Hansen

MKernMKern Member
This is very interesting article about Hansen from The BloodHorse.com. His mom has similarity to Tasty Temptation, motherhood is not her cup of tea. I guess some just cannot be a good mom like Queen Z. I am glad Hansen turned out to be an agreeable horse.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/69476/hansen-survived-his-mother-to-achieve-acclaim

Comments

• carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    RA's mom did not do well with her....but improved....so hoping TT will get the hang of it on the next go round...i am going to look and see what i can find about H's mom...
  • edited May 2012
    Hansen has turned into my little horse "crush".... Hope he at least gets a good chance in the Derby!
  • I've picked Hansen to win. At the very least, he'd look the best with the roses over his withers.
  • I've picked Hansen to win. At the very least, he'd look the best with the roses over his withers.
    He certainly would! First youngster with a completely greyed coat that I've seen.
  • RachelRachel Member
    Whats everyones opinions on hansens trainer showing up with gifts to the crowd and women by his sides or women walking with hansen to the paddock
  • Whats everyones opinions on hansens trainer showing up with gifts to the crowd and women by his sides or women walking with hansen to the paddock
    IT simply shows that Hansen is able to attract the ladies the best??
  • I love Hansen too. Regarding the "little stuffed Hansen's" being flung out/handed out to the crowd...I'd like one, LOL. As far as all the other "antics" if it brings in the fans/creates new fans, I'm all for it.
  • Hansen is a good horse Seems out of sorts yesterday I think he will do well in the race So many good horses I have 5 picked to bet at Santa Anita tomorrow. Dullahan, Hansen, Union Rags, Gemologist & I like Alpha // Sire by (Bernardini) All depends on the odds Thinking about a couple Trifectas
  • RachelRachel Member
    Some people were saying him being fussed with by his trainer may have worked him up a bit in his last race
  • His trainer wasn't the problem it's his OWNER--how stupid to be messing with the horse when a big race is at hand and today they showed that the Trainer and Owner had words over it and the Trainer(Thank God prevailed) if this guy Hansen wants a circus horse --then he should buy a nice saddle horse and color it BLUE--Love Hansen the horse cannot stand his owner!
  • RachelRachel Member
    It was so stupid the way he acted! u cant decorate a race horse get over it. hes got those women, the figurines, plush animal of hansen. Cant believe his attitude
  • I think his owner is just fine! He is someone who has worked his way up the ranks in racing over many years, he finally has a great horse & he is having a blast. Good publicity is desperately needed for the sport. A white horse with a blue tail would certainly have made the national news. Whether it bothered the horse, I don't know but don't be so hard on the man! I don't think Dr. Hansen thinks it's about him, as so many super rich men with huge egos do. He loves his horse, has a real love for the sport & would like to get other people excited about the sport too. More power to him! And one of those girls in the blue outfit was his sister. BTW they did pass out a lot of Zenyatta stuff too.
  • On Race Day a horse needs to be kept calm that is the trainers job Dying the tail was out of line!!!!!!Then had to be washed out more fuss and confusion for the horse. Dr Hansen needs to be professional Want GOOD publicity for the sport --- TRY getting something positive done about the DRUG situation with these horses I have Watched Hansen, something is not right, that I put off on the trainer!!!!!!!!!!!! Other side of the coin a lot of owners have too much say in how a horse is trained without any knowledge!!!!!! of training. Either way the horse suffers in the end. Not every horse has a Matz or Sherriffs for a trainer (people that care)
  • Re the drug situation. I just read an article which states this was the last Derby where Lasix and bute will be allowed. Apparently some time this year another JC vote will be taken and they will be outlawed in KY. It failed by one last time around, so there IS hope.

The article said statistics show lasix helps (is needed by) just 5% of race horses but 95% get it.
  • It was so stupid the way he acted! u cant decorate a race horse get over it. hes got those women, the figurines, plush animal of hansen. Cant believe his attitude

It kind of reminded me of that scene in Seabiscuit where his owner was giving "autographs" (an ink print of Seabiscuits' hoof) and handing out horseshoes....His trainer was PISSED. I do think that incredibly stupid though....Dying Hansen BLUE. How childish, the only people who do that are children with their Shetland ponies walking around at local shows.
  • RachelRachel Member
    I could see it happening if he were retired an paraded around for whatever with blue mane and tail. But not on race day
  • Yeah, Hansen's owner is a jackass, that's for sure. I sometimes wonder if he realizes and appreciates what it is he owns here. The reference above to Seabiscuit's trainer was spot-on. He said to the owner, "He's not a circus act, he's a racehorse." I wish Hansen's owner would respect that just a little more! having said that, the horse's talent will prevail no matter what that jackass does.
  • Yeah, Hansen's owner is a jackass, that's for sure. I sometimes wonder if he realizes and appreciates what it is he owns here. The reference above to Seabiscuit's trainer was spot-on. He said to the owner, "He's not a circus act, he's a racehorse." I wish Hansen's owner would respect that just a little more! having said that, the horse's talent will prevail no matter what that jackass does.
    It would be nice if he understood that....Hansen is a living creature. Not a cute, white "My Little Pony" that you can play dress up and put stars on his butt.....He is a race professional, he should treat him as such. I won't deny that Hansen has a beautiful white coat. But if he wants to make a show of it, he should have the groomer groom and clean that horse until "He can see his face" in his coat so to speak....Not dye his mane and tail blue!
  • RachelRachel Member
    Isnt he trying to represent the university of kentucky?
  • Isnt he trying to represent the university of kentucky?
    I hadn't heard of that.....But you don't represent a university by dying a horse blue =/
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited May 2012
    If hes not trying to represent anything then hes just doing it for show. The Great White Hope. hope for what? he didnt win the kentucky derby so that hope was squashed. i dont understand the white horse with blue mane and tail. will someone explain lol
  • If hes not trying to represent anything then hes just doing it for show. The Great White Hope. hope for what? he didnt win the kentucky derby so that hope was squashed. i dont understand the white horse with blue mane and tail. will someone explain lol

I just thought he was trying to market his horse.....In a very cliche' way........Except for the dying horses of blue part....Next time he should take some finger paint and paint little stars and hearts on his butt! And then add multicolored hair clips to his mane and tail! Did I forget to mention the unicorn horn and angel wings? Then, add some girls in sexy angel costumes as well.
  • RachelRachel Member
    My pretty pony lol! oh lord its insane. i dont understand it
  • REBORNRUFFIAN12 DON'T GIVE HIM ANY IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • RachelRachel Member
    I didnt think hansen would win it. he can go long just not that long. i wonder why he was so sweaty tho. he was in a good position but dropped back. his trainer isnt talking much