Welcome Princess 2017

Comments

• zfanzfan CaliforniaMember
    Ditto to all that! Happy birthday sweetie!
  • I wish we could see a pic of her! I'd love to know how she's doing!
    Happy Birthday, pretty girl. Maybe we'll hear news of you soon.

• I still remember just how completely ecstatic I was that my long-time DREAM mating came to fruition in the form of a beautiful filly! Happy birthday, Lil' Bean!
  • edited May 2018
    Silver lining from the DRF article on Zenyatta's miscarriage:

"Zenyatta delivered a Medaglia d'Oro filly on May 9, 2017 before being bred back to Into Mischief. The filly, now a yearling, has been reported to be in good health. She is boarded at Lane's End, where Zenyatta also resides."

Good to hear that Bean is doing okay.
  • What catches my eye is that shoulder. Now that's a shoulder to love.

KMM said:

Wdon't even know what her future might entail. There was discussion that she might not have confirmation for racing because of hoof...

Zenyatta had the same clubbed foot as a foal that was obviously, easily corrected with proper ferrier work. It's not detrimental to a horses' career.

Observe:
  • edited May 2018
    Finally new photos on the Blog! She is a beauty! I sure hope she is sound for racing!
  • She is very nice. Looks like a sweetheart..
  • KMMKMM Member
    She has kind eyes.
  • zfanzfan CaliforniaMember
    Beautiful!
    Beggars can’t be choosy but sure wish there were more body shots.
    I’m just happy to see her so no complaining!
  • I'm with you! I've been a poor sport about the photos since the early days of Coz. Headshots, shoulder shots, etc. LOL. If full body, most of the time, from a distance. Would love to get a nice up close full body pose.
    zfan said:

Beautiful!
    Beggars can’t be choosy but sure wish there were more body shots.
    I’m just happy to see her so no complaining!

• edited May 2018
    One thing you CAN see very plainly is her left front leg and a very normal looking hoof ;)

I love her rich bay coloring and she has a very sweet little filly head and kind Zenyatta like eye.
  • ZenyenZenyen Member
    That hoof is not normal looking.

It is SIGNIFICANTLY improved from when she was born, but it is still a work in progress.
  • She’s so pretty! And she really looks like a girl. So feminine.
  • Does she have something around her ankle, and some kind of corrective shoe?
  • LionessLioness Member
    The hoof is definitely a bit odd looking, but at least the leg looks like it has a straight line. I hope we hear a name soon!
  • edited May 2018
    I cropped an magnified the pic by Alys Emson and you can see she has nothing about the ankle it is from shadows from her leg which in regular photo makes it appear to have something around it.

I would say she has a corrective shoe to help her hoof grow more correctly.

• edited May 2018
    I had enlarged the photo too in order to see the hoof/pastern area magnified, you beat me to the posting. However, apparently you goofed when using the word normal. LOL. I've reworded for you.

One thing you CAN see very plainly is her left front leg and what appears to be developmental improvement towards a very normal looking evolving hoof ;)

=) =)

I cropped an magnified the pic by Alys Emson and you can see she has nothing about the ankle it is from shadows from her leg which in regular photo makes it appear to have something around it.

I would say she has a corrective shoe to help her hoof grow more correctly.

• I would definitely agree with zenyen that this is still not a normal foot but showing some improvement, and with AllZensonTrack and Especially_Horses that she is wearing a corrective shoe (possibly with toe extensions although the photos are too low resolution to see properly). Would be nice to see a confirmation shot to get the side angle, as she still looks pretty upright in this shot( although the angle could be misleading). Nice looking filly though.
  • It's too bad the handler's leg is exactly in front of her right leg. It would have been interesting to see both front legs.
    racingfan said:

I would definitely agree with zenyen that this is still not a normal foot but showing some improvement, and with AllZensonTrack and Especially_Horses that she is wearing a corrective shoe (possibly with toe extensions although the photos are too low resolution to see properly). Would be nice to see a confirmation shot to get the side angle, as she still looks pretty upright in this shot( although the angle could be misleading). Nice looking filly though.

• KMMKMM Member
    She does look quite upright.
  • It's just great a get an update with pictures! Z17 sure is a pretty little filly, kind eye, lots of mane and forelock and she's kinda "milk chocolate" bay. Love the pic of her "smiling", maybe she really liked the cupcakes.
    I have no expertise regarding conformation or defects so I defer to the opinion expressed by Zenyen --- she does appear to have a special shoe on that foot.
    Z17 may not be perfect, that doesn't mean she won't adapt to her imperfection, others have and had successful racing careers. If she gets to the track, that's great, if not, just stay safe and healthy and help make Zenyatta a proud Grandma ---- she needs an offspring to carry on her bloodlines.
  • Hi please dont misunderstand my curiosity about the handling of this conformational defect as my meaning anything less about the horse. Its more an interest in how they are working to correct this fairly common problem. Having dealt with this myself in my own horse who developed this after a tendon injury, I know how hard this can be to resolve and was interested in how they are doing it
  • <3. Gorgeous & sassy!

• Confirmed that she is going to be trained by John Shirreffs.