Unique Bella (Tapit-Unrivaled Belle)

1151617181921»

Comments

• KMMKMM Member
    Grey around the eyes and sides of head. Unrivaled Belle's sire was Unbridled Song, and Unique Bella's sire was Tapit--alot of grey there.
  • sarinnesarinne Member
    Her muzzle is grey, that's why IMVNO I think she's grey. She also has some light spots in side spots of her body pic where it appears the hair is losing it's pigment. But I bow to the judgement of those more in the know.
  • ZenyenZenyen Member
    oriflamme said:

How can you tell the filly is gray? Does anyone know if Unique Bella is homozygous gray (could be with those parents)? If so, all her foals would be gray, no?

The filly is also expressing hyperpigmentation, which is usually a sign that the coat will go grey.
  • sarinnesarinne Member
    Zenyen said:

oriflamme said:

How can you tell the filly is gray? Does anyone know if Unique Bella is homozygous gray (could be with those parents)? If so, all her foals would be gray, no?

The filly is also expressing hyperpigmentation, which is usually a sign that the coat will go grey.
    @Zenyen --- you mean where she looks black? Sorry for the dumb question.
  • ZenyenZenyen Member
    Correct!
  • RachelRachel Member
    I hope she inherited her Dam's snowflake/leaf vein spots
  • KMMKMM Member
    I think that may have been my comments of color surrounding her eyes and upper sides of head; I described them as grey, they are much closer to a gray-black. Didn't know that would be described as hyperpigmented color, which more familiarly that at least know about are age spots, tattoos, and the like in humans. Thank you Zenyen, and do admire your overall knowledge.
  • Una Bella d'Oro: Don Alberto's New Golden Girl: