Foal Watch 2019

We are just a month away from Foaling Season 2019!

There is another Foal Patrol too for 2019, so lots of live action and discussion to ensue.

Who will post the first photo of a 2019 foal? QueenZFan22, it won't surprise anyone if it is you :)

The first booking posted on the Forum for 2018, and therefore a 2019 foal was:
Shriek (dam of Paid Up Subscriber) ---> Mastery

Here are just a few other anticipated 2019 foals for us to be hunting photos of in the new year (based on the Bookings for Mares 2018 Discussion Thread):

Leslie's Lady (dam of Into Mischief, Beholder, and Mendelsson) --> Not This Time (LL is up there in years, she will be 23 years old in 2019, we need to especially pray for a safe/healthy delivery for mare and foal)
Songbird ---> Arrogate
Paulassilverlining ---> Arrogate
Bubbler (dam of Arrogate) ---> Curlin
Lemons Forever (dam of Forever Unbridled) ---> Medaglia d'Oro
Stellar Wind ---> Galileo
Noble Fire (dam of La Verdad, Hot City Girl) ---> Gun Runner
Stopchargingmaria ---> Gun Runner
Love the Chase......>Uncle Mo
Glinda The Good ---> Curlin
D'Wildcat Speed (dam of Lady Aurelia) ---> Medaglia D’Oro
My Miss Aurelia ---> Medaglia D’Oro
Cavorting ---> Medaglia D’Oro
Dreaming of Julia ---> Medaglia D’Oro
R Sunday Surprise (full sister to California Chrome) ---> Danzig Candy
Lady Eli --> War Front
Havre De Grace ---> Tapit
Groupie Doll --> Tapit
Unrivaled Belle ---> Tapit
Plum Pretty ---> Arrogate
Mrs. Bubbette ---> California Chrome
I’m A Chatterbox ---> Galileo
Drumette (dam of Monomoy Girl) ---> Mastery
Colerful Bride.......>California Chrome
Include Me Out.....>Violence
Stormy Frolic......>California Chrome
Tepin........>Galileo
Treasure Trail.......>Uncle Mo
«1

Comments

  • I'm so excited that we're getting so close now!

    I'll be on foal watch for two of my WVS partnership broodmares around the following dates:
    - Campaign Vows: due to have a Golden Lad foal between 2/12 and 3/26 (last covered 3/29)
    - Analyzeyurspending: due to have a Blofeld foal between 4/29 and 6/10 (last covered 6/13)
  • edited November 28
    Stopchargingmaria is not to Gun Runner. She is checked in Foal to Tapit for a 2019 foal
  • Interesting that Leslie's Lady went to Not This Time. You would think with her getting up in age they would want her to go to more established stallions, or at least a newbie with a bit more "hype" if you get what I mean.
  • Not This Time has some seriously gorgeous foals on the ground right now. He's also from the Storm Cat sire line, which Leslie's Lady has done very well with.
  • LionessLioness Member
    edited November 28
    He definitely looks the part and has thrown some nice foals. But a champion producer on (most likely) her last foal? Seems a bit out of place to me. There are many established sires from Storm Cat. Wonder if there is a special interest/owner connection.
  • Didn’t SCM go to Tapit?
  • jaefeatheredjaefeathered Member
    edited November 28
    Like who? Carpe Diem, Tale of the Cat, First Samurai, and Not This Time are the only Storm Cat descendants in KY that I could find at $15k or higher.

    EDIT: Even I thought there were more Storm Cat line stallions in KY haha.
  • LionessLioness Member
    edited November 28

    Like who? Carpe Diem, Tale of the Cat, First Samurai, and Not This Time are the only Storm Cat descendants in KY that I could find at $15k or higher.

    EDIT: Even I thought there were more Storm Cat line stallions in KY haha.

    American Pharoah, Gun Runner, and Giant's Causeway himself (which I think he was still breeding last year until he died in April, not sure when she is due) are quickly a few that I would dub more attractive. I believe she went to AP last year though unless I am forgetting. I was thinking of GC as established, I did think there were more. Very strange haha I guess it starting to make a bit more sense now.
  • Pharoah and Gun Runner have Storm Cat blood, but they're not from his sire line. Plus, Leslie's Lady went to Pharoah in 2018 so I imagine they wanted another stallion for some variety. I forgot Giant's Causeway was still active for part of the year last year, but she delivered her filly on 4/25 so she wouldn't have had time to visit him.
  • That's what I thought. Still think it's a bit weird. I think I'd rather forfeit a line than the stallion but who knows at this point. Makes a bit more sense.
  • I was surprised by the choice too at first, but I definitely understand why they decided to send Leslie's Lady to him. Hopefully the resulting foal ends up being a good one!
  • Apparently some of the announcements of who was going to who were changed after the posting on our Forum. I caught a few and updated before doing a copy/paste into this Discussion Thread, but didn't catch that one. Thanks for updating.

    Stopchargingmaria is not to Gun Runner. She is checked in Foal to Tapit for a 2019 foal

  • You left out Beholder. I forgot who she went to.
  • Didn't she go to Curlin?
  • mrsrebakermrsrebaker Member
    edited November 30
    Yes. She is carrying a Curlin filly. The pregnancy was confirmed March 7, so the foal is likely due early February.
  • Thanks ladies. I'm trying to keep up with too many sites and pages on the Internet and get behind in some and then get swamped. Sigh. I'm looking forward to Beholder's second.
  • Lioness said:

    He definitely looks the part and has thrown some nice foals. But a champion producer on (most likely) her last foal? Seems a bit out of place to me. There are many established sires from Storm Cat. Wonder if there is a special interest/owner connection.

    @Lioness I was told by the TM guys that LL was actually booked to NTT for 2017 but was offered a free breeding to Pharoah. She was never going to GC.

    The pattern follows her greatesf successes - Harlan’s Holiday, Henny Hughes, and Scat Daddy were young/not huge successes when she was bred to them. The breeder likes going for young, attractive stallions who have promise. Not This Time is one of the best-looking stallions in KY, especially of the SC line. He stamps his foals very well and they acquitted themselves well in the ring this fall. Full disclosure, my mare is booked to NTT for 2019 so I am kinda biased, but NTT definitely has quite a bit of hype for his price point.
  • Getting sold is considered an accomplishment.
    Interesting.
  • whoodler said:

    Getting sold is considered an accomplishment.
    Interesting.

    You wanna run suckling and weanling races? In any case LL was covered long before ANY of the foals had even been weaned let alone sold.
  • The way things are going I'm sure that will be on the agenda in a few years... right after the in utero sales catch on.
  • K
  • EliRose said:

    Lioness said:

    He definitely looks the part and has thrown some nice foals. But a champion producer on (most likely) her last foal? Seems a bit out of place to me. There are many established sires from Storm Cat. Wonder if there is a special interest/owner connection.

    @Lioness I was told by the TM guys that LL was actually booked to NTT for 2017 but was offered a free breeding to Pharoah. She was never going to GC.

    The pattern follows her greatesf successes - Harlan’s Holiday, Henny Hughes, and Scat Daddy were young/not huge successes when she was bred to them. The breeder likes going for young, attractive stallions who have promise. Not This Time is one of the best-looking stallions in KY, especially of the SC line. He stamps his foals very well and they acquitted themselves well in the ring this fall. Full disclosure, my mare is booked to NTT for 2019 so I am kinda biased, but NTT definitely has quite a bit of hype for his price point.
    Interesting. I would not question the breeding if it was not for her age. I still think I'd rather be a bit more conservative for what may be her last breeding but I'm clearly not the owner. Haha
  • I think her owners haven't done all that bad at choosing sires for her foals. ;)
  • @EliRose I like him too! Just wondering if you are breeding to race? Sell? Or performance? What bloodlines does you mare have? Message me if you are concerned with hijacking the thread! LOL
  • jen_bloomjen_bloom Member
    edited December 2
    Wezzie said:

    @EliRose I like him too! Just wondering if you are breeding to race? Sell? Or performance? What bloodlines does you mare have? Message me if you are concerned with hijacking the thread! LOL

    I'm curious, too, and I just discovered that EliRose has been discussing this breeding some in the thread on TB ownership experiences, so that might be a good place to talk about it.
Sign In or Register to comment.