Cozmic One - Hunter/Jumper Career

Comments

• Gosh hes handsome! He looks so happy - maybe the type of horse that loves having "a person"
  • Think perhaps Coz needs a woman to be "his person."
  • shirlee said:

Think perhaps Coz needs a woman to be "his person."

This photo seems to back up your hunch.

From De Sousa Stables: Such a Good Boy

• shirlee said:

I love that photo, so much love. But what exactly is he standing on in that corner?
  • Coz wearing Fenwick. Fenwick Equestrian is supporting Coz in his career transition.

• zfanzfan CaliforniaMember
    He is getting so much loving attention, I wonder what is going on in that brain of his....must be alot of serenity with a dash of WOW!
  • Yep
    Lots of wow
    Like wow...why am I wearing a dress
    Like wow...what the hell, are we making cookies
    Like wow...if you'd all just given me a trainer I coulda been a champ
    Now I'm just a dress up toy
  • Sorry tincup, he's retired from racing. Get over it. He's very clearly much happier in this career. Happier than he would have ever been as a cheap stud breeding three mares a year in Oklahoma. All of the "could have beens" in the world isn't going to change that. Plenty of impeccably bred horses, far better than him, have gone on to be retrained. He doesn't care that he never won a race, he's just damn happy to be away from the track. Be happy that the horse is happy or don't watch.
  • KMMKMM Member
    <3 <3 Elirose.
  • edited January 2018
    KMM said:

<3 <3 Elirose.</p>

I agree wholeheartedly. Sometimes I wish we had a Like button.

That's a dress? I could have sworn it was a horse blanket being worn by a horse who came from Southern California, who didn't have a chance to grow a winter coat, and who needs a blanket because it's been in single digits around here. Silly me. I guess I know less about horses than I thought.
  • I wondered about that too. Seems like an awkward step, up to a little corner. BTW...he doesn't seem to be the same horse that likes to nip. I least not with the ladies.
    Lioness said:

shirlee said:

I love that photo, so much love. But what exactly is he standing on in that corner?
  • KMM said:

<3 <3 Elirose.</p>

I agree wholeheartedly. Sometimes I wish we had a Like button.

That's a dress? I could have sworn it was a horse blanket being worn by a horse who came from Southern California, who didn't have a chance to grow a winter coat, and who needs a blanket because it's been in single digits around here. Silly me. I guess I know less about horses than I thought.
    That was what I thought, too. Amen, you guys.

Tincup, I hope you aren't one of those men who like to put down young women and their activities. Like you, I was disappointed because I thought he had the physical ability to be a great racehorse. But he just didn't like it. He didn't like the atmosphere of the racetrack. He didn't feel the competitive fire to get to the front of the pack and stay there. I know some people blame his trainer, but I think it was Shirreffs' hard and patient work that got him to the point where he would at least cooperate in the venture even though it wasn't his thing. I think he was anxious and miserable at the track, and I'm glad he's going to get a chance to find out what his calling is.

There's no reason flat racing is any better occupation for a horse than stadium jumping, polo, eventing, etc. And there are few greater pleasures in life than a horse who is an eager participant doing something it loves to do.

• From De Sousa Stables: Such a Good Boy

TheraPlate

TheraPlate uses small, circular movements to stimulate muscle contraction and increase circulation. Works from the inside out to yield powerful results with no negative impact to the joints. This dynamic movement is exclusive to TheraPlate and is much more advanced than standard vibration therapy. Two mobile plates measure 7'L x 3'W for easy transport and set up at shows or barns. Each plate weighs 80 lbs. Regular use prevents injury, increases bone density and speeds recovery.

• KMMKMM Member
    Thanks bigherbie! Cool!
  • Awesome, thanks @bigherbie!
  • @bigherbie: Thanks for the info on TheraPlate. I had no idea about such a nify portable therapeutic tool.

I wondered about that too. Seems like an awkward step, up to a little corner. BTW...he doesn't seem to be the same horse that likes to nip. I least not with the ladies.

Lioness said:

shirlee said:

• A similar (but obviously smaller) product has been used in Europe for some time for humans. It is now available in the US. And I would love to try it and see if it helps my decreasing mobility. But the company selling it has a really bad reputation and I hesitate to risk that amount of money.
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited January 2018
    They are used at race tracks as well. There was a photo I remember seeing of Get Stormy with just his front legs on it if I remember correctly.

In fact, here is Wise Dan on one

https://d3jjg4nf4bbybe.cloudfront.net/u/22613/82a60fb93649d7a6cddd8895cff460c0894b6a96/photo/wise-dan-on-theraplate.jpg
  • It's fabulous to see Coz this way! I see a real softness in his eye now. If I start having a 'down' day, I'll just come here and see how Coz is doing in his new life. Coz is blessed to be free of the track and have a chance to learn something more suitable for him. We are blessed to be able to get updates and see how he is doing.
  • I'm so glad that Coz looks so much happier ! He seems like he's adjusted well and I couldn't be more elated that he has a new career . Good Luck to all.
  • Really interesting about the TheraPlate. I wonder if that would be useful in working with horses lamed by arthritis and so forth. I daresay it's very expensive.
  • https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=897767163737332&id=690345897812794

Is this really the same horse? He must think he died and went to heaven.
  • https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=897767163737332&id=690345897812794

Is this really the same horse? He must think he died and went to heaven.

Amazing what, regular turn out and a life away from the track can do for a horse who was never mentally suited for the track.

"Brain surgery" helps also. ;)
  • EliRose said:

Sorry tincup, he's retired from racing. Get over it. He's very clearly much happier in this career. Happier than he would have ever been as a cheap stud breeding three mares a year in Oklahoma. All of the "could have beens" in the world isn't going to change that. Plenty of impeccably bred horses, far better than him, have gone on to be retrained. He doesn't care that he never won a race, he's just damn happy to be away from the track. Be happy that the horse is happy or don't watch.

The state of fired me up, and I remember this little rebut.
    So sassy
    ...or don't watch.
    Careful la chica Linda
    You've been a little rough lately.
  • EliRoseEliRose Member
    edited January 2018
    You can think whatever you want about me. I've hardly spoken to you recently, I sure don't have to be careful because you want me to. You like attitude except when it's directed at you.
    You said a ridiculously spiteful thing, which you're obviously allowed, but I'm also well within my rights to call it what is. Sorry that you didn't get your wish for Coz to be a two-bit stallion.

As an aside that's really back on topic, Coz looks like he feels fantastic.