Z and Prince Z Stories by Sierra

SierraSierra Member
edited March 2012 in General Interest
This is where I will post different parts of my story here they are so far:

(Okay just letting everyone know that this a lot of this is kind of made up by how I picture Z’s situation with her family. I do understand that Z’s family is in CA but I thought for this story I would make them closer to her.)
Z stops to nicker as she spots Dottie striding towards her. She wears a smile on her face as she does every morning when she fetches her to read the diary posts and to write the newest one. Z turns to see 12-Z, as everyone seems to call him, sleeping soundly in the sun. Before Dottie is able to get over to the paddock Z turns around and trots over to prince. She lightly nudges him “Little prince wake up come on boy Dottie’s here. She has carrots and a camera I know how you love both of these things.” Slowly prince awoke
“Wait really she has a camera mommy?”
“Yes dear she always does.”
“Mommy will you teach me a new pose?” Prince starts to bounce around.
Z turns to see Dottie at the fence calling to them.
“Of course dear but we better hurry. I will race you.”
“Okay Mommy but I’m gonna win this time!” He starts to race off towards the fence with Z cantering behind. Prince starts to gather speed the wind whipping his little tail up into the air. Z lets Prince get ahead and then starts to speed up zooming past him. As she waits closer to the fence for her son she shouts to him.
“Lesson number one for today is the gallop pose. Turn your head a little towards the camera or away from it they love it.” Prince slowly turned his head as Dottie snapped up photos. Now Z was talking with Dottie as she waited for Prince to gallop up.
“Isn’t he just so adorable? Just look at those ears Dottie! He has my ears! But of course he has Berni’s head too.”
“Zenny you are right he is just too cute. Of course he has your ears Z and don’t forget as Ann said he also has your spots. But you are also right about Berni’s head.” Now Prince was at the fence.
“Hi Dottie Guess what?! Guess what?!”
“What 12-Z?”
“Mommy taught me the first part of her dance last night!” Prince started to bounce up and down as Z looked on proud of her son.
“That is so cool 12-Z! I am sure that once you are on the track you will be just like your mommy dancing all around. But you better watch John with that Guinness you tell him that you can’t have too much.”
“Dottie!” Z exclaims and then starts to whisper “I haven’t told him about the Guinness yet. I think lesson one should be the dancing.”
“Mommy what is Guinness?” Prince looks up quizzically at Z.
“You will just have to wait and find out. That is big boy stuff. First you must learn the basics and then once you get to John’s you will learn about the Guinness.”
“Okay mommy. Dottie will I ever get to write a diary like mommy?”
“I am not sure 12-Z but you could help us with today’s diary.” Dottie replied smiling at 12-Z’s excitement at becoming just like his mom.
“Yay!” Prince bounced up and down looking up at Z “What is the first step Dottie? What do we do first?”
“Well 12-Z we start by reading comments. Then we write the next diary.”
Z , Prince, and Dottie started to read comments laughing as they read all of the Aunties crazy antics. Then as the wrote the next diary page making sure to highlight all about how cute Prince was right at that moment.
Once they were done Zenny spotted Matt walking towards them so she nickered a hello and started to the gate. But before she got there she heard for the first time a tiny little shrill nicker she turned around to see Prince with his head held high in the air let out another nicker. Quickly he ran over to his mom.
“Mommy I just nickered! Did you hear me? It was so much fun!” Quickly he let out another nicker and started to run around the paddock. Z following behind as Prince trumpeted his joy to the world. Zenny gently cantered behind with pride. Once Prince was all tuckered out he collapsed to the ground with one mighty heap.
“Momma I’m tired I just want to sleep in the sun.” Prince said yawing at the same time.
“I know dear but it is time to go in and get fed. Don’t you want to go into the nice comfy stall in the foaling barn? Prince darling?” By that time prince was fast asleep so Z just started to graze beside him watching over him.
Back at the fence Dottie and Matt were talking.
“Aren’t those two so funny?” Matt said with a chuckle in his voice
“12-Z definitely is just like his momma when it comes to naps just look at him out in the sun.”
“Well I hate to wake him up but we do need to get these two inside because I have another mare and foal who are supposed to go out in this paddock. If you want to help bring them in Dottie you can.”
“I would love to do that. What do I have to do?”
“Well 12-Z will follow Zenny so you just need to hold onto his lead rope and keep him stable as he is walking. No need to lead him as he will follow Zenny.”
“Okay, I can do that. Let’s go get them.”
Dottie and Matt walked into the paddock calling sweetly to Z and 12-Z. Z looked up from grazing to see the two people walking sweetly towards her.
“Prince wake up.” Zenny gently nudged Prince “Come on sweetie Dottie and Matt are coming to take us in to get lunch.” Opening his eyes and slowly waking up Prince looked up at his mom.
“But I’m so tired mommy.”
“It’s okay Prince they will help you walk in. It will be okay.”
“Okay mommy” Prince said slowly getting to his feet. Once he was up Zenny and Prince started to slowly walk towards Dottie and Matt.
“Okay guys time to go in.” Matt said as he clipped Z’s lead rope onto her halter.
“Come on sweetheart.” Dottie cooed as she walked up to Prince clipping his lead rope to his tiny halter. Then she took her position by his neck so that he could lean on her if needed. Matt slowly started to walk Z towards the gate with Prince following close behind. Once the hit the pavement Prince flicked his ears trying to figure out what that sound was.
“Mommy what is that sound?”
“Those are my shoes clicking on the pavement. Someday when you start being ridden and raced you will also wear shoes. But you have to trust the Farrier who takes care of your feet. They look scary at first with all of the smoke smell and all of the tools but it doesn’t hurt at all just remember that.”
“That is so cool Mommy! When will I get shoes on my feet.” Prince said as they walked into the barn.
“You will get them when you start to get worked hard. So around one or two you will get shoes sometimes you get them even earlier but it really depends.” Z said as she walked into the stall. Once the two horses were in the stall Matt put Z’s hay in the stall along with a little bit of grain with some supplements.
“Mommy what is that green stuff you are eating?”
“That is hay Prince. Someday soon you will eat it too. It tastes the same as grass pretty much but it is a little different. It is very good and you will get plenty of it once you are a racehorse.”
“Can I try some Mommy?”
“Sure Prince.” Prince slowly walked up to the hay and sniffed it. He took a small bite chewing tenderly. Soon he spat it out.
“How do you like this stuff Mommy?”
“You will learn to like it but for now you can just drink milk.”
“Okay thanks for letting me try Mommy.” Prince yawned as he started to walk over to his corner of the huge stall and laid down. “I think I am going to take a nap I am so tired.”
“Okay good night sweetie.” Z replied looking at her son. After Z finished her hay she walked over to prince and laid down so that their noses were touching. Then she closed her eyes and feel asleep for her afternoon nap.

