Welcome Princess 2017

Comments

• zfanzfan CaliforniaMember
    What a relief and thrill to see how beautiful she is.
    So sorry about the divorce, it's a hard deal to go through. My best wishes for all.
    Thank you for continuing the website, thank you.
  • 14Z, aka ZPrincess had Zenyatta's head.
    Picture from Zenyatta.com. was taken in September of 2014, so she was about a month older here than 17Z is in her picture.
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited August 2017
    Zenny has a really strong handsome head, but I would not describe it as feminine. What makes it feminine are her eyes, soft demeanor, and the gentleness and love she projects, to offsping and people alike. Too early and not enough shots of Z17 for me yet to gauge. IMO, K
  • Judging by what we've seen so far, I agree that Z17 looks more like MdO in the face than Z.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Thank you Ann. For keeping this story going.
  • She looks so much like Rachel Alexandra. I love the look of this filly.
  • Posted on the Blog --- emotional and difficult time for all concerned. So grateful that Ann intends to continue the site.
    Z17 is growing like a weed --- she looks to be shedding to a dark brown, sure hope so. Both Z and MdO are dark brown "coffee bean" with dapples. Not sure who she favors but I hope she has Z's demeanor and that soft, kind eye.
  • She has the ears, anyway.
  • ^ What @VA_in_CA said: Z17's head was a dead ringer for MdO to me. And she looks absolutely stunning, more beautiful than I could have ever hoped! Even with my fervent enthusiasm for an MdO mating over the years. She is quickly developing from a precious duckling, into a beautiful swan.

With the current news of the divorce: Zenyatta's subsequent breedings after Into Mischief (not a fan of this breeding, personally; but he is a half-brother to Beholder, and son of Leslie's Lady) will likely be up in the air until her ownership is figured out. I hope she goes to Speightstown eventually, though. Until then we have this amazing, one in a million filly =)
  • I think Zeny's ownership is already figured out. The other horses...maybe not, but probably down the road on how all that will shake out.
  • @VA_in_CA:. Thank you for the photos and clearing up in my mind why i wasn't seeing Z Princess in Z17. You nailed it....MDO really stamped this filly. I'm going to have to retract my thought on Zeny being more of an influence on the outward appearance of her fillies then she is on the colts. It appears she did influence Z Princess' head though.

Only talking about outward appearances, clearly Zeny is responsible for the back of the pack and one run style we've seen from her boys. We've all seen Tapit's and Bernie's that go to the front, race mid-pack and what have you. Obviously, a small sample from Zeny, but no doubt why both boys have that race style.

@KMM: Your comment: Zenny has a really strong handsome head, but I would not describe it as feminine. What makes it feminine are her eyes, soft demeanor, and the gentleness and love she projects, to offsping and people alike. I think that is spot on and expresses the thought I've always had about Zeny's head. Thanks.
  • I'm still going to stand by my opinion that I see Z Princess, in Z17 and the influence that Zenyatta brings to her daughters. It was my way of offering Z17 a compliment. ;)

It's okay that it's only my opinion, there are multiple factors I'm working from in coming to that conclusion and they are personal to my experiences. Just as everybody on the forum will see something different.
  • edited August 2017
    From limited photos, I'm just seeing a bit more compact body in Z Princess. Her hind end looked a bit more powerful too, which reminded me of Zi at the same age. Z17 seems a little leaner back there. But as others would say "It's too early to tell, still growing".

For sure, I don't have your background or experiences with horses, and photos can be deceiving, so my comment is coming from an untrained eye, I get that. Anyway, here's the girls. Really wish Z Princess was still with us.

Edit: Too bad we didn't get a photo without Z17's legs cut-off. Maybe more photos soon.

• VA_in_CAVA_in_CA Member
    edited August 2017
    Re the comments about Zenny's come from behind style--there is at least one video I have seen of Vertigineux racing, and she had the same style, too. Genetics is so fascinating. I'll try to find the link. Okay. Found a link. She is #10 and she's wearing a shadow roll; jockey in black and white silks with red cap.
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited August 2017
    Per Zenyen, I am not suggesting that her girls did not get her head. I just don't know if the girls got their dam's head. Too early for me to judge.
  • I hope that in the future we finally get to see her offspring go to different trainers. I want to see how that plays out in their developmemt as race horses. Each trainer has something different to offer. Maybe an Aiden O'Brien pairing or Kiaran McLaighlin
  • Wesley Ward has huge success too
  • Love the picture of Ann and "her girls." To me they all look of one mind--relaxed and happy. To me, this filly just seems to fit in perfectly with her family-both human and horse!
  • I wish they would breed Zenyatta back to Tapit again. I don't think Ziconic is a good representation of a foal she could have by Tapit.
  • zfanzfan CaliforniaMember
    What a wonderful update with photos from Lanes End today. Thank you for the wonderful pictures and sharing that special reunion too! What a beautiful filly with that special star ⭐️
  • CNielz said:

I wish they would breed Zenyatta back to Tapit again. I don't think Ziconic is a good representation of a foal she could have by Tapit.

Even still, Ziconic is a gorgeous and nicely put together colt. Honestly, with a different trainer, who knows what could have happened with that boy.
  • I don't think Ziconic's size is something they would always have. I love ziconic, and it's too bad he isn't a bit bigger. If I had all I'd wished for, Zenyatta would have had one really great colt, one really great filly, and every single other foal she had would have been fillies.
  • LionessLioness Member
    edited August 2017
    Z isn't exactly stamping her foals, and Tapit is compact and does stamp his foals--as most of his offspring seem to have his compact build. I'm not so sure they wouldn't end up with another compact foal if they send her back to him. Seems more than likely they would to me.

And Z's two foals to race have yet to show tactical speed (not saying it's impossible for her to throw one with some but we have yet to see it), so you are yet again most likely stuck with a compact foal who doesn't have the stride length to eat up the necessary ground.
  • Lioness said:

Z isn't exactly stamping her foals, and Tapit is compact and does stamp his foals--as most of his offspring seem to have his compact build. I'm not so sure they wouldn't end up with another compact foal if they send her back to him. Seems more than likely they would to me.

Yep,
  • I would just fall over if that happened