Arrogate ( Unbridled's Song - Bubbler, by Distorted Humor)

1272829303133»

Comments

• Another wasted breeding. High expectations for HTN and no return. Sigh. Let's hope his daughters can produce some good runners.

Rags to Riches went to Henrythenavigator in his first season too. He was standing in Kentucky at the time, but she was sent to Ireland while in foal and produced a bay colt on March 17, 2010. He was named Admirer and finished far out of it in his debut, at three. He was then exported somewhere and has disappeared. Sigh. Henrythenavigator was not a successful sire at all, either.

• The best laid plans...
    it's always the stuff that looks the most promising on paper that goes nowhere.
    It's the little inklings in the back of your head, the moth flitting around in your gut... those are the breeding s that pay off. Those and the ones you do because the one you plan didn't happen for this reason or that and the guy you used was the one available.
  • whoodler said:

The best laid plans...
    it's always the stuff that looks the most promising on paper that goes nowhere.
    It's the little inklings in the back of your head, the moth flitting around in your gut... those are the breeding s that pay off. Those and the ones you do because the one you plan didn't happen for this reason or that and the guy you used was the one available.

I can testify directly to this. My favorite homebred ever probably, Nami, was leased by someone for her first litter. Singleton, and I was so disappointed, because I had desperately wanted something back from Nami. So I leased her out to someone else for her second litter, and we got two puppies. Group Winning/Placing BISS GCHB Tristan and CH Alice (producer). Third litter she resorbed. Tristan, while gorgeous, is sterile. The first time we bred Alice, she produced six puppies, three of which finished by age two. We then tried TWICE to get her in whelp to the third sire we had used on Nami that Nami had resorbed. Nothing. So we went a different direction, and that is where my current girl Deva came from, and litter sister, Sedona, will also be out with a handler soon. God/Mother Nature/Fate/Karma......whatever YOU want to call it.....well, what is supposed to be happening when it's happening, even if it's hard to understand at the time.

I think in regard to horse breeding, for instance with HTN and Zenyatta's female family, we've yet to see those mares produce. Give it time.....
  • Gun Runner, Arrogate resume rivalry at breeding stock sales: https://www.drf.com/news/gun-runner-arrogate-resume-rivalry-breeding-stock-sales
  • LionessLioness Member
    edited December 2018
    Arrogate has lovely dapples now

And here's his conformation shot

• Top Sprinter, Broodmare, Artemis Agrotera and her Arrogate Foal: