2017 Dubai World Cup.

Comments

• The Dubai World Cup is tomorrow? Wow, I'm really not into it this year :/ I need to be sparked before tomorrow.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Weather has been less than perfect in Dubai
  • That may cut into the attendance, or at least into attendance at the rooftop snack bar there. Funny, you don't think of rain in connection with the Arabian Desert region, although maybe the Persian Gulf has an influence on the climate in Dubai.
  • KetaKeta Member
    VA_in_CA said:

That may cut into the attendance, or at least into attendance at the rooftop snack bar there. Funny, you don't think of rain in connection with the Arabian Desert region, although maybe the Persian Gulf has an influence on the climate in Dubai.

Forecast are saying Saturday weather will be good.
    It has been quite variable over the past few days.
    Keta

• KetaKeta Member
    edited March 2017
    tincup
    Here is a site with a graphic of the track and
    a list of the 9 races with length.
    1 Godolphin mile to
    9 Dubai World Cup

Time: Gates open at noon. First race starts at 3.45pm This is Dubai time
    Note: 3:45 PM Saturday, in Dubai - United Arab Emirates is
    4:45 AM Saturday, on West Coast

Dubai World Cup: TV info, times, tickets, predictions and everything you need to know
    http://www.thenational.ae/sport/dubai-world-cup/dubai-world-cup-tv-info-times-tickets-predictions-and-everything-you-need-to-know
  • KetaKeta Member
    edited March 2017
    Jockey Mike Smith Dubai World Cup Carnival Press Conference on March 24
    twinspires Published on Mar 24, 2017
    VIdeo courtesy of the Dubai Racing Club

• He's out of a Grindstone mare. Grindstone is one of my favorite Derby winners.
  • He's out of a Grindstone mare. Grindstone is one of my favorite Derby winners.

He looks get. This uae is pretty exciting. Some really nice horses from many different places.
    I saw that you may be feeling a little less enthusiasm for this year's carnival. If you do catch a couple of races,I think you'll be well rewarded. The Europeans have come very strong, with some very,very nice stock. Lots of Americans too. Every race looks fabulous.
    :)
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited March 2017
    I agree tincup! Strong contingents from U.S. and Euros! I am not getting up that early though. Haha!
  • Well that just stinks. In late and out early tomorrow...there goes my Dubai day...
    Oh well, I'll still try to get a couple of plays in.
  • bleubettybleubetty Member
    edited March 2017
    I won't get to watch any of the races live --- but I have it set up to record. I will be at an allstar cheerleading competition with two of my granddaughters. I am so looking forward to seeing Arrogate run --- hope I can make myself stay off the forum thread until I watch the races!
    Edit: I'm also looking forward to seeing what, if any, antics happen with Lani --- he's the wild card in any deck, but for some strange reason, I really get a kick out of him Besides, he's a Tapit --- and I love Tapit!
  • mrsrebakermrsrebaker Member
    edited March 2017
    Second Summer upsets the Godolphin Mile to start the day! He beat Ross and Sharp Azteca on a muddy, sealed track.

http://live.drf.com/nuggets/35780

Reda takes the Kahayla Classic for Arabians!

Vazirabad repeats in the Gold Cup!!! Beautiful Romance was second, Sheikzayedroad was third.

Epicharis just gets beat by a rallying Thunder Snow! Master Plan third.
  • That UAE Derby sure had an exciting stretch drive between Thunder Snow and Epicharis. I really thought Thunder Snow was beaten about a 1/16th out, but he fought back to get his nose down on the wire.
  • Yea, Biscuit!
  • bigherbiebigherbie Member
    edited March 2017
    whoodler said:

Yea, Biscuit!

A YEA from me also ...
  • Holy CRAP Mind Your Biscuits was impressive! He must have been 6+ wide the entire race and just stormed home to win by 3 lengths. I don't think his jockey ever went to the whip either.
  • ZenyenZenyen Member
    edited March 2017
    WOW! What a horse!

That was a race to get the heart pounding.

First time off Lasix
    First time out of the States
    Under the lights
    International field of class
    Pinched at the start
    Dirt in his face
    Just enough stick to get him focused
    Toyed with them at the end

"I'm just going to ride him like Zenyatta."
  • edited March 2017
    Ok, I just went over the moon with excitement seeing one of the greatest racehorses of my time win the World Cup. Every time I see Arrogate my jaw just drops over his built. Every inch of his body screams power.

So many times we talk about horses being unfortunate to be born in the same year as another champion (i.e. Sham / Secretariat ), well it's unfortunate that California Chrome was born in the same decade of Arrogate! CC had hardly anytime to bask in the public glory before being upstaged by Arrogate in money won, overwhelming victories, and anticipation of what is to come.
  • AvirnaAvirna MichiganMember
    edited March 2017
    Mikey- "Missed the break and I thought, you know? It's fine. i'm just gonna ride him like Zenyatta."

I was with Bob when he missed the break so badly. I thought he would definitely show and give it his all, but I did NOT think he'd win, and particularly not so convincingly. Very rarely am I so happy to be so mistaken.
  • Terrific race.
  • Holy mother of god. That was one of the greatest performances I think I've ever seen.