Zenyatta's Waiting Room 2020 (Candy Ride X Zenyatta filly)

EriNCEriNC Member
edited September 4 in Zenyatta
Some interesting info about Candy Ride:

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/215756/the-candy-man-can

At stud the biomechanical traits that made Candy Ride such a terrific racehorse also have helped him achieve stardom as a stallion.
Candy Ride has an unusual set of what we call “rear triangles”—bone lengths of his ilium, femur, and tibia. The ideal arrangement is for each to be the same size to bring balance to the power thrust through a horse’s quarters. If the ilium is longer than the other two, a horse may generate great speed but possibly at the expense of stamina. Candy Ride is notable because he does have quite a long ilium, what horsemen sometimes call a long hip, and the horse was able to generate high speed and was able to maintain his pace over a considerable distance of ground.
Candy Ride has been able to pass on some of this unusual alignment. While evidence suggests the majority of foals by any sire will have rear triangles close to the same size, from the foals by Candy Ride in our database, only slightly more than 50% have an equal-sized ilium, femur, and tibia. The remainder have unequal lengths, and Candy Ride’s record as a sire indicates breeders using him have a very good chance of getting foals with great power, as well as the ability to carry it.

Comments

• KMMKMM Member
    edited September 4
    It was confirmed in the blog 2 weeks ago, so this is not "new" news.. The paulick report got their information from the blog, and quote it.
  • KMM said:

It was confirmed in the blog 2 weeks ago, so this is not "new" news.. The paulick report got their information from the blog, and quote it.

Yes, but since it doesn’t have a thread yet, I figured maybe there were people who didn’t know. Also not everyone checks the blog, some people rely on the forum
  • It was reported and discussed on the forum as well.

I'm a superstitious old horsewoman but I wish we'd waited till the filly was on the ground, stand and nursing before making a thread like this.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Me too! Should be about Zenyatta and her health. In this forum, we have had enough sad tales. It is kind of like a friend or sister who has had miscarriage (s). Everyone knows of the pregnancy but are respectful of privacy and respecting boundaries. I think it should be low key. I think decisions to breed Z are very personal to Anne and Jerry.
  • A thread like this has been done for every foal since Coz. I just noticed that one hadn’t been started for this newest foal
  • Yes, kind of a tradition by now. We've had happy endings and sad endings. That's life.

Thanks for finding that old article on Candy Ride.
    EriNC said:

A thread like this has been done for every foal since Coz. I just noticed that one hadn’t been started for this newest foal