20-Z (Candy Ride x Zenyatta)

edited February 1 in Zilkha
What a looker.

Comments

• I have to say, I think Candy Ride did right by Zeny. She is so well made.
  • I was so wrong about her coat color. Haha. Thought she was going to be a dark bay.
  • colleencolleen Member
    She is stunning! Saying it right now..." Z's Big Treat" should be her name. She's a brick house.
  • LionessLioness Member
    Looks like a chestnut! As I predicted <3
  • BTW: Details to follow on the Blog.

Zenyatta delivered a chestnut filly by Candy Ride early this morning, May 17th at 5:40 am. We think she’s just beautiful, and Zenyatta is a very proud mom! Details to follow on our blog.
  • Is it just me, or does that filly have the "Look of Eagles" already?
  • colleencolleen Member
    She is adorable.
  • I'm so happy. This is such a happy day.
  • Anyone else see her being sent back to Candy Ride?
  • Works for me.

Anyone else see her being sent back to Candy Ride?

• LionessLioness Member
    edited May 2020
    I don't think she'll be bred back to anyone this year. It's pretty late. They would have to breed on foal heat most likely. They can watch her develop and then decide.
  • edited May 2020
    I love seeing the sunrise in that second photo. Her standing as the sun is rising shows how quickly Z20 was ready to greet her new world.
  • It will be fun to see if she has any white socks and I'll be waiting to see a straight on head shot of that big white star.
  • raceonraceon Member
    They definitely made a looker. She DOES have the look of eagles! Anyone else think she was born outside?
  • LionessLioness Member
    raceon said:

They definitely made a looker. She DOES have the look of eagles! Anyone else think she was born outside?

That's what I was thinking. The sunrise is a little before 6 this time of year, right after her reported birthtime. Is that normal for farms this late in the season? I guess I have just always heard of the "foaling barn." They do look to be in a special pen.
  • I hope they let us know how long, after birth, it was before she stood. Born at 5:40am stood at...???
    Lioness said:

raceon said:

That's what I was thinking. The sunrise is a little before 6 this time of year, right after her reported birthtime. Is that normal for farms this late in the season? I guess I have just always heard of the "foaling barn." They do look to be in a special pen.
  • I wonder if they decided to not interrupt her routine at all this time around to try avoiding the loss of the foal like last year.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Race on, you are probably right, otherwise new baby and mare wouldn’t be out this early. I also think her up and about look gives this observation some credence. Such a fun day and great news in this rather flat living experience. <3 <3 <3
  • It's wonderful to think that she might have foaled outside. Makes that sunrise photo even more special, she was standing as the sun rose. The Blog should give us the low-down on the birth and more photos.
  • Anyone know if "Sunrize" is available as a name?
  • sarinnesarinne Member
    Lioness said:

Looks like a chestnut! As I predicted <3 </p>

Me too, @Lioness!!!!! Yay!
  • Hehe, you love your redheads.
    sarinne said:

Lioness said:

Looks like a chestnut! As I predicted <3 </p>

Me too, @Lioness!!!!! Yay!