Justify (Scat Daddy - Stage Magic, by Ghostzapper)

1242526272830»

Comments

• KMMKMM Member
    Her spicy presence is really missed! We went from hot sauce to just ketchup on the morning omelet.
  • KMM said:

Her spicy presence is really missed! We went from hot sauce to just ketchup on the morning omelet.

Good analogy!
  • I remember a similar case in the UK where an oaks winner was disqualified for high levels of theobromine. This was completely accidental as the filly a few days before had pinched a piece of her lads Mars bar ( a chocolate bar like a type of snickers) out of his hand.It was enough to push the levels avove permitted levels. The stable was completely exonerated but the filly was still disqualified and forfeited the prize money
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited August 28
    Certify was named Cartier 2 year old filly. A daughter of Elusive Quality and owned by Godolphin, her trainer at the time was found for doping his horses. She was sidelined for a year as was the rest of the stable, from sanctions. She achieved a G2 on her return with Appleby, but didn’t achieve the same level she did as a 2 year old at 4, having missed her 3 year old year. The Brits take any kind of doping seriously.
  • That was for anabolic steroids and a huge scandal for Sheik Mo. Eleven horses, including Certify, produced samples which tested positive for anabolic steroids. The horses were suspended from racing pending an inquiry, meaning that Certify was ruled out of running in the 1000 Guineas. After the BHA's disciplinary panel imposed an eight-year ban on Al Zarooni (Mahmood Al Zarooni , trainer). On 25 April 2013, it was announced that Certify, and the other horses involved would be banned from racing until 9 October 2013.

There is zero tolerance in the UK for drugs, accidental or otherwise
  • I second that!
    sarinne said:

KMM said:

Good analogy!
  • raceonraceon Member
    So if they disqualify him from the Santa Anita Derby, that means he didn't have the points to run in the Derby and does that mean the owners of the second place horse will go after him? There is so much to consider.
  • KMMKMM Member
    No. It stops with SA.
  • raceonraceon Member
    KMM said:

No. It stops with SA.

I know that it does stop there
    However with people being how they are, you know someone will say something and be all over it with negativity. I like Justify and I'm impressed with his foals so far. I want this to work out in his favor.
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited August 29
    It’ll be fine for him—he’s a TC winner, a son of Scat Daddy, and is worth mega bucks.