Zilkha (Candy Ride x Zenyatta)

edited February 1 in Zilkha
I'm going to take a chance and assume this name is going to get approved.

Comments

• Interesting that they would be already submitting names for her. Here is the meaning of the name. "Czech and Slovak (Žilka): from Czech žilka, diminutive of žíle 'vein', nickname for someone with noticeable veins, or from the same word in the sense 'sinew', 'tendon', applied as a nickname for a resilient or quick-witted individual."
  • edited January 14
    It could be Jerry's time to name the foal. I believe Ann named Zellda. Maybe the timing and name claim is influenced by Jerry's new wife Tina.

Interesting that they would be already submitting names for her. Here is the meaning of the name. "Czech and Slovak (Žilka): from Czech žilka, diminutive of žíle 'vein', nickname for someone with noticeable veins, or from the same word in the sense 'sinew', 'tendon', applied as a nickname for a resilient or quick-witted individual."

• The nickname meaning isn't bad. Not my favorite name but not my least favorite out of her foals. :)
  • I think if the name is approved we will get new photos and an explanation of the name.
  • I actually love it. It’s unique sounding with a cool meaning.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Lots of people have this as last name—maybe one of the Moss’s friends.
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited January 14
    Fitting. Now she has a Russian accent to go with the imagination I have of her talking with a sassy attitude. Remember the stink eye she was giving the camera the day she was born? Haha. I really hope this gets approved.
  • Zellda and Zilkha go together nicely.
  • KMMKMM Member
    The surname isn’t Russian, it’s Jewish, and shows up in Israel, UK, Switzerland, andUS, for what it is worth.
  • I like it a lot too. I can see this as the name of a Bond girl. :lol:
  • zfanzfan CaliforniaMember
    Now I can’t wait for photos!!!!❤️
  • I'm going to take a chance and assume this name is going to get approved.

Only Zilkha listed in Equibase is a 22-year-old unraced mare bred in Great Britain.
    I agree that Z20 will become Zilkha.

• Zilkha (GB) is a Petong sired grey mare who ran 10 times between 2000 and 2001 without success
  • edited January 16
    Approval Pending is all but a done deal. The name should be Approved before the end of the weekend. How do you think the name is pronounced......Zil-ga........or Silk-ha.......or ?

• I imagine in English it is simply Zilk-ha
  • The Z could have a tz or ts sound as in Mozart (Motsart). I think that would be cool. (Tzilk ha) Makes the h of the second syllable more logical than zil ka.
  • Can new photos be far behind? Let's hope not.

• A British entrepreneur named Michael Zilkha is the cofounder of ZE Records and he may possibly be someone known by Jerry Moss. The family is originally Iraqi-Jewish. They sound interesting.
  • KMMKMM Member
    I look at that, VA, but couldn’t find any common references or connections between them.
  • In name numerology it is number 4: Also routine, stable, resilient and quick witted, which I'll bet means she is a smarty pants and the 4th of Zenyatta's living foals.
  • That's two indicators that she is quick-witted--name meaning and numerology.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Numerology wise, wouldn’t she be number 6 ? All of zenyatta’s foals born live, she is no. 6.
  • This name is similar to Zazilkha, which a Ukrainian friend of mine said means, ladybug in Ukrainian. I looked it up and it didn't say that. But that's what she called ladybugs, and said that they bring good luck.
  • KMM said:

Numerology wise, wouldn’t she be number 6 ? All of zenyatta’s foals born live, she is no. 6.

That is true but she is the 4th of her foals living at this time. I probably am wrong but was just looking for meaning behind her new name as they seem to put so much thought into each baby's name.

• KMMKMM Member
    What is significance of 6 in numerology?