2018 Breeders' Cup

1111213141517»

Comments

• edited November 2018
    Lope de Vega, sire of Newspaperofrecord (winner of the BC Juvenile Fillies Turf).

• She is quite impressive. Hasn't won a race by less than 6 1/2 lengths.

• She is a very interesting color. I couldn't tell what color she was on TV. Greying out slowly I suppose?
  • Shes a grey roan
  • I liked her in her workouts. She moved very good over the track and looked great
  • I like the description rose grey. B)
  • She would be called a rose gray right now. Very pretty red-based gray filly. She'll be a definite gray and less roan looking in a season or two, though.

Nice to see a gray that isn't black based or just fast-graying and nearly white already!
  • I figured maybe strawberry roan but that's a brighter red in the coat lol.
  • Rachel said:

I figured maybe strawberry roan but that's a brighter red in the coat lol.

Roan does not exist in the breed outside of a small group of Aussie horses.
  • Me too. That's how I've always heard that coat color described.
    KMM said:

I like the description rose grey. B)

• Enable WOW!
  • Enable is amazing. I think Abel Tasman is done and ready for retirement.
  • Yeah for John Sadler! And Accelerate has had an amazing year as a 5 year old!
  • Poor Roaring Lion, dead last and by 60 lengths. I appreciate the sportsmanship of his owners, but I'm not so sure it was the best decision in the long run.
  • Poor Roaring Lion, dead last and by 60 lengths. I appreciate the sportsmanship of his owners, but I'm not so sure it was the best decision in the long run.

There was nothing to lose and the loss doesn't take anything away from him. He was always going to retire after this, and it's not like Gosden was going to run him against Enable in the Turf.
  • I figured that's why they took their shot in the BCC.....to avoid Enable. I knew right away he was going to finish last, his stride was so choppy and it was obvious he was having nothing to do with the track. True, he loses nothing in status as far as his grass form.
    EliRose said:

Poor Roaring Lion, dead last and by 60 lengths. I appreciate the sportsmanship of his owners, but I'm not so sure it was the best decision in the long run.

There was nothing to lose and the loss doesn't take anything away from him. He was always going to retire after this, and it's not like Gosden was going to run him against Enable in the Turf.
  • Breeders’ Cup Oddity: Man Arrested For Trying To Ride Horse Onto Track At Churchill

One of the strangest stories to come out of the weekend's Breeders' Cup World Championships at Churchill Downs was that of Georgetown man Michael Wells-Rody's Saturday adventure.

According to the Lexington Herald-Leader, the 24-year-old's arrest citation stated that he “was manifestly under the influence of alcoholic beverages” when he “snuck into a restricted area he was not authorized to be in” and took off on a (lead pony) horse.

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/the-biz/breeders-cup-oddity-man-arrested-for-trying-to-ride-horse-onto-track-at-churchill/