Mind Your Biscuits (NY Bred)

New York's 2016 Horse of the Year,
Champion 3-Year-Old Male, Champion Male Sprinter:
Mind Your Biscuits

Comments

• KetaKeta Member
    Spa Infield Goose‏ @SaratogaGoose 9 Apr 2016
    Our horse lost to a @KaceyMusgraves song.
    Congrats Mind Your Biscuits, winner of Race 7 at Aqueduct.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Robert Falcone Jr‏ @FalconeJr 4 Jul 2016 (Trainer at time)
    Mind your Biscuits romps! Glad I get to work with such a nice horse
    thanks to everyone for the opportunity and congrats to all connections!
  • KetaKeta Member
    Spa Infield Goose‏ @SaratogaGoose 30 Jul 2016
    @KaceyMusgraves a horse named Mind Your Biscuits won a stakes race at Saratoga!
  • KetaKeta Member
    Mind Your Biscuits Takes Amsterdam
    By BloodHorse Staff July 30, 2016
    Mind Your Biscuits powered through on the rail in his graded stakes debut July 30, overtaking Maniacal in the stretch for a 1 3/4-length victory in the $200,000 Amsterdam (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at Saratoga Race Course. Watch Video
    Under jockey Joel Rosario, the Posse colt hit the wire in 1:15.25 over 6 1/2 furlongs on the main track.
    Trained by Robert Falcone Jr., the chestnut colt won his second consecutive race after beating allowance company on July 4 at Belmont Park.
    http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/213769/mind-your-biscuits-takes-amsterdam
  • Mind Your Biscuits' win in Dubai was absolutely incredible. He broke from the far outside post (#14 I believe) and was 6+ wide the entire way, but still flew home to win. Very very impressive run from him.
  • KetaKeta Member
    DougJoseph‏ @PrvtDougJoseph 3 Nov 2016
    Mind your Biscuits has got a legit shot in the BC Sprint.
    Jockey has to settle the horse, if he chases he'll back up in the lane.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Sarah Cordek‏ @saroids 5 Nov 2016
    @BreedersCup Hope to see Mind Your Biscuits next year.
    I love this horse and especially his name. #BC16

Voice of Reason‏ @GuruofSpread 20 Dec 2016
    Replying to @BradFree1
    3rd across the wire is an insult to trainer and horse. Mind Your Biscuits 2cd in BC Sprint, worked bullet half!!!
  • KetaKeta Member
    Mind Your Biscuits Heads Malibu Field
    By Alicia Wincze Hughes The Blood-Horse December 21, 2016
    The 2016 season has been all about forward progress for New York-bred colt Mind Your Biscuits.
    In his first try against graded stakes company, the 3-year-old son of Posse captured the grade II Amsterdam Stakes at Saratoga Race Course July 30. In his first deep dive as part of the Breeders' Cup World Championships card, the chestnut colt was beaten just a nose for second in the TwinSpires Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) and ended up elevated to that position this week when news came down about runner-up Masochistic being disqualified for failing a post-race drug test.
    The next step in the progression would be checking a top-level victory off the list. With rival and Breeders' Cup Sprint winner Drefong declared out of the Dec. 26 $300,000 Malibu Stakes (gr. I) after spiking a temperature, the odds are greatly in Mind Your Biscuits' favor to achieve that feat as he heads a field of 10 sophomore runners entered for the seven-furlong test at Santa Anita Park.
    http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/218537/mind-your-biscuits-heads-malibu-field
  • KetaKeta Member
    Mind Your Biscuits Has Falcone on the Rise
    By Alicia Wincze Hughes The Blood-Horse December 26, 2016
    The trainer vocabulary Robert Falcone Jr. possesses could pass for that of a conditioner decades deep into a been-there, seen-that career.
    Like many of his Belmont Park brethren who have literally had barns on the backside for longer than he has been on this earth, the 22-year-old Brooklyn native speaks in a second-nature manner of reconciling Thoroughbred racing's peaks and declines, of being grateful for the good horses in his care, of being all too mindful of the fact it could be hours, days, years, or never before another prime career opportunity manifests.

