Naming 2017 Z

15678911»

Comments

• Never having seen the Musical I had to look her up. Very sad indeed.

VA_in_CA said:

Griselda is the name of the sad abandoned cat who sings "Memories" in CATS before she departs for the afterworld. Would not be appropriate for a happy filly who will hopefully always be blessed to live all her "days in the sun."

Actually it was Grizabella the Glamour cat.
  • I guess gaming fans will like Zellda. For me it conjures up the parody by Allan Shermann "My Zelda." Oy vey!
  • VA_in_CA said:

Griselda is the name of the sad abandoned cat who sings "Memories" in CATS before she departs for the afterworld. Would not be appropriate for a happy filly who will hopefully always be blessed to live all her "days in the sun."

Actually it was Grizabella the Glamour cat.
    In the version I saw on stage in L.A., it was Griselda. Oh well.
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited February 2019
    VA, you're thinking of " Griselda the Cat, once called Maxwell" by Judith Schlect (sp.). It is a children's book. The character Grizabella is not in T.S. Elliot's "Old Possum's Book All Version's of Cats. She was thought to be too "sad." She is in the stage play. Cat's info from Wiki.)
  • Zelda is also the wife of F. Scott Fitzgerald.
  • QueenZFan22QueenZFan22 Member
    edited February 2019
    Zellda at Mayberry Farm FL Feb 2019:
    Zellda at Mayberry Farm FL Feb 2019:
    Guess there won't be an official blog post announcing her name.
  • She needs to grow some more. B)
  • She was never really that big of a filly to begin with. Glad to see some video of her again.
  • KMM said:

VA, you're thinking of " Griselda the Cat, once called Maxwell" by Judith Schlect (sp.). It is a children's book. The character Grizabella is not in T.S. Elliot's "Old Possum's Book All Version's of Cats. She was thought to be too "sad." She is in the stage play. Cat's info from Wiki.)

W

well, I never read that children's book, so I don't know where I got the name and guess it doessn't really matter. I just know Griz us the root of grizzled and grisly and means grey and skaggy, I think. Not a big deal.

Those of you in the know: Does her foot look better?

Excuse typos or mistakes. I just had cataract surgery on Wednesday and I can't see close up at all--just a big blur and the doc says it will be about 2 weeks before the swelling goes down so I can see again. Had both eyes done and my dominant eye is the worst now. Kind of scary. Also boring.
  • I wish you well on your recovery :heart: