Canine Companions

Started a new thread with a better title than "New Pet dogs". :)

Deva (dog) and Cinder (horse) enjoying a day at the barn together! :heart:

Comments

• That is a darling photo. So cute.
  • Thank you, @Especially_Horses -- I thought it might be appreciated here. :) Deva is staying with her show handler right now, and Kelli also runs dogs in field trials which are done from horseback. So the "show" dogs and "field" dogs all run out together at the barn with Kelli on horseback...…..a sporting dog's dream. :)
  • KMMKMM Member
    That is cool Sarinne!
  • KMM said:

That is cool Sarinne!

I think so too, @KMM! Dogs and horses can be a fabulous mix!
  • KMMKMM Member
    Is Deva your girl if I remember?
  • KMM said:

Is Deva your girl if I remember?

Yes she is -- she's from Alice's second litter, and Alice is the bitch that raised April for her dam.
  • KMMKMM Member
    <3
  • Just thought I'd share these puppy pics, especially for those with an interest in conformation and to show you how even litter mates can be very different. This is the litter I helped whelp and raise, and I will be co-owning the teal collar girl with the breeders, Debbie and Laura (name pending). Were it my litter, I would have taken the yellow collar girl, but I think teal is exceptional as well, and I'm excited to be a part of the litter. Here is my friend Debbie's website:

https://www.redtaleirishsetters.com/edgar-rosie-puppies

Puppies are sired by the same dog that I used last year for both of my litters, Edgar. And here is Debbie's FB page, she has the photos from the puppy grading party that we did on Saturday posted to public. Side note on that......all the experts gave up on trying to get a good pic with red collar boy because he was being obnoxious that day. Since he's been "my boy" since day one (I called him "Ron" for Ron Burgandy lol), I offered to try and he immediately did what I've been training him to do for the past five weeks. What a brat! haha Babies are ten weeks now, and most will be going home this weekend :) Hope you enjoy (and the link works!) :heart:

https://www.facebook.com/debbie.fethmurray?hc_ref=ARTOhXm1eisdTrkUrysxSdDl6-SNwDVk2d_pO1dLBuqPSJe00hxtmOhRAzOLuueWfWU
  • @sarinne : I wasn't able to figure out which puppy was Ron. Also, the photo by the lake...how beautiful...is that their backyard?
  • sarinnesarinne Member
    edited July 2018
    @Especially_Horses -- their photos are captioned with the collar color (Ron was red).

Yes, that is a really wealthy family and that is at their summer home. What a lucky boy Chief is! :)

ETA: he's the only one with a pic of me stacking him -- I'm wearing a blue shirt.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Hey Sarinne, I don't do Facebook and didn't have access to pics. Her dogs are lovely.
  • Well they are set to public, so anyone, even non Facebook users can look at them. But I will tell her........I really admire her dogs, and it will be nice to co-own a bitch with very different bloodlines that mine on her bottom side. I'm excited about the prospects :)
  • I'm a dope...photo caption says "Red Boy" :p

Oh my word.....that property. Awesome.
    sarinne said:

@Especially_Horses -- their photos are captioned with the collar color (Ron was red).

Yes, that is a really wealthy family and that is at their summer home. What a lucky boy Chief is! :)

ETA: he's the only one with a pic of me stacking him -- I'm wearing a blue shirt.

• Yep, that's Ron! lol Sometimes they are like weanlings/yearlings at auction and totally forget their manners. That was his case. lol

It's always nice to be able to know you have a puppy in a good home and they send you pics/vids. I will probably get to see this guy again, as they've agreed to let Debbie show him when the time comes. :)
  • Has anybody used electonic pet barriers (NOT fences.)
    PetSafe Pawz Away Threshold Pet Barrier
    PetSafe Pawz Away Extra Outdoor Barrier
    High Tech Pet Products Radio Mat
  • I personally have not, but many of my puppy buyers have successfully. I don't know the brands, so I'm sorry I don't have that info. I know I'm most unhelpful and I'm sorry for that, but I didn't want you to think I was ignoring your post. :)
  • Do you know what they were using them for. (These are NOT containment products.)
  • The mat, I believe was to train them to keep them off the counter LOL
  • Thanks.
  • It's actually common for IS people to recommend "scat mats" to keep them off the kitchen counter. Setters are BAD about that lol
  • I'm interested in keeping them from going OUT the door. No fencing in front.
  • Understand. Any way of using one of those nice, easy to open and close baby gates on the inside of the door (or even outside)?
  • No.
  • This video (on Facebook) is over on the Blog-side. What I don't understand is how the person doing the recording could stand to let that sad dog go on trying to arouse his dead friend. Makes no sense to me.

https://www.facebook.com/a9imalsnature/videos/1941998352766238/
  • I can't watch that.......it sounds awful! Is it a pet? I know a lot of people that do let their dogs say goodbye, but I don't think I could go through that. :heartbreak: