Naming 2017 Z

KMMKMM Member
New thread for naming our new girl

Comments

• KMMKMM Member
    edited August 12
    I thought about Golden Street or Golden Streets, but the lyrics to both of those songs are too heavy lifting for our little girl. Actually one title maybe Streets of Gold.
    Maybe Golden Aura? It has some really cool connotations in Hindu belief. Energy, Spirit, compassion, etc.
    One definition has it as the color of enlightenment and divine protection. I think that I am good to go on this one. B)
  • I'd be surprised if her registered name doesn't have a "Z" in it somewhere
  • I like Zora. Taken from d'Oro and Z -> Zoro, turned feminine. It's simple. Plus I like Zelda ;) haha
  • zfanzfan Member
    I like Ezpressa d'ora
  • It doesn't contain the required Z, so it won't be chosen, but I still really like the sound of Mondatta d'Oro.
  • Monzatta d'Oro. Maybe???
    jen_bloom said:

It doesn't contain the required Z, so it won't be chosen, but I still really like the sound of Mondatta d'Oro.

• jen_bloomjen_bloom Member
    edited August 12

Monzatta d'Oro. Maybe???

jen_bloom said:

It doesn't contain the required Z, so it won't be chosen, but I still really like the sound of Mondatta d'Oro.

Oh, I hope not. That would feel like a name based on a typo. (Zenyatta's name comes from the album, Zenyatta Mondatta.)
  • edited August 12
    I know how Zeny got her name. :)

I'm not advocating Monzatta d'Oro, I was just trying to figure out how to fit in a Z. I would never vote for that name, but since 99.9% of the horse racing world knows the significance of the letter Z when it comes to Zenyatta, I doubt anyone would think it was a typo, but would totally get why the z was there. Cozmic....we get it, it is not a typo, Ziconic....we get that it's a play on Iconic, Monzatta......cheesy maybe, but most would get it as a play on Mondatta with a nod to Zeny's "Z".
    jen_bloom said:

Monzatta d'Oro. Maybe???

jen_bloom said:

Oh, I hope not. That would feel like a name based on a typo. (Zenyatta's name comes from the album, Zenyatta Mondatta.)
  • That's very true. I'm so used to those names now but they did have that same feel at the start to me. I still hope they don't go with Monzatta, but maybe it would feel better after I got used to it.

• Sting's song 'Fields of Gold'. Beautiful song for beautiful girl.
  • zfanzfan Member
    jen_bloom said:

Actually it does contain the "z". Could even go an extra step and say Ezprezza Or Esprezza
  • jen_bloomjen_bloom Member
    edited August 12
    zfan said:

jen_bloom said:

Actually it does contain the "z". Could even go an extra step and say Ezprezza Or Esprezza
    I was talking about Mondatta d'Oro.

Ezpressa d'Ora is good--it has a play on her sire's name and the requisite Z.
  • Fieldz of Gold
  • zfanzfan Member
    jen_bloom said:

zfan said:

jen_bloom said:

I was talking about Mondatta d'Oro.

Ezpressa d'Ora is good--it has a play on her sire's name and the requisite Z.
    Sorry, misunderstood. There are so many good ideas!
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited August 12
    Z's Golden Aura
    Z's Yellow brick Road (Megdalia d'Oro ( gold) Street Cry (Road)

• Z's Yellow Brick Road has twenty-one characters, and the Jockey Club has a limit of eighteen. Zsyellowbrickroad has seventeen characters and would work.
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited August 12
    Ok. Spaces and punctuation count?
  • KMM said:

Ok. Spaces and punctuation count?

Yes, they do. They count as a "character."
  • Queen of Z Gold
  • "Zolotoy" is the Russian word for gold
  • CNielzCNielz Member
    Zensation
  • CNielzCNielz Member
    A place they grow coffee is a Fazenda.
  • CNielz said:

Oh, I like that!
  • CNielz said:

I love it!!!
  • sarinne said:

CNielz said:

I love it!!!
    I love it, too! I really want her to shed out to a coffee bean shade. Fazenda has the required "Z" and I have never heard that word before --- learn something new all the time on this site!