Trainers Art and Steve Sherman

Art has had three winners from 42 starts this year. I sure hope Faversham has enough talent to help Art see the Winner's Circle a bit more.

Art Sherman trainee who worked out today:

Oldbelbottoms (3-Year-Old Colt)

Date: July 8, 2017
Track: LOS ALAMITOS
Distance: Six Furlongs
Time: 1.15:60 Handily
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt

Comments

• KaseyKasey Member
    As lovable as these guys are...it seems that they have had a bit of bad luck. I must say that Martin has been nothing if not a loyal owner. The relationship seems like a good one. Thinking the Derby jinx is not a problem for the owner.
  • Art Sherman trainee, making his debut, entered at Los Alamitos on Sunday July 16, 2017:

Oldbelbottoms
    Race: 6 - 4:28 PM
    MAIDEN CLAIMING $20,000
    Purse: $ 17,000. For Maidens, Three Years Old And Upward. Three Year Olds, 120 Lbs.; Older, 124 Lbs. Claiming Price $20,000. Five Furlongs.
  • Klimt

Klimt will race under a new trainer for the first time in his 3-year-old debut. The colt was moved to trainer Art Sherman after the split between Shah and his previous trainer, Bob Baffert. Along with the Futurity, Klimt won the Best Pal (G2) at Del Mar in 2016. Once the races got to two turns, however, the colt ran second in the FrontRunner (G1) and eighth in the Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Juvenile (G1), both at Santa Anita Park.

Sherman considered sending Klimt to the Iowa Derby (G3), which was won by Hence July 7, but complications in the shipping plan made the decision to stay home an easy one.

"At this meet it helps to train here," Sherman said of the two-week summer meet at Los Alamitos. "We were going to go to the Iowa race, but we would have had to (fly to Kentucky) and then van him six, seven hours. That's a lot to ask of a horse that hasn't run in a year. It was to our benefit to run here."

• KMMKMM Member
    I hope that Art can score with Klimpt! Bet on him this weekend in thread. B)