Weekly Handicapping Contest

Comments

• lizzielizzie Member
    edited July 2017
    Side note: didn't really handicap with PP's today, worked with what i had in front of me.
  • My pics, are still on pedigree, until I feel more comfortable with other approaches. Since Belle Hill scratched, I will change to Beach Flower (and truly that is just a whim because I really don't have time to look in depth, hope that is okay, Jae).
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited July 2017
    Race 7 Arlington: Change to Charming Clare
    Woodbine: White Moon
    Belmont:
  • Belmont Race 4 - #4 City Section - Last 2 races have been good at 8f and 8.5f and has been in the money in 4 of 5 turf races at Belmont.

Arlington Race 7 - #6 Seeking Treasure - Highest speed figure in race at 8.5f. Improved in last 2 races.

Woodbine Race 10 - #8 White Moon - Ran really well in first turf race, so looking for improvement second time on turf.

Belmont Race 11 - #2 Markitoff - Going down in class and a change in jockey.
  • @KMM - I sent you a PM, but I'm not sure if you got it. I need you to list reasons for your picks or they won't count. If you miss Race 4 at Belmont, you can still list reasons for your other picks and I'll count those.
  • tincuptincup Member
    Nice...nice....
    Long week... Long....Long
    Week
    Claimers.....hate claimers.....the hate
    Belmont #4
    Taking the cuty zup # 4
  • tincuptincup Member
    Hehehe and laugh, watch out for the sword...chop chop
    .....Hehehe
    U
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited July 2017
    Race 4, Belmont...Daring Duchess, ssire,trainer, jockey
    Race 7, Arlington: Charming Clare, jockey, trainer, pedigree, owner
    Woodbine: White Moon, jockey, pedigree
    Belmont 11: Battle Ready, pedigree. Joc and trainer are 0K.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Jae, Won't my pic count now with reasons listed?
  • WezzieWezzie Member
    Ha! And thats the reason I am not much of a handicapper!

• Sorry, just got up.
    Arlington 7: America Mon Amie (Roberto up and down, Gone West, jockey)
    Wood 10: Flashys Legacy (Curlin, Nearctic repeated both sides, jock/trainer combo)
    Belmont 11: They Shot Sonny (Giant's Causeway & Gone West, Brown & Castellano)
  • @KMM - Since you originally made your pick before the race left the gate (back on page 4) and posted a reason within 10 minutes of the field leaving the gate, I'm going to make a one-time exception. Please make sure to list a reason for all of your picks in the future.
  • Well sorry everyone, not sure why I'd gotten a scratch notification for Belle Hill. :(
  • WezzieWezzie Member
    She was cross entered. Arlington and Ellis Park.
    sarinne said:

Well sorry everyone, not sure why I'd gotten a scratch notification for Belle Hill. :(

• Wezzie said:

She was cross entered. Arlington and Ellis Park.

sarinne said:

Well sorry everyone, not sure why I'd gotten a scratch notification for Belle Hill. :(

Thanks, @Wezzie -- I'm obviously brain dead today!
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Way to go I Got Silent Ego.....yeah!
  • Belmont: Race 4 -
    Munchkin Money - $3.70
    City Section - $5.60 (KenHamilton1955)
    Desert Duchess / Lillie's Answer - $2.10 (carolinarkansas, KMM, sarinne, jaefeathered)

Arlington: Race 7 -
    Daddy's Boo - $3.40 (jaefeathered)
    Stormin Elle - $5.60
    Belle Hill - $4.60 (bigherbie, lizzie)

Woodbine: Race 10 -
    I Got Silent Ego - $6.40 (carolinarkansas)
    Court Reporter - $2.50
    White Moon - $3.30 (sarinne, jaefeathered, KMM, KenHamilton1955)

Belmont: Race 11 -
    California Swing - $4.10 (carolinarkansas)
    Harlan's Hunch - $4.70 (sarinne, lizzie)
    Wingman - $3.30

--------------------

Winners:
    1 - carolinarkansas - $12.60
    2 - sarinne - $10.10
    3 - lizzie - $9.30

KenHamilton1955 - $8.90
    jaefeathered - $8.80
    KMM - $5.40
    bigherbie - $4.60
    Wezzie - $0.00

--------------------

Congratulations to the winners! Carol, you get to pick the theme for next week (again, can be a type of bet and/or a type of race) and one of the races that suits the theme. Sarinne and Lizzie will choose one race each that suits the theme.

On the off chance that you would like to do a Pick 4 (or other horizontal wager) of some kind (whether now or at any time), Carol would pick the type of bet (Pick 4, Pick 3, etc.), Sarinne would choose the track, and Lizzie would decide if we go with the early or late version. Again, you may choose these later in the week once the race schedules have been released.

If you guys have any questions about this, just shoot me a message. Please also feel free to double check my math.
  • WezzieWezzie Member
    Killed that didn't I?! :s
  • bigherbiebigherbie Member
    edited July 2017
    Wezzie said:

Well, Wezzie, you carried me on your back!!! B) I don't think I'm a handicapper and will just bow out ... <3
  • KMMKMM Member
    I thought Belle Hill was scratched. Oh well. K
  • There's always next time! We're all here to get better, so don't worry about it too much haha. Thankfully it's not real money. =)
  • KMM said:

I thought Belle Hill was scratched. Oh well. K

Gotta check for yourself ....
  • KMMKMM Member
    I don't mean to be critical, but the people who first chose Belle Hill should be given credit
    Misinformation, but nobody's fault. I think if it was an official betting pool, we might have been given credit. Don't know.
  • WezzieWezzie Member
    No you don't! We are going to figure this out together! Develop a strategy. Maybe 'win' a buck!
    bigherbie said:

Wezzie said:

Well, Wezzie, you carried me on your back!!! B) I don't think I'm a handicapper and will just bow out ... <3 </p>