Welcome Princess 2017

Comments

• My first child has a great big, full baby book and a separate scrapbook with all of her milestones and my poignant observations about her. My second has a mostly empty baby book and a pile of photos that I never got around to organizing. Every mother of more than one child I've ever talked to has a similar experience. I think the fact that the frequency of reporting on Zenyatta's babies has fallen off has more to do with this phenomenon than with anything unkind anyone might have said.
  • WezzieWezzie Member
    I second that! And if you get tot the third or fourth...pictures of them with their siblings...maybe!
    jen_bloom said:

My first child has a great big, full baby book and a separate scrapbook with all of her milestones and my poignant observations about her. My second has a mostly empty baby book and a pile of photos that I never got around to organizing. Every mother of more than one child I've ever talked to has a similar experience. I think the fact that the frequency of reporting on Zenyatta's babies has fallen off has more to do with this phenomenon than with anything unkind anyone might have said.

• I'm inclined to agree with the baby book phenomenon. That reminds me of a friend who took pictures of her second baby and got them out to show me when I finally got to meet him about 5 months after he was born. I sat and looked at them in their album and her older son, about 3 years old at the time, was sitting next to me and he identified all the pictures as. "That's mommy," or "That's daddy," or "That's me and mommy," completely overlooking the focus of every one of those pictures, which was the new baby with mommy's arm, or daddy's hand. So funny and cute.
  • edited July 2017
    We’ve talked about the second, third child syndrome before. In agreement with Zenyen that neither Jerry nor Ann care about social media comments that aren’t going to have an impact on business or how they live their life and I’d be surprised if they even venture much, if at all to this Blog. I think the slowdown of information is an accumulation of many factors, not the least being the lack of racing prowess by the boys and the deaths of Z Princess and Z16. It seems like these events have led to a diminishing motivation on the part of Zeny’s connections to share. Although they haven’t pulled the plug on this site, I can kind of imagine hearing someone say “I’m done”. Oh well, news or no news there is never a lack of topics, thoughts and introspection to be shared on the Forum. Cheers!
  • Hey. No news is good news, so I'm not holding my breath (though I kinda do want news and photos, too!). Just going day by day really and not worrying about it. :) Sooner or later we'll have a pleasant surprise of a blog post, I'm sure! And it will be worth the wait.
  • I've been taking @mrsrebaker's philosophy as well =) The Mosses aren't like Coolmore: They would let us know if something went wrong.
  • edited July 2017
    I didn't read any comments that people were worried or thought something was wrong, but just comments on why they think news has slowed to a drip. :)
  • It's Friday! Crossing my fingers for all kinds of official news today.
  • zfanzfan CaliforniaMember

It's Friday! Crossing my fingers for all kinds of official news today.

I triple that hope!
  • Was hoping for Friday pictures
  • Well darn. If noting breaks until next Friday that's almost two months with no updates [June 9 - Aug 4].
  • Next Friday is July 28th. :)
  • Hee hee. I must be anxious to go on my vacation to see Grindstone and Giacomo.
    VA_in_CA said:

Next Friday is July 28th. :)

• That makes sense. haha. :)
  • CNielzCNielz Member
    I hope they'll put up even one new pic of her. I check everyday to see if there's a new one. I know you all do too.
  • LAST NEWS WAS:
    June 9, 2017
    Friday Filly Photos
    Happy Friday! We love these new photos of Zenyatta and her filly. Enjoy! Team Z

Today is Friday August 4.....just short of two months from the last update. Hoping today is a lucky Friday.
  • LAST NEWS WAS:
    June 9, 2017
    Friday Filly Photos

Today is Friday August 4.....just short of two months from the last update. Hoping today is a lucky Friday.

You got your wish, sort of ... a post and one photo, about the future of the site.
  • Sad, but not unexpected, news. And a filly who is really looking gorgeous!
  • jen_bloom said:

Sad, but not unexpected, news. And a filly who is really looking gorgeous!

She really is developing nicely! I say the following with only positive wishes, not to invoke any sort of ill karma, but she reminds me a lot of Z Princess. Zenny appears to be able to stamp her daughters with a beautiful feminine head.

As for the private news, not unexpected at all. I'm glad they agreed upon how to go forward with the website, and wish them both nothing but the best in the future.
  • Zenyen said:

jen_bloom said:

Sad, but not unexpected, news. And a filly who is really looking gorgeous!

She really is developing nicely! I say the following with only positive wishes, not to invoke any sort of ill karma, but she reminds me a lot of Z Princess. Zenny appears to be able to stamp her daughters with a beautiful feminine head.

As for the private news, not unexpected at all. I'm glad they agreed upon how to go forward with the website, and wish them both nothing but the best in the future.
    Same here. Appreciate the note and decision on the site; they certainly have no obligation to us on any of this. And yes, fillies do seem to bring out the best from Zenyatta -- no knock on her boys, but the girls really look promising.
  • Thanks BestyB.

What an absolutely gorgeous filly!

I agree that with the fillies Zeny seems to have more of an influence....a good thing. I'm not seeing Z Princess in this gal, too much, but I'm no expert, so the more experienced horse people may see something I don't see. Z Princess' overall look actually reminded me more of Zi. This current photo reminds me of Zeny's weanling photo, I see a lot of Zeny in this gal. I'm loving that shoulder on Z17.
    BetsyB said:

LAST NEWS WAS:
    June 9, 2017
    Friday Filly Photos

You got your wish, sort of ... a post and one photo, about the future of the site.
  • "Lucky" Friday indeed. First my husband's great-grandfather passes, and now news about a divorce from one of horse racing's most beloved couple. I never really knew Pop, but was following Zenyatta long before I met my husband. So I feel about equally saddened by each event. Pop was an old man, about 90, so that eases the pain somewhat. And both Jerry and Ann are alive, so that's good. But a divorce is unpleasant.

Much love to Ann for being strong through this and keeping this website alive.

On a good note, Z17 looks fantastic!!!
  • LionessLioness Member
    edited August 2017
    Sad but extremely grateful to Ann for keeping the website alive during this difficult time. Utmost respect for her to keep providing for our benefit alone!

In other news, she might be shedding to a dark bay? Like I had hoped! Hard to tell for sure with them in the sun.
  • That is one fantastic looking filly! She looks exactly like I hoped she would. I think we will see the best from Zenyatta with her fillies.
  • I got a different impression when I looked at the photo. Check these headshots and see if you can see what I see.

Pictures of Zenyatta from Zenyatta.com; pictures of Rachel Alexandra from stock photos; picture of Songbird from a story about one of her races but whose source I forgot to note, sorry.

I think Z17's head shows a pretty clear relationship to those other two Medaglia D'Oro fillies.

And here is papa himself:
    Stock photo of Medaglia D'Oro.