Fort McHenry (Tapit x Love the Chase)

New name. Needs to be approved, but I can't see any reason why it would be rejected.

Comments

• Fort McHenry is a historical American coastal pentagonal bastion fort located in the Locust Point neighborhood of Baltimore, Maryland. It is best known for its role in the War of 1812, when it successfully defended Baltimore Harbor from an attack by the British navy from the Chesapeake Bay on September 13–14, 1814.

O! say can you see,...
    by the dawn's early light, a large red, white and blue banner? Whose broad stripes and bright stars . . . were so gallantly streaming! over the star-shaped Fort McHenry during the Battle of Baltimore, September 13-14, 1814. The valiant defense of the fort inspired Francis Scott Key to write "The Star-Spangled Banner."
  • I'm anticipating that his first start will be Saturday July 27 at Saratoga.

• I will keep a lookout for his first start @Especially_Horses. Entries for Saturday at Saratoga should come out sometime on Wednesday? Please keep me updated on his "official" name.
  • jaefeatheredjaefeathered Member
    edited July 22
    That's cutting it pretty close if they only just submitted the name. It usually takes a couple of days for the JC to approve them, and entries would be taken on Wednesday. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he debuted in the condition book after this one.

EDIT: I think you actually have to have an official name before you can get your gate card in NY, so he wouldn't be able to debut on Saturday if that's the case.
  • Great, thank you.

I will keep a lookout for his first start @Especially_Horses. Entries for Saturday at Saratoga should come out sometime on Wednesday? Please keep me updated on his "official" name.

• I'm thinking, if no issues, it could be approved and official by day's end. The name Zellda was re-opened to a status of Pending and then Approved all within 24 hours. (All the other names were rejected within hours of being submitted.)

That's cutting it pretty close if they only just submitted the name. It usually takes a couple of days for the JC to approve them, and entries would be taken on Wednesday. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he debuted in the condition book after this one.

• Maybe they speed up the process if you have a lot of money :p It's always taken WVS horses at least 2-3 days to get approved, even without any issues.
  • edited July 22
    Could be an obstacle for sure. But the submission of a name suggests to me they are ready to enter him in a race very very soon. :)

EDIT: On second thought, I think you are right....Saturday does seems too soon to get all their ducks in a row for a first start. But soon.

EDIT: I think you actually have to have an official name before you can get your gate card in NY, so he wouldn't be able to debut on Saturday if that's the case.

• ZenyenZenyen Member
    FWIW

§ 4025.17. Information for initial entry.
    (a) In entering a horse for the first time, such horse shall be identified by stating the
    name of the horse (if it has any), the horse’s color and sex and the name or description
    of the horse’s sire and dam as recorded in the stud book. If the dam was covered by
    more than one stallion, the names or description of all must be stated.
    (b) Except as provided in subdivision (d) of this section, this description must be
    repeated in every entry until a description of the horse with the horse’s name has been
    published in the racing calendar or in the program or the list of entries of an association,
    or in such other publication as the commission may designate.
    (c) In every entry after such publication, the horse’s name and age will be sufficient.
    (d) If a horse be entered with a name for the first time, in several races for the same
    meeting, closing at the same place on the same day, the description need not be added
    in more than one of the entries.

https://www.gaming.ny.gov/pdf/legal/New York State Gaming Commission rules Chapter I ,Subchapter A (Thoroughbred%20Racing)%20updated%202017-02.pdf
  • "HorseWithNoName" has a name --- finally. Hope Fort McHenry gets approved quickly. Thanks for the info on the backstory for the historical Fort McHenry and the Star Spangled Banner. Keep us posted on the name and possible race entry at Saratoga!
  • It's Official, less than 24 hours after submission.

• edited July 23
    So now that it's official....I like the name, even though, IMO, it would fit better for a son of War Front or Declaration of War, etc. I've noticed that Coolmore, more times than not, doesn't bother to name their horses based on the name of the Sire and/or Dam. I'm already thinking of this colt as just Henry and I'm glad to see him in the Todd Pletcher barn.

Now keeping on eye on Saratoga Entries. If not entered in a race this Saturday then maybe August 3rd.

HTTP://WWW.EQUIBASE.COM/PROFILES/RESULTS.CFM?TYPE=HORSE&REFNO=10271814&REGISTRY=T&RBT=TB
  • This colt is an absolute beauty to look at --- sure hope he has some talent. Wonder if his barn name will be Henry, or maybe Hank? Looking forward to his first start.
  • whoodlerwhoodler Member
    Oh Say Can You See would have suited me better.
  • @whoodler --- that's kinda clever, I like!
  • whoodlerwhoodler Member
    Thanks.
  • It doesn't make anymore sense to use for this colt, as does using Fort McHenry, so way not. Haha. =)

If he goes to stud I'm sure someone will think of if it for an offspring, and that would be a well suited name.
    whoodler said:

Oh Say Can You See would have suited me better.

• You were right. Not entered for this weekend. Now waiting for August 3rd entries.

• Horse Workout Notification
    July 27, 2019

Fort McHenry (2-Year-Old Colt)
    Date: July 27, 2019
    Track: SARATOGA
    Distance: Five Furlongs
    Time: 1.01:78 Breezing
    Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: Dirt training
  • KMMKMM Member
    Nice workout!
  • Looks like a no-go for August 3, which I'm actually happy about, because I wouldn't have been able watch live. Now looking at August 10th as a possible start.
  • tincuptincup Member
    I enjoy following. Thanks for all the posts.