Welcome Princess 2017

Comments

• AvirnaAvirna MichiganMember
    I've personally been batting around something like Twenty Twenty Vizion. Since, at three, that's likely the earliest we'd see her run and it's also a kind of "gold standard" reference. It honors the past, "hindsight being 20/20", and implies looking forward to the little girl making her mark on the racing world.
  • shirleeshirlee Member
    I know it won't happen but just simply Beloved. No other filly or colt born this year or for years will be more loved than she.
  • raceonraceon Member
    shirlee said:

I know it won't happen but just simply Beloved. No other filly or colt born this year or for years will be more loved than she.

I like it, but what came to me earlier was Danzing Queen.
  • .... She is still Wee Espresso Bean to me ._.
  • zfanzfan CaliforniaMember
    Ezzzzpresso Bean but Danzzzing Queen is super good too!
  • zfan said:

Oooo! Ezprezzo Bean?
  • .... She is still Wee Espresso Bean to me ._.

I think I like that one the best so far. Also, I'm so glad we did not know she was in the foaling barn. Seems like everything was kept really quiet for this foaling. So needed this time around. Well played Lane's End, Team Z, Kyle A; et al...well played!
  • Welcome precious little girl!

zfan said:

Oooo! Ezprezzo Bean?
    Even better!
    What a beautiful bay girl! So much lighter outside in the sun than when wet and newborn where she resembled her momma's coloring. Wonderful to get so many great photos, thank you to team Z
  • I'm literally still super happy about her! She might has well come out wrapped in a ribbon with a little "Merry Christmas" tag on her head!
  • lizzielizzie Member
    The new pics are so sweet. She's beautiful! <3 <3 <3
  • It honestly made me tear up and almost cry when she was born. I just wanted to hug her and her mum for bringing so much joy to my world. I feel like I've been waiting forever for this to happen! Yes she has a club foot, and she may not be EXACTLY what I bet on; (@Rachel and I placed a bet in carrots: I said she would be dark coffee bay, with three socks, a corronet, and a blaze) but all this time--from the moment I joined this forum almost 6 years ago-- I've been waiting, waiting for an MdO filly! To finally see it happen is a joy beyond measure. I treasure this precious little filly like I would my very own horse. She has given me much needed good news.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    I am thinking "club foot" for horse is not the same as human. Can someone break it down for me. In humans, a foot/ankle is misshapen for some reason and can be easily corrected with a series of casts on the lower legs....usually back to normal by 9mo or so. At least this is what happened up to 2010 when I retired from nursing
  • ZenyenZenyen Member
    @carolinarkansas

From an article in The Horse.com:

http://www.thehorse.com/articles/32785/managing-the-club-foot

"an abnormally upright hoof with long, contracted heels and a prominent or bulging coronary band. Because shortening of the musculotendinous unit (the deep digital flexor muscle and tendon) causes this syndrome, it is more accurate to describe a club foot as a "flexural deformity" of the coffin joint."

If you look at the picture of her galloping you can see it on the left front hoof. The bulge at the top of the hoof with an almost 90 degree down angle to the toe as well as the tightly contracted, up and down at her heel. If you look at the other 3 hooves they have the proper slant from top to toe and spread at the heel.

There is A LOT that can be done for a club foot, especially as this filly has access to the best farriers from day 1. They'll have this managed before she's weaned.
  • edited May 2017

I am thinking "club foot" for horse is not the same as human. Can someone break it down for me. In humans, a foot/ankle is misshapen for some reason and can be easily corrected with a series of casts on the lower legs....usually back to normal by 9mo or so. At least this is what happened up to 2010 when I retired from nursing

Here is an image of how to "correct" a club foot in a horse, including the bone structure of the horses' hoof:

And here is a good comparison: a horse who has a normal hoof, and a clubfoot on its' left front leg; exactly like Little Bean:

@Zenyen is right in saying it is easily corrected with a proper ferrier, as you have also stated it is in humans :)

image.png 69.4K
  • KMMKMM Member
    Haha, Zenyen, I pulled up the same article after you posted the clubfoot comment. The Horse is a great reference for all kinds of horsey things, especially medical and behavioral.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    thank you for the information...
  • KetaKeta Member
    Some of her famous half-sisters Keta
    Bloodlines: Fillies By Medaglia d’Oro Cement His Future As Top Broodmare Sire
    by Frank Mitchell | 09.29.2015 | Paulick Report
    From article
    The sire of 72 stakes winners in the Northern Hemisphere, Medaglia d'Oro is especially well-known for the excellence of his daughters, which include classic winners
    Rachel Alexandra and Plum Pretty (Kentucky Oaks), as well as other major winners like Marketing Mix (Gamely), Champagne d'Oro (Acorn), Gabby's Golden Gal (Acorn), and now Songbird.
    https://www.paulickreport.com/news/bloodstock/bloodlines-fillies-by-medaglia-doro-cement-his-future-as-top-broodmare-sire/
  • With that perfect circle on her forehead, name should be Winnerz Circle!
  • Perfect photo for Mother's Day. Look how TALL that baby is for being less than a week old. Sure takes after her mama. Picture from Zenyatta's facebook page, 14May2017
  • shirleeshirlee Member
    That little girl does have long legs. And there is Ann with them.
  • KMMKMM Member
    She is beautiful! Wonderful ballerina legs!