His is a decidedly non wide-eyed perspective that flies in the face of what his age and experience says he should own. It is a seasoned stance shaped by the fact Falcone's formative years were spent preparing for what has transpired the past three seasons, and one that has been enhanced the last several months as he has knock off feats some of his backstretch neighbors have spent their entire careers chasing.
    http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/218585/mind-your-biscuits-has-falcone-on-the-rise
  • KetaKeta Member
    Mind Your Biscuits Scores Grade I in Malibu
    By Jeremy Balan The Blood-Horse December 26, 2016
    The New York-bred with the 22-year-old trainer seems to have taken a liking to the main track at Santa Anita Park.
    After a quality third-place run in the TwinSpires Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) Nov. 5, Mind Your Biscuits shipped to his home state, resumed training there, and then returned to California to grind out a grade I victory Dec. 26 in the $300,000 Malibu Stakes. Watch Video
    Turning for home in the seven-furlong test, the Robert Falcone Jr.-trained Mind Your Biscuits loomed as the only threat to fellow East Coast shipper Sharp Azteca and he wore down his rival on the outside to win by a half-length.
    http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/218617/mind-your-biscuits-scores-grade-i-in-malibu
  • KetaKeta Member
    Mind Your Biscuits On Track for Gulstream Park Sprint
    By BloodHorse Staff February 10, 2017
    Grade 1 winner Mind Your Biscuits motored through a powerful half-mile work in a bullet :47 3/5 Feb. 10 at the Palm Meadows Training Center. It was the 4-year-old's final workout before making his seasonal debut in the $100,000 Gulfstream Park Sprint (G3) at Gulfstream Park Feb. 25.
    http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/219754/mind-your-biscuits-on-track-for-gulstream-park-sprint
  • KetaKeta Member
    Ray Kowalski‏ @runhappyfan Feb 25 2017
    Ray Kowalski Retweeted BloodHorse
    To me it looked like they just used this as a prep for Mind Your Biscuits.
    Rosario really never asked the horse. Just let him run on his own

dennis trusty‏ @dennis_trusty Feb 26
    could i just say i see alot of tweets about unifieds win yesterday sorry mind your biscuits was the best horse by far joel gave a bad ride
  • KetaKeta Member
    edited April 5
    Breeders’ Cup Presents Connections:
    Summers Lets Mind Your Biscuits Have Things His Way
    by Natalie Voss | 03.01.2017 Paulick Report
    Never was there a kid so disappointed to find he'd grown tall enough to ride roller coasters as a young Chad Summers. Summers was the only youngster he knew on his native Long Island who had grown up with dreams of becoming a jockey, and as a 4'10, 90-pound high school freshman, he had thought his dream was attainable until he hit a growth spurt.
    As a child, Summers attended races at Saratoga and Belmont with his father and brother. His aspiration to work in horse racing was unique in his urban surroundings; he recalls a childhood friend who could only be convinced to come to the track because he loved Carvel ice cream. If Summers won a bet with the $2 their parents gave them, he bought the friend ice cream.
    “Surreal” is the only word Summers has to describe transition from being an occasional racegoer with big dreams and an ice cream cone to preparing for a trip to Dubai to saddle a horse in the Group 1 Golden Shaheen. In a little over three weeks, Summers will accompany Mind Your Biscuits, the horse he trains and co-owns along with his father and brother, to the biggest race of their lives. Summers took out his training license in Florida in early February and the Posse colt's second-place effort behind Unified in the Grade 3 Gulfstream Park Sprint was one of his first two starts as a trainer. Now, he's filling out paperwork and ordering blood tests to send his first graded stakes horse halfway across the globe.
    http://www.paulickreport.com/features/breeders-cup-presents-connections/breeders-cup-presents-connections-summers-lets-mind-biscuits-things-way/
  • KetaKeta Member
    edited April 5
    sdhorserace‏ @sdhorserace Mar 22 2017
    Mind Your Biscuits draws outside in a 14-horse field in the Golden Shaheen at @DRC_Meydan Saturday. Stallwalkin Dude post #1, St.Joe Bay #11
  • KetaKeta Member
    edited April 5
    Brisnet.com‏ @Brisnet Mar 25 2017
    Joel Rosario says wasn't ideal trip for Mind Your Biscuits after drawn in post 14,
    but credits horse for being best in Shaheen field. #DWC17

Debonaire Hustler‏ @DebonairHustler Mar 25 2017
    Mind Your Biscuits won by 3 lengths but was easily 10 lengths the best horse
  • KetaKeta Member
    Nick Tammaro‏ @NTamm1215 Mar 25 2017
    Mind Your Biscuits broke his maiden 50 weeks ago.
    He has since won a Grade II and two Grade Is and has run 10 times.
    Easy horse to like.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Jennifer Morrison‏ @jensblog Mar 25 2017
    MIND YOUR BISCUITS co-owner Chad Summers took out his trainer's license this to train his horse he bought back from auction

Alicia Wincze Hughes‏ @BH_AHughes Mar 25 2017
    Chad Summers, who just won his first race as a trainer with Mind Your Biscuits in the Golden Shaheen "He's a remarkable horse, very special"