Cozmic One Is RETIRED!

Looks like Coz has officially RETIRED!

Comments

• FYI :
    For all our fellow Zenyatta lovers out there..the competition just stepped up the game and we are looking forward to seeing everyone progress, whether you have TFH horses or not!!!

Isabela de Sousa‎RRP Thoroughbred Makeover Trainers
    7 mins ·

de Sousa Stables and Team Zenyatta are very excited to announce our 2018 Retired Racehorse Project hopeful! Meet Cozmic One whose by Bernardini and out of Zenyatta! Can't wait to start working with him and see where we go!!
    image.png 674.6K
  • WezzieWezzie Member
    edited December 2017
    Great news! And look at the soft eye in this picture...may be just his thing!
  • zfanzfan CaliforniaMember
    I am crying with happiness reading this fantastic news!!
    Good luck Coz!!! I love you!
  • Yay!
  • All the best to Coz and the people working with him!
  • And she is a Junior! Wow, quite the young horsewoman.
  • Good news all around.
  • Good news! He looks huge compared to her.
  • Fantastic news!!! What a great ambassador for retraining he could be!
  • Still no news about his retirement from Blood Horse, Paulick Report, DRF or the Mosses but I will post about it as soon as i see it.
  • Also for those of you wondering he HAS been gelded.
  • Also for those of you wondering he HAS been gelded.

Praise the wisdom of that choice!! Now, time to relax for a few months and then learn something new and fun for the next phase of your life, CoZ.
  • Awesome! Looks like she's primarily a show jumper? I'm not that familiar with these makeovers, though I have obviously heard of them before. Mosses still own, but she trains for the year to enter him in a RRP competition?
  • She has nice hands and a nice seat. Gentle.
  • Lioness said:

Awesome! Looks like she's primarily a show jumper? I'm not that familiar with these makeovers, though I have obviously heard of them before. Mosses still own, but she trains for the year to enter him in a RRP competition?

@Lioness That's still not known. i would assume the Mosses still own at least some of him though.
  • Website for de Sousa stables, her dad's enterprise.

https://www.desousastablesllc.com
  • When I was watching the Thoroughbred Make-Over finals held at the Kentucky Horse park, it seemed that a lot of the horses being shown were also for sale.

So it seems to be that these trainers take on a project, if the horse takes to it they compete through the season to earn points to the finals and then show at the finals. That is sort of showing the horse as a "graduate" ready to go further with a new owner, so the trainer can then start back with a new horse.

If that is the case, then I imagine Ms. Sousa will work at CoZ's retraining on behalf of the Mosses, with an eye towards getting him partnerned up with either a young Amature Owner or even a top show jump rider (if he shows talent for it). Then the question of ownership comes into play.

Some top riders don't own their horses, especially if they have a string of top prospects, some top riders insist on owning their horse. It will all depend upon how CoZ does in his re-training and what discipline he is suited for.
  • Glad to hear it but was wondering how you heard?

Also for those of you wondering he HAS been gelded.

• Gotcha, thanks @QueenZFan22 and @Zenyen! Do you think it's rather safe to assume he's been gelded at this point?
  • Wezzie said:

Glad to hear it but was wondering how you heard?

Also for those of you wondering he HAS been gelded.

Whoops, missed this point when I asked my question!
  • Lioness said:

Gotcha, thanks @QueenZFan22 and @Zenyen! Do you think it's rather safe to assume he's been gelded at this point?

@Lioness Yes i posted earlier that he has been gelded.
  • how did you find out?
  • Oh wow!! This is wonderful, wonderful news. Boy, he is a beautiful horse!
  • Nevermind @QueenZFan22 ! I found it on the De SousA stables Facebook page

Diana Carreon Will he be gelded?

Isabela de Sousa He is gelded!

Diana Carreon Best of luck with him.

https://www.facebook.com/desousastablesllc/