Cozmic One - Hunter/Jumper Career

Comments

• KMMKMM Member
    edited March 2018
    I think we should take it for what it is worth; at least I am. He is a green horse that seems to be trying, and honestly. You can't ask for more in this early stage of his training.
  • KetaKeta Member
    edited March 2018
    Cozmic One cross-country video

Keta Note: There are several videos posted earlier.
    So, if this is a duplicate, sorry. Thought it worth sharing.
  • Literally brought me to tears. He looks so good and relaxed and happy. He's a natural. Now I have to bug my daughter to get her OTTB back into training so we can all go see our boy and Coz eventing!
  • Literally brought me to tears. He looks so good and relaxed and happy. He's a natural. Now I have to bug my daughter to get her OTTB back into training so we can all go see our boy and Coz eventing!

He's not being pointed towards eventing, he's being re-trained as a hunter/jumper.

The afternoon "out" was a treat for him.

Jody Freeman So I am not up to date, they took Coz off the race track and training for 3 phase or combine training?
    Manage
    LikeShow more reactions · Reply · 1d
    Isabela de Sousa
    Isabela de Sousa He's in training to be a hunter jumper, we just like to get them out and about!
  • I am thrilled he has landed with Isabela...Coz must think he's in heaven these days.
  • Wezzie said:
    WHAT a beautiful place. I wouldn't mind living there. And Coz looks goooood.
  • DeSousa Stable has a video of Coz's 6th birthday party.
  • If you have Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/desousastablesllc/videos/918077948372920/

bigherbie said:

DeSousa Stable has a video of Coz's 6th birthday party.

• If you have Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/desousastablesllc/videos/918077948372920/

bigherbie said:

Thank you, Especially_Horses, I tried to copy it but, obviously, unsuccessful. I need a tutorial regarding copying from other sites besides YouTube! ;)
  • I can't get enough of seeing what appears to be a very happy horse.
    bigherbie said:

If you have Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/desousastablesllc/videos/918077948372920/

bigherbie said:

Thank you, Especially_Horses, I tried to copy it but, obviously, unsuccessful. I need a tutorial regarding copying from other sites besides YouTube! ;)
  • I am also really enjoying the dry wit of the gentleman who narrates these videos, who I believe is Isabela's father?
  • Can you imagine the Coz of a couple of years ago putting up with a birthday hat? He is much better adjusted these days.
  • Can you imagine the Coz of a couple of years ago putting up with a birthday hat? He is much better adjusted these days.

LOL my very first thought when I watched the Video. So happy for Cozmic One and all his families now helping him enjoy a new life and a new career.
  • zfanzfan CaliforniaMember
    Just cannot get enough of watching Coz and his new situation, makes my day ❤️
  • zfan said:

Just cannot get enough of watching Coz and his new situation, makes my day ❤️

Me, too. He's a completely different horse from the one we saw in training for the track.

• KMMKMM Member
    B)
  • Nice photos and a Video of Coz in and indoor arena for what they believe is a first for Cool as a cucumber Cozmic One

https://www.facebook.com/pg/desousastablesllc/posts/?ref=notif
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited March 2018
    Glad to see Coz relaxed and focusing on his training and didn't get startled when he approached another dark bay horse that literally was right up side-by-side to him in the back wall...his own reflection in the mirrors in the indoor arena!

Later, another horse and rider walking towards him but did not distract Coz from cantering onwards either. I am very impressed with Coz's progress!

• KMMKMM Member
    Very good interior riding ring manners, Coz! Calm and paid attention to his rider; on the right leads. What a good and attentive boy!
  • What a pleasure to watch. A nice smooth moving and attentive horse. What a beautiful pair together. Nice early progress.
  • zfanzfan CaliforniaMember
    Like a different horse! Way to go Coz!
  • edited March 2018
    What a great indoor facility the DeSousa's have access to!

• This is not their indoor arena as stated at the start of the Video and under the still photos just below the Video they were at a friends indoor arena and Coz was a perfect gentleman for Isabel as well as with the many new Horses he was around.
  • I liked the very clear communication going on - she was asking him to give and soften and when he did she gave - he was happy to try and do what she wanted - she made it look so easy :)
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited March 2018
    He turned out to be easy in right hands. Who knew? <3