Foaling and Newborn Questions & Comments

Comments

• Kiss just had a very strong contraction and the horse in the other foaling stall must be really close as there are many people watching in her stall and the Mare manager went in to check her over. How fun that must be to have multiple mares in foal and only two foaling stalls.
  • Zenyen said:

Taking a wild guess, but given her head conformation I would wager that we are watching "It's in his Kiss"

Barn kitty!

Spot on Zenyen the Foal Patrol Text alert just confirmed it is It's in His Kiss in the foal patrol camera stall
    Here's some info on It's in His Kiss she's by Yes It's True out of Wake Up Kiss (by Cure The Blues.) She is unraced. No idea who the sire of her foal is. She was bred by Edition Farm.
    She's also a half sister to the stallion Edition just brought back from Japan to stand here in the states. A Shin Forward.
  • Zenyen said:

Taking a wild guess, but given her head conformation I would wager that we are watching "It's in his Kiss"

Barn kitty!

Spot on Zenyen the Foal Patrol Text alert just confirmed it is It's in His Kiss in the foal patrol camera stall
    \o/

Her head is pretty distinctive, as well as the dark mane/forelock but good to know my old eyes can still peer through the glasses.
  • Looks like she just had another strong/long contraction. I can see two people outside her stall.
  • Her foaling history is quite long but with several unraced foals out of her.
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited March 2018
    AT EDITION FARM..."IT'S IN HIS KISS" NOW ON LA VERDAD'S WEBCAM...PERHAPS A FOALING OR TWO TONIGHT?
    https://foalpatrol.com/horses/la-verdad/gallery
    3/10/18:
    5:30p EST: Before I left for my appointment, La Verdad was in the foaling stall with the lights dimmed. She was relaxed and sleeping.
    8:19p EST: AllzensonTrack posted that the Mystery Grey mare, aka It's in His Kiss was moved into the webcam foaling stall.
    11:54p EST: When I returned just now, I was surprised to find that "It's In His Kiss" is now on the webcam with signs of foaling! Hoping she has a safe/text book foaling perhaps tonight/early tomorrow. I was just being facetious when I mentioned It's In His Kiss might foal before La Verdad at the rate things were going after the thursday night (3/8/18) camera flashing fiasco. LOL!

So glad that La Verdad was able to see and acknowledge her missing grey paddock buddy inside the barn tonight! I was getting worried that LV might be getting dehydrated and stressed not finding her grey buddy out in the pasture all day (3/10/18). La Verdad literally carved a "deep path err...trench" in the snow with all her back-and-forth pacing outside.

I gotta remember that daylight savings takes effect tonight at midnight. Here in Hawaii, we don't have daylight savings...so I have to adjust my postings to reflect 6 hours earlier instead of 5 hours. 【⍨】
  • Short Video by Sheila showing IIHK in LVs stall says she is dripping colostrum like a faucet and is why LV is now in the stall just behind the foaling stall. Bay mare that was in that stall is the other to foal tonight and is now in the foaling stall that the grey mare the other night was in with all the excitement going on around 10PM.
  • whoodlerwhoodler Member
    edited March 2018
    Actually, it's at 2 AM eastern.
  • edited March 2018

:)
  • With the silly spring forward this morning this may not be the best night for me to foal watch needing to be up at 9AM
  • Tons of yawning going on with IIHK and she is quite a cribber as when the pain comes on she goes over to the bar window and sucks away until the pain subsides.
  • Is that today's 9 AM or tomorrow's? Wait this is tomorrow....
  • LOL yes I have Service at 11AM but have to be there by 10AM for Choir practice so losing and hour is not helpful come on IIHK I want to witness at least one foal born on Foal Patrol .
    edited March 2018
    AT EDITION FARM..."IT'S IN HIS KISS" CHALLENGES US WITH A WAITING GAME! TICK-TOCK ⌛⌚⌛
    2:36-3:11a EST: The webcam has an overhead view so we can't see IIHS's belly but her hindquarters looks to be hollowed out. I observed her kicking with her left hind leg a few times, pawing, swishing her tail and looking at her butt. In between her discomfort, she relaxes, eats her hay and grains...or stands quietly with a few head tosses. I hope we don't have to wait until sunrise!

