Welcome Princess 2017

Comments

• Yes I would love Z to produce a little speedster (tactical, sprint might be a stretch haha). Can't wait to watch Z17 grow!
  • Interesting to note in the one picture where you can see her tag (on the left side of her halter) it has more characters than needed to say Z17. The colts' tags said Z12 and Z13, but Z14's tag said Z Princess.
  • ZenyenZenyen Member
    edited August 2017
    VA_in_CA said:

Interesting to note in the one picture where you can see her tag (on the left side of her halter) it has more characters than needed to say Z17. The colts' tags said Z12 and Z13, but Z14's tag said Z Princess.

Zenyatta's foals have always been tagged "Zenyatta ##" If you look on the blog pictures here you can see it on bb!Ziconic's tag.

http://www.zenyatta.com/news/april-14-update

And on Cozmic One's tag.

http://www.zenyatta.com/news/lanes-end-video-interviews-part-2

• KMMKMM Member
    Is there a thread for suggested names for this new girl?
  • I call her Azalea
  • Like the flower
  • KMMKMM Member
    Let's start a naming thread so we don't clog this one up.
  • Zenyen said:

VA_in_CA said:

Interesting to note in the one picture where you can see her tag (on the left side of her halter) it has more characters than needed to say Z17. The colts' tags said Z12 and Z13, but Z14's tag said Z Princess.

Zenyatta's foals have always been tagged "Zenyatta ##" If you look on the blog pictures here you can see it on bb!Ziconic's tag.

http://www.zenyatta.com/news/april-14-update

And on Cozmic One's tag.

http://www.zenyatta.com/news/lanes-end-video-interviews-part-2

Considering the tags are there for identification, it would be pretty hard for the farm workers to just have a "Z##" haha. Especially if they don't know the mare and foal. Bringing the wrong mare and foal in together happens all of the time, even with the tags!
  • Thanks; I didn't know that. Never saw those pictures either, so thanks for including the ones of Ziconic.
  • With her broodmare career becoming limited due to age and foaling dates requiring a "not bred" season, I wouldn't roll the dice that a repeat with Tapit would get me a different body type. And as pointed out Tapit is very strong at stamping his get.
    EliRose said:

Lioness said:

Z isn't exactly stamping her foals, and Tapit is compact and does stamp his foals--as most of his offspring seem to have his compact build. I'm not so sure they wouldn't end up with another compact foal if they send her back to him. Seems more than likely they would to me.

Yep,
  • zfanzfan CaliforniaMember
    The new photos are just great.. she isn't old enough to warn correct? In one photo I see what could be Zenyatta in background?
  • zfanzfan CaliforniaMember
    zfan said:

The new photos are just great.. she isn't old enough to warn correct? In one photo I see what could be Zenyatta in background?

Ugh...auto correct...wean I meant!
  • bleubettybleubetty Member
    edited September 2017
    zfan said:

zfan said:

Ugh...auto correct...wean I meant!
    I hope they post a few more pics with Mama Z before she is weaned --- maybe even a short video!
    Too soon to tell, but I hope she is a dark bay like Z and MDO (Songbird, Rachel).
    She sure looks cute and sassy in these pics!
  • Don't see sassy. What does that look like? B) <3
  • No news on Z17 for such a long time....I almost forgot Zeny had a filly this year. LOL.
  • She's a bossy dominant filly
  • edited October 2017
    I know the club foot discussion started over at the Zenyatta News Thread, but since this is about Z17 I thought I'd bring it over here. Anyway, I was just wondering if some improvement can be seen in the photos below. The first photo is the photo that first really highlighted the club foot. The following photos are from last week's post. Not the best light in the photos, but it kind of looks like there has been some improvement. I don't know if it is enough to suggest that by the time she is a two-year there will be enough correction to withstand training and racing.

• VA_in_CAVA_in_CA Member
    edited October 2017
    I don't know much about it, or what it means, but the new pictures, esp. the middle one, look a lot better. There seems to be a better angle for the hoof. Hope this is true. Where did you find the pictures?
  • LionessLioness Member
    edited October 2017
    I think the pictures show progress, though they are taken at different angles and with different cameras. But I think it's also important to take into account how the progress is being achieved. @EliRose mentioned pinning. I'm certainly no expert on these matters, but when you mentioned surgical intervention in the legs while inserting objects, it does not scream soundness or viable racing career (at the level she would be at).
  • I also notice how very light-boned her lower legs are, and that seems worrisome, since I don't think there's any way to fix that.
  • jen_bloom said:

I also notice how very light-boned her lower legs are, and that seems worrisome, since I don't think there's any way to fix that.

Just her entire leg conformation is poor. Spagetti legs.

The club foot HAS improved to a small degree, but as @Lioness pointed out, it was from heavy work. Pins don't necessarily mean the end of a career, but in a filly of her breeding there is no sense in it.
  • WezzieWezzie Member
    edited October 2017
    Just as a point of interest, Easy Goer had a significantly clubbed foot.
    http://www.whitehorseproductions.com/tb_portraits_boys.html

scroll down slightly
  • bigherbiebigherbie Member
    edited October 2017
    Thanks, Wezzie, I didn't know that. Found this after reading above:

"Before his career began, Easy Goer was shipped to McGaughey at the Payson Park Training Center in Indiantown, Florida, where he spent the winter getting acquainted with the starting gate and underwent basic training. His trainer noted some faults in his conformation. He had puffy, problematic ankles, a clubfoot, and a turned-out left knee, all providing the potential for injury once the horse began serious workouts.[31] However, McGaughey was captivated with Easy Goer the first time he saw him, but really felt he had something special when he watched him for the first time with a set of horses. "He gave the impression he could gallop those horses to death," McGaughey said.
  • His foot look a awful but we all know how his story turned out :)
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited November 2017
    How about Zen's Golden Bean? Or Z's Bean?