RIP Whoodler

This from her son, Andy. He wanted it shared. I lost a very good and well loved friend, and I appreciate that the family wanted all of you to know publicly what happened.

mom got sick last saturday night and my sister rushed her to the hospital, turns out she had a aortic aneurysm they performed emergency surgery on her, and she made it through that, but never regained consciousness, she was on a ventilator until yesterday to sustain her life, and we had to decide to let her go. She always spoke fondly of you, and all the horse people, and I thought you should know of her passing. She will be deeply missed

Please pray and send good thoughts to her family during this time. We've all been through this, and know how it feels.

I do have a lovely family photo he shared with me, but I don't know how to post them now. Is there anyone that could help me or do it themselves?

Comments

• sarinne said:

This from her son, Andy. He wanted it shared. I lost a very good and well loved friend, and I appreciate that the family wanted all of you to know publicly what happened.

mom got sick last saturday night and my sister rushed her to the hospital, turns out she had a aortic aneurysm they performed emergency surgery on her, and she made it through that, but never regained consciousness, she was on a ventilator until yesterday to sustain her life, and we had to decide to let her go. She always spoke fondly of you, and all the horse people, and I thought you should know of her passing. She will be deeply missed

Please pray and send good thoughts to her family during this time. We've all been through this, and know how it feels.

I do have a lovely family photo he shared with me, but I don't know how to post them now. Is there anyone that could help me or do it themselves?

@sarinne If you message me i can try and help. RIP Whoodler.
  • WezzieWezzie Member
    :'(
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited July 10
    I will truly miss her, especially her irascible and curmudgeonly spirit. She loved her family, her dogs, her friends, and her opinions. She showed her softer side when she talked about her love of her family and her dogs. Please take my thoughts with humor-- she didn't often spare me in her repartee, but that was part of the exchange if you wanted to play in her sandbox. Godspeed whoodler!
  • Sorry to hear this, she always knew her own mind and wasnt afraid to voice her opinions. Although I may not always have agreed with them, I always looked for her posts. She will be sadly missed on the forum
  • 2020 really has been hell :cry: :tired_face: :heartbreak: RIP whoodler. We loved you.
  • I'm so sorry to hear about this. We may not have always agreed with each other but she was incredibly passionate about the sport and she was a familiar presence around the forums. Rest in peace, Whoodler.
  • RachelRachel Member
    Oh my gosh! This is terrible news! I'm so sorry to read about this. Didnt matter if we agreed on posts or not, I wish this weren't true :cry:
  • ZenyenZenyen Member
    I never saw eye to eye with her but this is horrific news. Rest in all the opportunities to argue with those who have come before; peace would be too boring for you.
  • sarinnesarinne Member
    Zenyen said:

I never saw eye to eye with her but this is horrific news. Rest in all the opportunities to argue with those who have come before; peace would be too boring for you.

She would chuckle at that last part, Zenyen -- she wasn't afraid to speak her mind, that is for sure.
  • Wow... I am so sorry for her family.. She certainly kept things lively on the forum.... It goes to show that life can be so very short and end so suddenly.... Always remember to let your family and friends know how much you love them...
  • LionessLioness Member
    Our small community here will miss her. My thoughts are with her family. <3
  • edited July 11
    Whoodler, I wish you were able to read the comments. I'm sure you would laugh, sigh and maybe have a few caustic responses, but in the end you'd be very appreciative. I smile at the thought that No "regular" to this site (very few for sure) likely escaped at least one pointed response from you to one of their comments. My heart is heavy knowing that you will never see the first winner from your beloved Chrome, that you will miss the Derby-ride (hopeful as it is) with you newly acquired investment in Authentic, that you will never again argue your point that thoughtful bloodline analysis, for the purpose of breeding, be damned. I so much would love to tell you about the two year-old filly Yogurt, a $1,300 KeeSep Yearling, who won a $75,000 Maiden Special Weight today at Keeneland. You would have gotten the biggest kick out of thinking about all the "experts" who passed on buying her. Whoodler, you were opinionated and not afraid to express and defend your point of view, AND you loved your family, Country and of course animals. Thank you for your contributions to this site, it will never again be quite the same.

This photo is four generations: Sherry with her daughter, granddaughter and great-grandson (photo provided by Sarinne).

• Especially horses, what a special comment you just
    Posted. Made me smile, chuckle and tear up all at one time.
  • WezzieWezzie Member

This photo is four generations: Sherry with her daughter, granddaughter and great-grandson.

Perfect @Especially_Horses ! Thank you

• tincuptincup Member
    Thank you @sarinne for posting this thread and you @Especially_Horses for posting the picture.
    Goodbye dear friend.
  • VA_in_CAVA_in_CA Member
    Wow! What a shock. So sorry to lose such a colorful member of the Forum. Thank you sarinne and Woodler's son for letting us know. RIP Whoodler. :'(
  • KMMKMM Member
    Sarinne, you have a gift for caring and recognizing people. Especially Horses, what a thoughtful tribute—you also, like Sarinne, pay attention to who people are.
  • I will miss you very much Whoodler! You always had a well thought out point to make even if most of us didn’t follow. May you find your kind of peace, the kind that excites and brings out the best of YOU in your afterlife.
  • I'm tremendously sad to hear this. Rest in peace, Whoodler. I'll miss your witty and irreverent wisdom.
  • Wow this was unexpected. Though she had many things to say about me and my post she always seemed to do the criticizing with class LOL. She did love her Chrome but never hesitated to call his foals what they were. I'm glad I got to know a little about Whoodler, and hope she is meeting up with all the People and Pets which left before her. May she rest in Peace. The Forum will feel a bit lopsided with out her comments.
  • BetsyBBetsyB Member
    Sorry to hear she's passed. Condolences to her family. Seems like the Forum has had more than a few losses, unfortunately.
  • raceonraceon Member
    Heartbreaking news, condolences to Whoodler's family and friends.
  • DelamontDelamont Member
    raceon said:

Heartbreaking news, condolences to Whoodler's family and friends.

Amen.
  • So sorry to hear of Whoodler’s passing. Sincere condolences to all who loved her.
  • KatyKaty Member
    Rest in Peace, and sincere condolences to her family and friends