Unique Bella (Tapit-Unrivaled Belle)

Comments

• Lioness said:

She's massive compared to the others. I thought she rated well today once she got to the outside, but they were moving so maybe she had no time to get impatient.

Look at seconds 13 - 15 where she nearly goes through the 1 - 2 horse and Mike's practically dragging her head back in his lap until he can turn her to the right and put her on the outside.

Again, anyone of less skill than a Mike Smith and you'd have a trainwreck on the front end.

• I actually was watching live and I'm like, I hope Zenyen sees this. hahaha She was right!
  • KMMKMM Member
    She made the mare on inside look like a yearling in size. B)
  • LionessLioness Member
    edited October 2017
    Zenyen said:

Lioness said:

She's massive compared to the others. I thought she rated well today once she got to the outside, but they were moving so maybe she had no time to get impatient.

Look at seconds 13 - 15 where she nearly goes through the 1 - 2 horse and Mike's practically dragging her head back in his lap until he can turn her to the right and put her on the outside.

Again, anyone of less skill than a Mike Smith and you'd have a trainwreck on the front end.

It looked to me like her stride was being messed up by other horses and she was getting upset (bad camera angle perhaps) but I'll take your word that she wanted to bolt there haha. That's what I meant when I said got to the outside.
  • She looked pissed to me, who knows nothing about horse racing subtleties! Lol
  • How dare there be fillies on the piece of real-estate she wants!
  • She must be an ALPHA mare in the making. hahaha I bet she'd do well against the boys, too. She exudes power, yet she's so beautiful. Love her color. She's also a Tapit, but unlike poor Ziconic, she doesn't look like Tapit in build. She got the tall genes from somewhere.
  • sarinnesarinne Member
    edited October 2017
    VA_in_CA said:

She must be an ALPHA mare in the making. hahaha I bet she'd do well against the boys, too. She exudes power, yet she's so beautiful. Love her color. She's also a Tapit, but unlike poor Ziconic, she doesn't look like Tapit in build. She got the tall genes from somewhere.

@VA_in_CA -- her broodmare sire is Unbridled's Song. He was over 17hh.
  • Wow. I knew he was her damsire, but didn't know he was so huge. That explains it, I guess. Wonder how big her mama is. She'd have a hard time recognizing her baby now. haha. I guess Arrogate takes after him, his papa, too.
  • Mom is big, but wasn't that big when she ran.

Last year at KEENOV, very pregnant:

Defeating Rachel Alexandra (Morena, who ran third, is the dam of Belmont winner Creator):

Her Ladies' Classic score:
  • Mom was quite the runner too! I had forgotten that. She also appears to be a handful as well.
  • All I can say is WOW --- this filly is so talented, powerful, competitive, aggressive on the track and everything else that @Zenyen has said in her comments. She's big and beautiful and apparently got all the good genes from both sides of her pedigree! She's not an easy ride for Mike Smith, once she hits the track she is willful and wants to be in charge. I wonder what she's like off the track, in the barn.
    Thanks @EliRose for the videos of Unrivaled Belle --- I think Unique Bella got some of her talent and competitiveness from her Mama. When she sold at the Keeneland November Breeding stock sale in 2011 she gaveled down at 2.8 million. She got "edgy" during that sale, a handful for the handler, so they took her out with the bid at 1.1 million. Link of that sale below.

• Mama has got quite the attitude too! Thanks @EliRose and @bleubetty for those videos! I've have my "girl dogs" act up like that in the show ring, but I dont call them fillies... :wink:
  • Thanks ladies for posting those videos. Fascinating. Quite impressive the way Unrivaled Belle acted up and was labeled a cribber and it was all overlooked because she was a winner. Very good winner at that. When she sold last year she was carrying Unique Bella's full sister. Wonder if she'll equal her and her mom in their success. She was a pretty girl and Unique Bella looks a lot like her. Enjoyed watching her race where she beat Rachel A. The follow-up video shows her winning the 2010 BC Ladies' Classic. I guess she and Zenyatta never raced against each other?
  • I was reading through the posts and was going to post a similar comment to yours. If only Zi had received some "tall genes" from Zeny. It's been commented before that Zeny appears to let the Stallion stamp her get.

What a magnificent animal we have in Unique Bella. She really is so awesome.
    VA_in_CA said:

She's also a Tapit, but unlike poor Ziconic, she doesn't look like Tapit in build. She got the tall genes from somewhere.

• There she goes again........

Horse Workout Notification
    October 25, 2017

Unique Bella (3-Year-Old Filly)

Date: October 25, 2017
    Track: SANTA ANITA PARK
    Distance: Five Furlongs
    Time: 59:20 Handily
    Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: Dirt
  • sarinne said:

There she goes again........