least that's what I heard). Just all my opinion. I get that he isn't crazy about the surface but a horse who ran a track record on a notoriously deep course (Saratoga) should not have that big of an issue with a deep track. But do I think that has a part to play? Yes. All? No, no way.
  • I love Mike's, "He's gonna have to run on it; he better learn to like it." That's life, Arrogate.
  • VA_in_CA said:

I love Mike's, "He's gonna have to run on it; he better learn to like it." That's life, Arrogate.

Yup, its where the classic will be.
  • Exactly.
  • I hate to say it, because I love Arrogate, but he certainly wouldn't be the first horse who never returned to form after shipping to Dubai and running in the World Cup.

When a horse puts in solid training fractions but then shuts down in the afternoon it suggests something mental, not physical. He obviously has no problem getting hold of the track in the morning, so what's shutting him down in the afternoon?
  • I saw Arrogate run in Del Mar yesterday. Maybe Dubai took much more out of him than generally believed, and he wouldn't be the first horse who has difficulties bouncing back. But he was showing effort this time
    and down the stretch he started coming just a little late in my opinion. Connected ran a beautiful race but Arrogate came awfully close… He is still my horse if he will run in the classic!

• sarinnesarinne Member
    edited August 2017
    Zenyen said:

I hate to say it, because I love Arrogate, but he certainly wouldn't be the first horse who never returned to form after shipping to Dubai and running in the World Cup.

When a horse puts in solid training fractions but then shuts down in the afternoon it suggests something mental, not physical. He obviously has no problem getting hold of the track in the morning, so what's shutting him down in the afternoon?

I was going to ask about that, @Zenyen - thank you for posting. Makes absolute sense!
  • Yes
    Aren't horses funny?
    I don't believe it's the surface, its the heart. Doesn't mean he's soft, just gets he hasn't anything to say anymore.
    Morning glory has always meant the same to my mind.
    Baffert has spoken to the idea...the horse didnt mind getting beaten.
    So...how good a price will I get in november?