Cozmic One - Hunter/Jumper Career

Comments

• I do lower level dressage and the same for eventing. I don't know if Coz's mind is that versatile or bending.
  • I will say that the new softness in his eye and the fact a 17 girl (albeit a very experienced horsewoman) is holding him with only a chain over his nose, gives me hope his entire personality has been removed by a skilled veterinarian and replaced with a kinder gentler Coz!!
  • Wezzie said:

I will say that the new softness in his eye and the fact a 17 girl (albeit a very experienced horsewoman) is holding him with only a chain over his nose, gives me hope his entire personality has been removed by a skilled veterinarian and replaced with a kinder gentler Coz!!

That picture says so much. Coz (in my opinion-and I know it counts for very little) likes women. Add that to brain surgery and I am very hopeful for a happy future for him.

• And I keep thinking dressage
    Coz has shown some very nice foot work
    We will find out over the next few months.
  • Here is a video of her 2016 performance.

• De Sousa Stables

We are overwhelmed and very grateful for the outpouring of well wishes and support from all of Cozmic One’s fans. We are very excited to start his training and hopefully we will make it to the makeover with him.

Some of you have been asking about how to participate in or contribute to the Retired Racehorse Project .We encourage everyone to visit their website and find out how to become involved as a member, sponsor, or volunteer etc..

You can always comment that you are participating in support of Cozmic One. There are many other amazing racehorses that have participated in the past, and will in the future and if you look up the competitors list from previous Makeovers, you will recognize some of them. We encourage everyone to support this process and the RRP not just for Coz but all thoroughbreds. We are excited about our journey this year and hope you will stay tuned for updates!

Thank you!
  • A bolt to the heart.
    The above comment
    To the core...a sword
    I shall fall away, down a lonely hill path, find a couple of rocks to kick...
  • edited December 2017
    Is this a pleasure to see or what? Coz turned out.

https://www.facebook.com/desousastablesllc/videos/878057999041582/

Coz 1.JPG 37.6K
    Coz 2.JPG 53K
    Coz 3.JPG 44.1K
    Coz 4.JPG 48.8K
  • He already looks like a happier horse.
  • He looks like a horse.
    Lean meat
    Enough to fill a stomach, but not enough to bring life sustaining nutrition.
    A little bear fat would help.
    Onions too.
  • Merry Christmas, Coz! What a wonderful gift you got this year. :love:
  • These pictures are a wonderful Christmas present.
  • Tincup, if you are kicking rocks down a hill, did you want him to remain a stallion? I think you did; you painted a scenario where in he would prove himself with a small book of mares to start with.
  • It's so great to see Coz so relaxed looking. He does look happier that I've ever seen him before. What a great Christmas present he's gotten this year !! Congratulations Coz . ;)
  • ZenyenZenyen Member
    edited January 2018
    https://www.facebook.com/desousastablesllc/?hc_ref=ARTfvFm9r5tmIi0VCgxnNF_Lg_M7v2vF9dqdF8D0heF_1_cxVUZD5EkNRRyeMCBou_Q&fref=nf

CoZ is turned out with a buddy!

"Cozmic One and his new friend Isle of Giants! Isle of Giants is another OTTB we have as a sport horse, and he is the horse that babysat for all three of our makeover winners!"

Also there is this comment from Isabela De Sousa in the comment section:

"Isabela de Sousa Vicki Varney-Boy he is going to be in training for show hunter/ show jumping! I am not an eventer!"
  • KMMKMM Member
    Isle of Giants has a pretty nice pedigree. B)
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited January 2018
    I think that better fits him. Eventers have to have a variety of talents, are challenged more, and have to be honest horses. Show Hunter/ showjumping is an easier path for Coz, IMO.
  • He may be able to branch out as his training progresses. First he needs to learn his job. His last works had been pretty slow, I wonder just how much this move was in the plans and he was being let down and doing more work to prepare for this career change. He was showing enough timed works to be able to stay at the track until time to go.
  • edited January 2018
    Coz under saddle at De Sousa Stables.

Short clip of our nice little walk!
    https://www.facebook.com/desousastablesllc/videos/895924063921642/
  • We couldn't resist!! We had our first ride of the year and he was great!

• zfanzfan CaliforniaMember
    Handsome
  • Oh boy, he is gorgeous! Good Coz.
  • And the Boxer is having fun too.
  • :love: :love: :love: Oh, to ride him myself!
  • Coz is just beautiful and looking very majestic!