Serena's Song

I figured i would make this discussion now (and am surprised no one has made one for her yet.) She was a great race are as well as a fantastic broodmare and now a grand dam. She has been retired from breeding at the age of 20.

Comments

• Love the quotes at the end of the article, one of them, "One of the soundest, hardest knocking racehorses you'll ever see in the modern era. Never missed a day of training and never got injured. Heart of a lion and tough as nails. One of my all time favorites for sure! I love that she's still sassy as ever too."
  • Sparkman: Coniah adds to legacy of Serena's Song: http://www.drf.com/news/sparkman-coniah-adds-legacy-serenas-song
  • KMMKMM Member
    This horse is not from damline of Serena's Song. I think the writer made a mistake.
  • KMM said:

This horse is not from damline of Serena's Song. I think the writer made a mistake.

The article also discusses her son, Harlington, who is Coniah's sire.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Sarinne, I know. I am saying it is a reach.
  • KMM said:

Sarinne, I know. I am saying it is a reach.

I think it was because the article starts out saying how successful Urban Sea, also a great racemare, has done as the dam of prolific stallions Galileo and Sea The Stars. If their get are a tribute to their dam, then so should be the offspring of Serena Song's sons. Not a reach in my book to look at the get of the the sons of a blue hen mare.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Gotcha.
  • Serenas Song: A Horse of a Lifetime and Her Life at Denali:
  • KMMKMM Member
    She certainly is a kind and beautiful mare. What a cool story!
  • And she looks amazing for her age..........truly an incredible legacy and it was obvious that she was not only managed well as a racemare, but as a broodmare!
  • KMMKMM Member
    What an amazing damline! In Europe and Australia, we look at Serena's Sister, a full sister, amazing descendents too. A prepotent cross with Rahy is that damline.
  • WOW --- it's hard to believe that Serena's Song is 27 years old. She looks so amazing and was truly a great racing mare and broodmare. You can tell she's loved.
  • Here is a list of her foals:
    Serena's Tune 1998 mare by Mr. Prospector owned by Hill 'n' Dale Farm & Edward McGhee as of 2006
    Sophisticat 1999 mare by Storm Cat owned by Asco International Pty Ltd (AUS) as of 2013
    Arbitrate 2000 stallion by Deputy Minister owned by Oak Stable as of 2006
    Grand Reward 2001 stallion by Storm Cat owned by Robert and Beverly Lewis as of 10/1/2005
    Harlington 2002 stallion by Unbridled owned by Chad Schumer as of 2016
    Pure Symmetry 2003 mare by Storm Cat owned by Roundhill Stud (IRE) as of 2017
    Colourful Score 2004 stallion by Storm Cat owned by John Ferguson Bloodstock as of 2005
    Spark Candle 2005 ridgling by A.P. Indy owned by Nobutaka Tada as of 2006
    Schramsberg 2006 stallion by Storm Cat owned by Bar None Ranches Ltd. as of 2020
    Stormberg 2008 ridgling by Storm Cat owned by William J. Sims as of 8/3/2014
    Night and Day 2009 mare by Unbridled's Song owned by Lewis Thoroughbred Breeding as of 2020
    Serene Melody 2010 mare by Street Cry (IRE) owned by Lewis Thoroughbred Breeding as of 2019
    Gold Serenade 2014 mare by Medaglia d'Oro owned by Lewis Thoroughbred Breeding as of 2020