Cozmic One - Hunter/Jumper Career

Comments

• I really like the way he moves/carries himself in the ring already! He should make a good Hunter/jumper.
  • KMMKMM Member
    He moves like the nice thoroughbred that he is. B)
  • edited March 2018
    Was reading on De Sousa Facebook, that Isabela is aiming for Coz to be entered in his first show by May.
  • Very cool! He does move really nicely in the ring. Very fluid and calm. I did find it interesting though that she's using spurs on him. I've never had a problem getting OTTBs to listen to my leg or heel.
  • I love seeing Coz being a normal horse. Outside, wearing a blanket, playing in the water like a little kid. . He must think he is in heaven with such a wonderful life now.
  • zfanzfan CaliforniaMember

I love seeing Coz being a normal horse. Outside, wearing a blanket, playing in the water like a little kid. . He must think he is in heaven with such a wonderful life now.

So fun to watch
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited March 2018
    Watching Coz trotting around in the indoor arena...he looked to have a rather smooth gliding trot judging from the ease that Isabela had when posting the trot. But, I am not an expert in judging this. Anyway...Coz and Isabela looked totally in sync in overall movement.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Thoroughbreds tend to have nice trots.
  • Probably why they are sought after more now in Show
  • A bit of pleasant irony that the "one gear" way of going that didn't work in racing, is perfect for his second career if he continues as a show hunter.

One of the things that separates hunter from jumper is the show hunter judge wants to see a steady, consistent stride through the whole course. No visible speeding up or slowing down.
  • Can you get a ken doll t shirt?
    A barbie bikini horse gear
    Should we jump and a scream
    Oooh...a tee

• KMMKMM Member
    Tincup, you are such a pain in the butt, but I forgive you here. You love Coz and are a racehorse guy. Understand. K
  • tincup said:

Can you get a ken doll t shirt?
    Oooh...a tee

@tincup knock it off.

We all have gotten the memo, in triplicate. This is not the path you wanted to see CoZ take. However this is what was chosen for him and this is all being done in a fishbowl BY A CHILD.

You're vague snide comments aren't just targeting adults at this point, there is also a kid in your target field, so knock off the bullying. You want to take potshot at adults, take direct pot shot at adults, but I think even you know better than to be snide at a kid's efforts to share her project horse.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Hey, here I have to agree with Zenyen, Tincup! The De Sousa Stables are doing a marvelous job with Coz, and have nothing really to do with his retirement, except that they are recipients for taking him on. Nothing to do with your wishes for Coz
  • KMM said:

Tincup, you are such a pain in the butt, but I forgive you here. You love Coz and are a racehorse guy. Understand. K

Yeah,
    Zenyen said:

tincup said:

Can you get a ken doll t shirt?
    Oooh...a tee

@tincup knock it off.

We all have gotten the memo, in triplicate. This is not the path you wanted to see CoZ take. However this is what was chosen for him and this is all being done in a fishbowl BY A CHILD.

You're vague snide comments aren't just targeting adults at this point, there is also a kid in your target field, so knock off the bullying. You want to take potshot at adults, take direct pot shot at adults, but I think even you know better than to be snide at a kid's efforts to share her project horse.
    Nope, won't take that bait.
    You've all tried that, first time around.
    It's a kid, so hands off.
    Well, I won't play that crap.
    I'll say I hadn't any idea a child was involved, and I'll say that doesn't matter.

All of sudden coz is this and that.

All this heart and love he's always been.

Please don't pretend this is all new.

He was always the horse you see now.
  • LionessLioness Member
    edited March 2018
    I don't think he's always been the horse he is now (in the physical sense, obviously, but not in the mental). When he was at the track, we saw an unhappy, isolated stallion who would kick and bite at most things that came his way. There were plenty of discussions on Bernardini and his notably bad temperament, how perhaps gelding would help, how he seemed to like women better than men, how he seemed frustrated and bored running around in circles.

Be it his new environment and/or the gelding, he seems rather relaxed and affectionate now that he's off the track. And there's no denying that Miss DeSousa seems to be making the effort to bond with him and stimulate his training.
  • I've really enjoyed watching Isabela and Coz bond! It is so sweet! She has done really well with past horses, and I can't wait to see how well he does! He definitely seems to enjoy it all! ❤
  • Lioness said:

I don't think he's always been the horse he is now (in the physical sense, obviously, but not in the mental). When he was at the track, we saw an unhappy, isolated stallion who would kick and bite at most things that came his way. There were plenty of discussions on Bernardini and his notably bad temperament, how perhaps gelding would help, how he seemed to like women better than men, how he seemed frustrated and bored running around in circles.

Be it his new environment and/or the gelding, he seems rather relaxed and affectionate now that he's off the track. And there's no denying that Miss DeSousa seems to be making the effort to bond with him and stimulate his training.

Disagree
    I've my own understanding of energy and focus.
    Because coz wasn't able to exercise his ability, because he wasn't allowed to, shouldn't have had him be eligible for social reconstruction based on some chick idea of society.
    Coz was a toss for the ladies.
  • tincup said:

Lioness said:

Disagree
    I've my own understanding of energy and focus.
    Because coz wasn't able to exercise his ability, because he wasn't allowed to, shouldn't have had him be eligible for social reconstruction based on some chick idea of society.
    Coz was a toss for the ladies.
    I think Coz had plenty of opportunity to showcase his (lack of) ability on the track.
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited March 2018
    This argument is a nonwinner with Tincup. He has always had strong ideas about Coz! Let it go. K
  • They should have sent Coz to Maria....
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited March 2018
    Whoodler, you should be on comedy Central ( I don't know it, but know you are funny ( I think than more to just me think so). B)
  • whoodler said:

They should have sent Coz to Maria....

Funny
    Anyone else would have been fine.
    Jaime Gomez would've sparked run.

You think baffert is the only person that ask?

It's a f,ing horse

Maria would've got more then John.

Smelly

Long eyes

Short sight