Naby

Thank you all for your answers. Everyone is saying 'she', so it's a girl?????? YES! YES!
I pray that all goes perfectly with baby and mom. Can't wait!

Comments

• Naby?
    Hahaha I hit the wrong key; BABY
  • ZenyenZenyen Member
    @kathleenc52

The sex of the foal is unknown.

Everybody is hoping for a filly so saying "she" is a way of hoping to coax the fates into cooperating. But no one will know till the foal is on the ground.

Personally I don't care if it's a colt or a filly. I just hope it is healthy and the tragedies of the past 4 years are over for Zenyatta.
  • Help! Who or what is Naby --- I feel like I've missed something very important!!
  • ZenyenZenyen Member
    It's a typo for "baby".
  • colleencolleen Member
    Is mama in the foaling barn yet?
  • KMMKMM Member
    Nope as far as we know.
  • colleencolleen Member
    Way back in July I guessed April 15th a dark bay filly with 4 white socks. Wonder if I was way off as things are so quiet. Usually we are all pacing and pacing about now. Come on guys lets get going here! We got a baby coming.
  • KMMKMM Member
    I think that they are being very careful with any announcements after last year.
  • They are saying she is due in Mid-May. Your speculating is premature.
  • RachelRachel Member
    Who is they? Staff at Lanes End?

In due time, we will surely know :)
  • Thanks @Zenyen --- I hope this "Naby" baby is a filly, deep dark brown, almost black with dapples like Z when she's older. Would love a Zenyatta blaze and a couple of white socks. If this foal looks like Medaglia d' Oro, it will be gorgeous, too. He is such a beautiful stallion, I had hoped MDO or Tiznow would be Z's first "date" --- they just look like the perfect match to me. I know --- the Tiznow mating is never going to happen!
    No matter the sex of the foal, just want a safe delivery for Zenyatta and a healthy colt or filly.
  • Rachel said:

It was confirmed as mid-May by Dottie, according to Karen Gogue.

• Thanks @VA_in_CA , It's way too early to start pacing but by early May we should put on some good walking shoes! Just a suggestion, but shouldn't we be posting in the thread "Zenyatta's Waiting Room 2017"? Maybe this topic could be moved to that thread and then we'd have all the comments on the Z17 foal in one thread.
    Not being critical --- just a thought!
  • I Ditto that thought.
    bleubetty said:

Thanks @VA_in_CA , It's way too early to start pacing but by early May we should put on some good walking shoes! Just a suggestion, but shouldn't we be posting in the thread "Zenyatta's Waiting Room 2017"? Maybe this topic could be moved to that thread and then we'd have all the comments on the Z17 foal in one thread.
    Not being critical --- just a thought!

• WezzieWezzie Member
    Well that's something to shoot for. Not sure who Karen Gogue is though?
    VA_in_CA said:

Rachel said:

It was confirmed as mid-May by Dottie, according to Karen Gogue.

• Karen comments on the Blog and also goes to Santa Anita a lot, where she seems to have a good rapport with many of the people there. She used to post on the Forum in the early years. She posts a lot of videos of the horses being saddled, walked and then ridden in the paddock area, etc. I friended her on facebook a while back, so maybe I've seen those videos on her own page. Can't remember. Also on a page for a smaller group of Zenyatta fans. Anyway, she talks to Dottie and John and Mike and others there at SA.
  • WezzieWezzie Member
    Thanks @VA_in_CA
  • colleencolleen Member
    VA_in_CA said:

They are saying she is due in Mid-May. Your speculating is premature.

Well excuse me for being ahead of things, when it was first announced this was the date. I am excited for this just the same.

• No probs.

Speaking of babies, I think April the Giraffe is going to be having hers in the next few hours. She's been pacing all day, is still restless, is licking and checking her vulva area a lot, and it is looking swollen.
  • colleencolleen Member
    April's little guy is so adorable!
  • This is a great thread for Naby the Giraffe.
  • HAHAHA. Good one. Let's start the rumor that his name is Naby. haha.