Zen's Golden Aura
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited August 2017
    Very trendy; Zen's Eclipse of the Sun ❤️
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    AmaZen
  • kathleen95634kathleen95634 Member
    edited August 2017
    Zenyatta was named for the Police album Zenyatta Mondatta. Sting was a member of the Police. Giacomo was named after Sting's son. Sting has a song named Fields of Gold. Still like the name Fieldz of Gold.
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited August 2017
    Zen's que sera, sera
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited August 2017
    Z's Infinity, Zenfinity
  • Dorato Canzone
  • I like Zenfinity a lot!
  • KMMKMM Member
    Thanks Sarinne, it is feminine and fits well with boy's naming conventions.
  • KMM said:

Thanks Sarinne, it is feminine and fits well with boy's naming conventions.

It truly does! :)
  • JulkyJulky Member
    edited August 2017
    Ok, I dont usually post much in the forum, but I have to say something about this one. I am BRAZILIAN. I was born in Sao Paulo and lived there until I was 19 years old. I don't know of any Brazilian that automatically associates the word FAZENDA with slavery. That is the word we use for country house or farm - all the time. It is not the same as Plantation. To say that that word is bad, is completely unrealistic and uncalled for. It creates division and separation where there shouldn't be.
  • Julky said:

Ok, I dont usually post much in the forum, but I have to say something about this one. I am BRAZILIAN. I was born in Sao Paulo and lived there until I was 19 years old. I don't know of any Brazilian that automatically associates the word FAZENDA with slavery. That is the word we use for country house or farm - all the time. It is not the same as Plantation. To say that that word is bad, is completely unrealistic and uncalled for. It creates division and separation where there shouldn't be.

Good because I love it!

• Actually the word for plantation is senzala, not fazenda. Senzala is the word that we don't use anymore due to it's bad connotation.
  • Do you think Fazenda would get thrown out of consideration because there is a previous G1W with that name? It would be a shame, because I love it too!!! Thanks for chiming in @Julky !
  • sarinne said:

I like Zenfinity a lot!

My second fave so far!
  • sarinne said:

Do you think Fazenda would get thrown out of consideration because there is a previous G1W with that name? It would be a shame, because I love it too!!! Thanks for chiming in @Julky !

It would probably be Ann's decision if it were to be thrown out of consideration. It is not retired, reserved, or in use by the Jockey Club at this time, so it is available for use.
  • I'm suggesting "Chozen" because after all this time, I'm hoping she's the one.
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited August 2017
    Sounds like a SyFy (sp.) name.
  • In terms of the Jockey Club not approving, it's a possibility it would be disapproved because of the previously named horse being a Grade 1 winner. In terms of it even being considered by either Jerry or Ann, it's hard to imagine since they have their own unique way of coming up with names.
    sarinne said:

Do you think Fazenda would get thrown out of consideration because there is a previous G1W with that name? It would be a shame, because I love it too!!! Thanks for chiming in @Julky !

• @Julky, thank you for this information. I'm glad to hear it, because I really like the name Fazenda (although I doubt it will be the name they end up using) and because I like to learn new things. I had never heard the word "fazenda" before, but I noticed it was a very commonly used word in restaurant names, so I'm glad it does not have the connotation that some on here thought it had.
  • Has anyone noticed the name Z Princess was a name registered with the jockey club in 2014?
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited August 2017
    Jen_bloom, you may not have noticed, but I made the Fanzenda reference in terms of restaurant names in Portugal in terms of a much earlier post I made when I was discussing the underlying nomenclature for this, saying it is used today. Were you referencing my earlier post?
  • No, KMM, I was referencing my google search. When I tried to find more information about the word, one of the main things that came up was lots and lots of restaurants, mainly in the UK. It sounds like it actually might be a chain in the UK, or else just a popular name.
  • LionessLioness Member
    edited August 2017
    All you have to do is Google the word and go to the Wikipedia page titled "fazenda" (usually the first thing that will pop up) to see what @KMM is talking about. I personally don't care for the name simply because it sounds like it should be a name of an evil witch in Oz for some reason. That's all I can think of when I hear it haha
  • CNielz said:

Has anyone noticed the name Z Princess was a name registered with the jockey club in 2014?

That's because Z Princess was the name of Zenyatta's 2014 War Front filly.