Sketchy Rescue Skeptics

New thread for rescues we have questions about.

Comments

• ButtersButters Member
    Thank you Louise, this is gonna be a good one and lots of exposure I'm sure.
  • Thank you, @louisecastello. I think this will help. Hope so.
  • Me too! :)
  • @louisecastello when you mean sketchy rescues are you talking about TB rescues or all horse rescues we think might be sketchy?
  • EliRoseEliRose Member

@louisecastello when you mean sketchy rescues are you talking about TB rescues or all horse rescues we think might be sketchy?

This is a spin-off of the Worthy Horse Rescue thread. I recommend checking out that to get the details :)
  • WezzieWezzie Member
    Any rescue you think might be sketchy would fit here.

@louisecastello when you mean sketchy rescues are you talking about TB rescues or all horse rescues we think might be sketchy?

• Top of the List --- HiCaliber Horse Rescue. Oh, Brother, I can't tell you how good it makes me feel to finally say that, I've followed the Worthy Horse Rescues thread for months and have been totally disgusted.
  • sarinnesarinne Member
    bleubetty said:

Top of the List --- HiCaliber Horse Rescue. Oh, Brother, I can't tell you how good it makes me feel to finally say that, I've followed the Worthy Horse Rescues thread for months and have been totally disgusted.

Same, bleubetty!
  • EliRoseEliRose Member

Oooooh this clip sums up what myself and others have been saying for a while. It is definitely not horses first, it is drama first.
  • @louisecastello when you mean sketchy rescues are you talking about TB rescues or all horse rescues we think might be sketchy?

Yes!

• edited July 30
    So we'll start off with the latest Shedrow blog in which we learn more about Stilly who supposedly just collapsed and died AND another horse, Lyra, who disappeared and is dead. Keep in mind we are always told their horses don't disappear. They do.

https://shedrowconfessions.wordpress.com/

RIP Stilly and Lyra
  • edited August 1
    It's funny how they grieve at HC for horses like Stilly, but, oops, forgot to mention or grieve for Thomas. They announced today in response to a question about him that he was euthanized too because he was old and could hardly stand up and was sweating. Keep in mind he was killed the same day Stilly supposedly dropped dead. No grief for Thomas.

On his intake video he certainly didn't appear to have a neurological problem. This is how their horses disappear. No one asks about them! Come on villagers, ask about all the horses you saved during tear-filled, dramatic auctions. They collected almost $1200 for Thomas btw.

So, they are back at auction and Romney is playing the grief card again. Here come more horses they can't take care of.
  • Actually they did have a big post about Thomas a day or so before he was euthanized announcing that it was likely because of the neuro issues. They still hoped he might last a few weeks in a One Last Good Home Adoption, but evidently the neuro issues were too severe. They expressed the sadness then. The neuro issues are probably why he was dumped at auction in the first place.
  • Yes, I know they had a post before he died. He still could have been grieved for with Stilly. They were silent until asked. There's no proof he had neurological issues except their word which I don't believe.
  • EliRoseEliRose Member
    They called him neuro before a vet called him neuro.

The horse was apparently really sweat with a high heart rate. Wow, maybe try and cool him down? It's really hot. And maybe call that vet, because the "diagnostics" that were done were only by Michelle. Pulling on the tail is really not a good diagnostic technique.

He was outside in the heat with his deep dark coat. Horses get hot and sweaty in the heat, and a lot of times they get really panicky (thus a very fast heart rate) over it. Bring him inside and use some fans.
  • Have you communicated all your suggestions to the veterinarian on scene? I'm sure he would appreciate all that information. Apparently he doesn't know all that, and didn't notice it was warm.
  • VA Have you ever asked for vet reports or un-photoshopped receipts?

If you read recently Dr. Moss said he was not planning anymore euthanizations there so I doubt he knows anything about Thomas.

Did you prefer we not start a new thread? We did it for you.
  • EliRoseEliRose Member
    edited August 2
    The vet WASN'T on scene, that's the whole goddamn point.

Let's recap:

"They called him neuro before a vet called him neuro.

The horse was apparently really sweat with a high heart rate. Wow, maybe try and cool him down? It's really hot. And maybe call that vet, because the "diagnostics" that were done were only by Michelle. Pulling on the tail is really not a good diagnostic technique.

He was outside in the heat with his deep dark coat. Horses get hot and sweaty in the heat, and a lot of times they get really panicky (thus a very fast heart rate) over it. Bring him inside and use some fans."
  • Yes, the new thread is fine, but am I banned from it. I didn't think I was. Anyway, here is the intake video of Thomas where you can clearly see he has lameness issues in his hind end. They spent $500 to save him from the flipper who bought him. Apparently he has been through the flippers there and is a dancing horse and that is what he has been trained for by that network. That is a hell of a lot of money to spend just to put a horse to sleep. Obviously they wanted to save him for himself and it is disappointing that he is so much in pain, which you can see by the way he walks. It is of course sad when it doesn't work out. Dr. Moss is not their only vet.

I don't plan to spend time defending HiCaliber, but think it's okay to point out the outright lies.
  • EliRoseEliRose Member
    Tell me, please, why you think he saw a vet and why you think a horse deserves a bullet for the auducity of being off?

Wtf happened to those "responsible rescue" funds, that are SPECIFICALLY for vet care??? You know what VA, you could ask. I'm sure you won't get an answer.
  • Of course you're not banned from it. We thought we were upsetting you, so made a new thread so you wouldn't feel the need to respond to each post. But, if you do want to respond, feel free. We thought we were making it less stressful for you.

HC wrote the book on outright lies.
  • EliRoseEliRose Member

Of course you're not banned from it. We thought we were upsetting you, so made a new thread so you wouldn't feel the need to respond to each post. But, if you do want to respond, feel free. We thought we were making it less stressful for you.

HC wrote the book on outright lies.

I was under the impression she didn't want to hear anymore about how bad HC is . . .

Maybe you should look into the matter before saying that we're lying, VA. Do some of your own research.
  • ZenyenZenyen Member
    Let's take a look at this video.

https://youtu.be/MjbaFNCAfwU

I see a horse who is stiff in the back end. Ears up, head up, eyes calm and inquisitive, coat bright and shiny, good weight. I see no sweat on the shoulders or flanks, no excessive tail twitching or resistance to being asked to walk along, respiration is normal.

There is nothing in that horse's profile that suggests he is in need of immediate euthanasia due to being in unbearable pain. Does he need EXPENSIVE diagnostics to determine why he is stiff in the back end? Probably.

Show me a vet report identifying he is a terminal case, in need of immediate euthanasia and the invoice for his diagnostics and we'll talk. Otherwise? HCHR is full of ***** took the $1200, put a $2.00 bullet in this poor horse and went to Vegas.
  • I have done. I don't really want to respond to every post here, just thought I'd check in to hear your (plural) take on auction day and saw the incorrect posts on Thomas.
  • EliRoseEliRose Member
    edited August 2
    Incorrect, sure. Please actually refute and bring some evidence outside of your own opinion. Michelle wanted to shoot him so she did.