Gee, I hope there will be a few experienced horse people able to stay up and watch overnight. I can do a "timed play-by-play observation" but I hope others can fill in the blanks with comments from experience.
  • You must be timing it just wrong to miss her very obvious contraction pushes. She stands stock still camps out her front legs as if to pee but instead gives a good push with her back arched. Done this about once a hour so far. Sadly thanks to Daylight savings I will have to depart soon and hope she goes before I must leave for Church or waits till I get back home from church.
  • Just wrapped her tail at 3:49 AM
    edited March 2018
    AT EDITION FARM..."IT'S IN HIS KISS" NOW HAS HER TAIL WRAPPED!
    3/11/18:
    3:51a EST:
    I just peeked into the webcam for Edition Farm and found that they had just recently wrapped It's In His Kiss's tail. So it might not be a long wait for those in the East Coast afterall.
    edited March 2018
    AT EDITION FARM..."IT'S IN HIS KISS" COLT VS FILLY!
    3/11/18
    4:00a EST:
    It's In His Kiss just now stood straight on into the webcam rather close up to the camera and from what I could see, her right belly was more prominent (full) in this view. I guess you have to be there in-person at eye-level to really judge the belly! LOL!
    Old Wive's Theory: LEFT=COLT vs RIGHT=FILLY

Edit:
    4:13a EST: Someone just came into the stall to check on It's In His Kiss. After a few seconds, the individual stepped out but there are a couple of people outside watching.
    4:15a EST: The staff now turn off the lights in the Barn corridor.
    4:22a EST: IIHK is walking like a bow-legged cowboy right now...maybe her pelvic bones are shifing in preparation for foaling.

I'm just hoping things will start rolling soon!
  • edited March 2018
    They have pics of the Bay mares filly she is "Then She Laughs" and at 18 years young this is to be her final foal she will be retired . Sire of her filly is War Dancer
    edited March 2018

You must be timing it just wrong to miss her very obvious contraction pushes. She stands stock still camps out her front legs as if to pee but instead gives a good push with her back arched. Done this about once a hour so far. Sadly thanks to Daylight savings I will have to depart soon and hope she goes before I must leave for Church or waits till I get back home from church.

LOL! I have Edition Farm's webcam minimized (postcard size) along with Stopchargingmaria's webcam so I do not have an enlarged view to see these subtle contractions. I tend to type as I view the reduced webscreens. I'm right now having a delay reaction on figuring out the EST times. If it's 10:00pm in HNL so I guess 4:00a EST. LOL!
  • IIHK seems to want to lay down but is also quite fascinated with the new arrival across the isle from her. LOL I find myself telling her that if she would get down to business she will have a new arrival of her own. It is now 4:21 AM EST
  • Poor Mama mare she is really having some serious contractions now and is almost non stop licking her lips Push IIHK Push
    edited March 2018
    AT EDITION FARM..."IT'S IN HIS KISS" IS THIS IT?...I THINK SHE'S FOALING!
    3/11/18
    4:28a EST:
    IIHK just went down laying sternal! Too bad her butt is facing away from the webcam!
    I'll add more to this posting...shortly

4:30a EST: IIHK is laying still in a sternal position but is looking at her butt right now. I don't see contractions however and we can't see her butt.
    4:32a EST: 2 attendants now walk into the stall. The female is looking at IIHK's bag and not her butt right now. Both attendants now step out after a few seconds.
    4:33a EST: Okay...a heavy contraction...shaking her whole body. Her head is down.
    4:34a EST: IIHK is now laying lateral on her left side...she is definitely pushing. HInd legs stiff and jerking with each contraction.
    edited March 2018
    AT EDITION FARM..."IT'S IN HIS KISS"...SHE'S DEFINITELY FOALING!
    3/11/18:
    4:36a EST: An attendant steps in briefly to look at her butt then steps out. IIHK rolls to a sternal position as an attendant in olive jacket steps in.
    4:37a EST: Back down to left lateral position, attendant is now at her butt, another attendant steps in. They checked the white bag probably to see if all is in the right position...two legs/head first I assume
    4:38a EST: Third attendant is now in. IIHK rolls back to sternal and an attendant checks her vulva. Another is raking away the hay/straw away from her butt.

Will continue to add to this post...
    4:41a EST: 3 attendants in the stall, watching. IIHK looks towards her butt. Heavy breathing. She now lays down lateral and rolls back up sternal.
    4:42a EST: Another heavy contraction. Female attendant checks her butt once again.
    4:44a EST: Attendant is now putting on a long surgical glove. A 4th individual is now at the door. IIHK is lifting her tail with another heavy contraction. Attendant appears to be checking on the white sack...can't see exactly what they are doing. IIHK lays up sternal once again.
    4:46a EST: Looks like the attendants are breaking open the birth sac and may be pulling out the foal with each contraction. The attendant with the surgical glove pulled the glove off in order to work with the pulling.
    4:48a EST: More contractions...IIHK is arching her neck backwards and is pawing her front legs while lying left lateral.
    edited March 2018
    AT EDITION FARM..."IT'S IN HIS KISS"...FOAL IS OUT!
    3/11/18:
    4:49a EST: The foal is out and they are wiping down the baby with blankets. IIHK rolls up to a sternal position and looks back at the activity from the staff and her foal.
    4:51a EST: Awaiting the word on the sex of the foal. In the meantime, a thick blanket is placed over the foal and they are rubbing the foal. It must be a cold morning indeed. The foal appears dark (of course...its wet) but can't see much of the other features just yet.