Welcome Princess 2017

edited May 10 in General Interest
Welcome to the new Princess. May she grow up healthy and strong. Can't wait for more photos
<3 <3 <3

Comments

• Wow!!! So happy!! So glad for all! Speechless!
  • sarinnesarinne Member
    Wonderful news, she's gorgeous! :heart:
  • zfanzfan Member
    Beautiful!!! Do I see a curly mane?
    Thank you!! So happy!
  • marepowermarepower Member
    zfan said:

Beautiful!!! Do I see a curly mane?
    Thank you!! So happy!

First thing I noticed. :)
  • edited May 10
    *dies of cardiac arrest from excitement*
  • Welcome little girl <3
  • KMMKMM Member
    RR, I know you are excited, but maybe contain your metaphors? No bad on you...
  • KMMKMM Member
    So cool; everybody here is awake and attuned to new Z girl. Did not expect so many responses. A lot of expectant aunts and grandmothers and friends here in the waiting room. How fun! Love you all. K
  • Her name shall be coffee bean, and she will be my wee bean.
  • I'm up, my boy is up... my best friend and husband are up... And personally I don't care what her name is, so long as she gets to the track!
  • tincuptincup Member
    She'll always be princess to me.
  • Someone needs to wrap her in bubble wrap, slap a helmet on her head, and knee pads on her legs!
  • VA_in_CAVA_in_CA Member
    And pad the fencing on her paddock which must be totally flat.
  • And make sure the ground has no holes or dips in it!
    And carefully monitor her feedings after her weaning.
  • bleubettybleubetty Member
    Well, dang, just checked in and learned the news. I am overjoyed that Zenyatta had a safe delivery and a beautiful filly to love. Can't wait for more pictures and a video --- I didn't even get to "pace" and I am glad Z didn't make us wait till mid May!
  • I literally yelped with excitement when I saw the news on Facebook, because I had to do a double take! I thought it was some blog memorializing the first Princess Z, then I looked again and was like "Wait. MEDAGLIA D'ORO FILLY?? EEP!!" My dad gave me a very funny look :) And I could literally not stop containing my excitement until this morning. I've literally waited for this to happen, for five years! Ever since Cozmic One hit the ground I've been wishing, wishing and wishing for an MdO filly! My wildest hopes have come true! Now I'm just anxious to get more pictures of her, and nervous for her good health.
  • zfanzfan Member
    Ezpresso Oro
  • zfanzfan Member
    Oops I meant Ezpresso D'Oro
  • I don't care what anyone calls her: She will always be my coffee bean!
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited May 10
    She looks like Z, maybe a little more refined than our big girl. <3 Z is such a great mom! RR, your comments regarding slapping a helmet on little girl et al. were quoted in Bloodhorse comments section under story. Haha!
  • KMM said:

She looks like Z, maybe a little more refined than our big girl. <3 Z is such a great mom! RR, your comments regarding slapping a helmet on little girl et al. were quoted in Bloodhorse comments section under story. Haha!</p>

Hey! I'm pennyfamous! Lol! And she is such a precious little filly, with such big darling eyes :) She actually looks a lot like her daddy too, at least from this one photo. But we'll see more of her when we get more pictures <3
  • lkclkc Member
    So glad she is safely here.
  • edited May 10
    I notice a lot of folks saying that MdO's fillies are typically the best fillies on the track, and this is true! However: I think some folks are forgetting that Z's own family, is most renowned for its' females. Females in Zenyatta's family have typically done better than their male family members =) Going all the way back to Legendra in Zenyatta's female family: Each broodmare's--Legendra, In The Offing, For The Flag, and Vertigineux-- highest money earners have been fillies and mares. In fact, by proportion: their daughters have won more races than their sons in overall progeny wins.
    This little filly has some of the most powerful female bias influences coursing through her blood, than any in the modern age :) Let us hope she has a chance to prove it!
    For the Flag's dam (female line) is In the Offing. Her sire, (For the Flag's damsire) is Hoist the Flag. His dam is Wavy Navy, who is the daughter of War Admiral, son of Man O'War. I think it's cool that this is basically a female line back to Man O'War that runs from Zenyatta through her dam Vertigineux's dam, For the Flag.

Interestingly, Medaglia D'Oro traces back to Man O'War through his dam as well. His damsire's dam is Court Circuit, whose dam is Cycle, whose dam is Vashti, whose dam is Vicaress, whose damsire is Man O'War.