Where did coz go?

Any one have news about what happened to cozmic one? He hasn't raced in over a year. No workouts listed on equibase either.

Comments

• We, too, have all been waiting to hear ANYTHING!
  • I truly am shocked they haven't tried him on the turf. Just my opinion.
  • Coz is taking a long nap.
  • I've pretty much concluded Coz has been shuffled off somewhere for a variety of potential reasons -- lack of talent, bad behavior, perhaps injury -- and may not ever be spoken of again. I don't doubt the Mosses will make sure he has a good life. But such long silences tend to speak volumes.
  • BetsyB said:

I've pretty much concluded Coz has been shuffled off somewhere for a variety of potential reasons -- lack of talent, bad behavior, perhaps injury -- and may not ever be spoken of again. I don't doubt the Mosses will make sure he has a good life. But such long silences tend to speak volumes.

I have had this same thought. What other conclusion can there be? As you say, silence speaks volumes.

• edited February 2017
    I think the Moss' know that they will have to communicate some type of closure to his racing career. Although it would be nice to hear something sooner than later, I won't be surprised if an announcement comes at the same time or very close to when Zeny gives birth to her new foal.
  • Are you kidding? The Mosses wouldnt dare, Coz is Zenny's first born and they love him as much as they love her. Ann wouldn't let them just 'shuffle' him off somewhere.
  • He is not retired until he is retired, IMO.
  • Well yes, but he could be retired and the announcement is pending the "right time". :)
    KMM said:

He is not retired until he is retired, IMO.

• bigherbiebigherbie Member
    edited February 2017
    delete
  • Rachel said:

Are you kidding? The Mosses wouldnt dare, Coz is Zenny's first born and they love him as much as they love her. Ann wouldn't let them just 'shuffle' him off somewhere.

Perhaps I made a poor choice of word. I simply meant he's likely been taken off track and, I suspect, will not return. I did try to stress that I'm sure the Mosses will make sure he is well cared for, if not with them, in another setting.
  • Its okay :)
  • Will he be used for breeding? He'll make a nice show horse or event horse. Show breeders would love to breed to him.
  • nayrod said:

Will he be used for breeding? He'll make a nice show horse or event horse. Show breeders would love to breed to him.

With that temperament, no way.
  • If he's to have a career as a sport horse, he will need the "brain surgery."
  • Maybe it's been done and he's been turned out somewhere.

Staying on this subject, does anyone have any contacts for the backside of Santa Anita? Someone, who they can ask if they have even seen Coz still in John's barn? I even feel like inquiring with Barbara Livingston. She's been taking photos at Santa Anita just in the last day or so.....hey Barbara have you seen Coz? LOL.

If he's to have a career as a sport horse, he will need the "brain surgery."

• Let's all hope he's had his brain surgery. And is recovering well...
  • I have a feeling there is more going on behind the scenes than we are privy to know. There has been a curtain dropped on any information flow...even backside utterings are silent. Time will tell.
  • No word does not mean the "curtain has been dropped" ...
  • He's five years old. He hasn't raced in two years and seven months. He hasn't had a serious workout-schedule in over two years. How long do you stare at the dropped curtain before you get out of your seat knowing the curtain won't rise again for an encore performance?

His official 5th birthday is March 8. I once offered the suggestion that an announcement about his retirement from racing might come around the birth of the new 2017 foal. Now, I am thinking an announcement in a couple of weeks, on or near his birthday, might be an appropriate time.
  • If the rumors about the Mosses splitting are true then I am sure there is much going on about who gets which horse, etc. Maybe that is why we are not hearing much information on the boys.

• No news. No splits. I think they will handle horses as a company.
  • We all love Coz, but, obviously, he is not going to the races. Maybe a sporting horse career, maybe a movie career, but hopefully (unless it is kept in the "family") not a stallion career. But, who knows .... maybe only The Shadow knows!