I will try to do at least a little bit a day but I may have to do a large chunk a week instead.
I hope you all enjoy!
Sierra
The >>>> Means the start of the story for the day.

Comments

• Sierra, that is TOO CUTE!! Love it!
  • Good I am glad to hear it! I will be posting more soon.
  • JaneWJaneW Member
    Great writing Sierra! I could just picture them as I was reading it!
  • Looking forward to the next installment!
  • Okay I must say I love this I can edit it right on here. So nice! I am a very happy Sierra right now.
  • Sierra:

Love your story. Can't wait for the next chapter. Hugs, JB
  • Great, Sierra. BTW, I wrote a longer comment and request for you when I clicked on your photo--I think you have to go to your INBOX to see it. Yours in Dumplinghood,
    Trina
  • Waaaay too cute. Keep em coming!
  • caseycasey any racetrack with camera in handMember
    Awesome, Sierra- I could picture it in my mind as I read....
  • Nice story, Sierra!

Love the part about, "Mommy, what is Guinness?"
    ROFL!! :)
  • This is very good, it brought tears to my eyes...
  • Great, Sierra. BTW, I wrote a longer comment and request for you when I clicked on your photo--I think you have to go to your INBOX to see it. Yours in Dumplinghood,
    Trina
    Hey Trina....isn't this fun!!! I'm so happy!!!
  • so cute
  • Thank you Sierra great job
  • Sierra: Glad to see the posts in one spot so that we don't miss any. This is going to be so much fun.
  • I absolutely love it! Too cute......................................x
  • Sierra, this is great for you!! You have your own forum to put your stories at. Too cool. Waiting for the next chapter. :)
  • Well I am sure all of you will be happy to know that tonight I will be posting three new parts!
  • Right on, Sierra. Something to read when we get home. High Hoof to you!
  • AlexAlex Member
    I LOVE IT!!!! KEEP THEM COMING. HUGS TO ALL
  • Sierra, I love your stories. Zenny and baby really come alive through your words. h+++
  • Sierra, I love your stories. Zenny and baby really come alive through your words. h+++
    Thanks so much helene!

• Okay everyone the new post for today is up. Look for the >>>>. I will post the next one later today.
  • Hi Sierra. Your story is too cute and is going to be a lot of fun to follow. I'm so glad you are inspired to compose. I hope Dottie takes a peek and is as thrilled as the rest of us in realizing that Zenyatta has inspired a young person in such a creative way. Sierra, being able to write and express oneself is really going to come in handy in the work world and in forging a career; communication skills are a necessity. I see a bright future ahead of you.
  • Hi Sierra. Your story is too cute and is going to be a lot of fun to follow. I'm so glad you are inspired to compose. I hope Dottie takes a peek and is as thrilled as the rest of us in realizing that Zenyatta has inspired a young person in such a creative way. Sierra, being able to write and express oneself is really going to come in handy in the work world and in forging a career; communication skills are a necessity. I see a bright future ahead of you.
    Thanks so much Especially_Horses! I would be thrilled if Dottie read this! I think it would partly a dream come true. But of course I would not know if she had read it unless she posted or something. This means a lot thanks so much! I am hoping that once I am older I will be able to become a writer as maybe a side job or if I am really successful as a full job. But for now it is just a hobby.
    Again thanks so much,
    Sierra