A.P. Indy

Comments

• Godolphin's Antipathy, third in the Phipps at 30-1, bounced back to win the Shuvee Handicap (gr. III) by two lengths in the mud on July 27 at Saratoga, defeating Stanwyck, who also was entered in the Personal Ensign. The Shuvee was run at the Personal Ensign's 1 1/8-mile distance.

"We need some racing luck or her to run her 'A' race (to win the Personal Ensign)," said Kiaran McLaughlin. "It's a tough group, but we're happy to be in there, and we'll see how it goes. Hopefully, we'll have a good day. I think she [belongs among the best in the division]. She missed by only a half-length in the Phipps and came back and won."

Irad Ortiz, Jr. will ride Antipathy, the 5-1 third choice.

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/86852/close-hatches-bids-for-perfection-at-saratoga#ixzz3AnPadTWD
  • Timeless Indy is running August 30th in the Harry F. Brubaker Stakes. He will be ridden by Elvis Trujillo. He is trained by Richard Baltas and owned by Zephyr Racing LLC.
  • Long River is running August 30th in the Woodward Stakes. He will be ridden by Irad Ortiz Jr. He is trained by Kiaran McLaughlin and owned by Godolphin Racing Stable LLC.
  • Stephanoatsee is running August 30th in the Woodward Stakes. He will be ridden by Joel Rosario. He is trained by Nick Zito and owned by My Meadowview Farm.
  • Paula ♡ |29| ‏@stubborn_b 15s Honor Code at Fair Hill https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxTI-T_IAAAVQPb.jpg
  • Deceptive Vision is running September 14th in the Canadian Stakes. She will be ridden by Eurico Rosa Da Silva. She is trained by Malcolm Pierce and owned by Sam-Son Farm.
  • Antipathy is coming of a fourth place finish in last month’s Personal Ensign Stakes at Saratoga. Prior to that the Godolphin home bred took the Shuvee stakes (G3) and was a close third behind Princess of Sylmar and Close Hatches in the Ogden Phipps Handicap (G1) on the Belmont Stakes undercard. Expect to see the three-year-old daughter make her next start in the Beldame Stakes (G1) on Sept. 27th.
  • Honor Code
    Last finish: Second in an allowance at Gulfstream in March; Honor Code skipped the G1 Wood Memorial in April after suffering a slight tear of his right hind upper suspensory
    Claim to fame: The McGaughey trainee won the G2 Remsen and was runner-up in the G1 Champagne behind Havana
    Status: Honor Code has begun work again at Fair Hill Training Center and is expected to have his first breeze soon. No projected timeline has been set for his return to the races.
  • Honor Code (3-Year-Old Ridgling)
    Date: September 19, 2014
    Track: FAIR HILL
    Distance: Three Furlongs
    Time: 37:20 Breezing
    Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: Dirt
  • Long River is running September 27th in the Jockey Club Gold Cup Stakes. He will be ridden by Cornelio Velasquez. He is trained by Kiaran McLaughlin and owned by Godolphin Racing LLC.
  • Stephanoatsee is running September 27th in the Jockey Club Gold Cup Stakes. He will be ridden by Jose Ortiz. He is trained by Nick Zito and owned by My Meadowview Farm.
  • America is running September 28th in the Remington Park Oaks. She will be ridden by Junior Alvarado. She is trained by Bill Mott and owned by Bobby Flay.
  • Got Lucky is running October 5th in the Juddmonte Spinster Stakes. She will be ridden by Rosie Napravnik. She is trained by Todd Pletcher and owned by Hill `n` Dale Equine Holding Inc.
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited October 2014
  • Mr. Besilu to Texas' Eureka Thoroughbred Farm
    By Blood-Horse Staff October 24, 2014
    Mr. Besilu, a son of leading sire A.P. Indy who sold for $4.2 million at the 2010 Keeneland September yearling sale, has been retired from racing and will stand the 2015 breeding season at Mike Grossman's Eureka Thoroughbred Farm near Fredericksburg, Texas. His fee as been set at $2,000.
    From article:
    Mr. Besilu's racing career was compromised by injury. He made seven starts with a pair of third-place finishes
    Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/88228/mr-besilu-to-texas-eureka-thoroughbred-farm#ixzz3H5l05Wrt
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited November 2014
    Jump Start has one hell of a pedigree. AP Indy on top and Storm Cat on the bottom, he has both foundation sires in his pedigree, not to mention he looks like his daddy (AP Indy).
    http://www.northviewstallions.com/index.php/stallions/pa-sires/jump-start

In his conformation photo you will see his injury he sustained while racing that lead to his retirement. Hes lucky to be alive. He only ran 5 times at age 2 before his career ending injury, who knows how good of a racehorse he could of been, but he sure has a great start to the breeding industry.
  • marypnymarypny Member
    edited November 2014
    I have a question about pensioned stallions like AP Indy. Do they remain stallions (or are they gelded) and can they be in company of other horses or kept separate as before?
  • I have a question about pensioned stallions like AP Indy. Do they remain stallions (or are they gelded) and can they be in company of other horses or kept separate as before?
    Pensioned stallions are not gelded, it would serve no purpose. A stallion is pensioned for one predominant reason: declining fertility or infertility. They continue to live their lives as they always have, the only difference being that they no longer breed. Indy, for example, and all other pensioned stallions at Lane's End are treated just like the stallions that are still breeding: same stall they've always had, same pasture they've been in, etc. They are all pastured alone, with a huge amount of space to enjoy
  • I have a question about pensioned stallions like AP Indy. Do they remain stallions (or are they gelded) and can they be in company of other horses or kept separate as before?

Pensioned stallions are not gelded, it would serve no purpose. A stallion is pensioned for one predominant reason: declining fertility or infertility. They continue to live their lives as they always have, the only difference being that they no longer breed. Indy, for example, and all other pensioned stallions at Lane's End are treated just like the stallions that are still breeding: same stall they've always had, same pasture they've been in, etc. They are all pastured alone, with a huge amount of space to enjoy
    Tough life, ain't it?

Tough life, ain't it?
    Hahaha you said it! I know I was jealous the whole time we were touring Lane's End, the barns are waaaaay cleaner than my house and the scenery is to die for. Those are some lucky Thoroughbreds!
  • marypnymarypny Member
    edited November 2014
    I have a question about pensioned stallions like AP Indy. Do they remain stallions (or are they gelded) and can they be in company of other horses or kept separate as before?

Tough life, ain't it?

Hahaha you said it! I know I was jealous the whole time we were touring Lane's End, the barns are waaaaay cleaner than my house and the scenery is to die for. Those are some lucky Thoroughbreds!
    Thanks for the info. I do hope I can see him when I'm there next year.

Tough life, ain't it?

Thanks for the info. I do hope I can see him when I'm there next year.
    The way he looked this year, it's so hard to believe that he's as old as he is. Barring something unexpected, I'm sure you'll see him :-) His pasture is right up front, across from the main entrance to the stallion barn, and he's one of only a couple horses that the guide will take out of pasture to stand for us gawking fans to drool over and take pics. No touching, unfortunately, unless you're sneaky after the tour ends...not to say I was... ;-)