Those who are missed

KMMKMM Member
edited December 2020 in Community & Creativity
The forum has been so quiet for much of this year, and we are missing some voices we came to rely on hearing in our everyday lives—just to name a couple like bigherbie and whoodler. Our halls are as quiet here as all of the empty classrooms across the country. Quiet as the snow falling in the NW part of MD, on mown hayfields. Missing also is tincup, because he and family have been dealing with aftermath of fire in CA.

I hope everyone and their families and friends are safe and well.

Maybe next year will bring renewal and energy.

Comments

• I would like to echo the sentiments of @KMM above, I have missed the discourse that made participating in this forum so much fun and not least made lockdown more bearable.

I wish all members the compliments of the season wherever and however you celebrate this holiday and to those who have departed you are gone but not forgotten

Roll on 2021
  • jen_bloomjen_bloom Member
    edited December 2020
    Thank you for this post, @KMM. I had just been thinking that it's nearly time for the new foals, and remembering how much Paniolo Gal and whoodler enjoyed the foals, and feeling sad. We've lost so many of the people who made this a good place to come for lively conversation. I still come for the horse news, but it isn't the same. I really appreciate knowing I'm not the only one.

Wishing everyone happy holidays and a safe and healthy new year.
  • Have not heard from @Especially_Horses on the forum for a while, or I'm blind, which is possible. I know she was making a big life change in moving out of state so that might be it.

Yes, I do miss all the forum members we've lost..........or who've been scared not to post. :heart:
  • Has Paniola Gal posted at all in the last year? Last I heard, her husband had cancer and they were having to make frequent trips to the mainland for his treatments. I miss her and many others from our earlier "glory" days. Good post and good addition to the discussions, KMM.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    hi guys....i am missing you and esp our game...the horses have returned to Oaklawn. on the far side of the track there is a small space where you can park and watch the horses work. the pups and i go 3-4 times a week to watch them.. racing to start on jan 22..but they are still not letting anyone in...if you are lucky enough to be early , you can get a spot there and hear the call of the race even if you are on the opposite side of the track from the finish line. i know bigherbie and whoddler are watching with me
  • VA_in_CA said:

Has Paniola Gal posted at all in the last year? Last I heard, her husband had cancer and they were having to make frequent trips to the mainland for his treatments. I miss her and many others from our earlier "glory" days. Good post and good addition to the discussions, KMM.

I was think about her the other day as it was reported one of the Biggest Volcanos on the Island she stays on erupted and it was a very big eruption effecting at least 50% of the island
  • VA_in_CA said:

Has Paniola Gal posted at all in the last year? Last I heard, her husband had cancer and they were having to make frequent trips to the mainland for his treatments. I miss her and many others from our earlier "glory" days. Good post and good addition to the discussions, KMM.

I was think about her the other day as it was reported one of the Biggest Volcanos on the Island she stays on erupted and it was a very big eruption effecting at least 50% of the island
    Same, @AllZensonTrack

@carolinarkansas , I miss the game with ALL of us playing. We had so much fun. I'm glad you get to go out to the track and watch.
  • Maybe we can start again?
  • Oh gosh @KMM I don't have the math skills to keep up with that! :s But I wish I did and we could <3
    whoddler was so clever with all the side games...
  • I can probably do the straight up one we initially engaged in.
    KMM said:

I can probably do the straight up one we initially engaged in.

that would be great!
  • Maybe just start easy -- three races or so?
  • tincuptincup Member
    Whoo would enjoy some of these runhappy horses.
  • sarinnesarinne Member
    tincup said:

Whoo would enjoy some of these runhappy horses.

Yes she would have.