A.P. Indy

Comments

• JenniftJennift Member
    At last check, AP Indy is still a part of the Lane's End stallion tour. If you visit Lane's End, you can meet him! I think they usually even bring him out of his stall for people to pet and take pictures with. They've brought him out both times I was there.
  • RachelRachel Member
    U mean undesended testicle? i thought thats what it might of been
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    U mean undesended testicle? i thought thats what it might of been
    The spell check did me in again....undecended it is
  • Just a thought or two here,

Can you guys please refrain from using terms like "ancient", thought he was gone long ago, etc. Some of us here are a lot older than even Secretariat--and speaking for myself I don't want it rubbed in my nose about how "old" I am.
  • Sorry but Ruffian was the total package. Was she better than Z?, or RA? Different generations--so maybe it isn't totally fair.

Most of the people here my age and older--remember Ruffian with love and affection. Most of us went to bed the night of that awful race--knowing that all that could be done was being seen to. We all had hopes that if nothing else Ruffian could be saved for breeding.

It was horrible waking up to find out she was gone. I knew from the start it wasn't looking good--but I had been around horses for several years at that time.

Ruffian was always a step or two behind right out the gate but quick as a cat she was in the lead--and her idea was to go and go and go. The further she won by the happier she was.
    Lets not forget Landeluce. she was up there with ruffian i believe
  • RachelRachel Member
    Just a thought or two here,

Can you guys please refrain from using terms like "ancient", thought he was gone long ago, etc. Some of us here are a lot older than even Secretariat--and speaking for myself I don't want it rubbed in my nose about how "old" I am.
    im sorry if you were offended but we werent trying to refer to people or make anyone feel old
  • RachelRachel Member
    And i wasnt saying landeluce was better than ruffian. i was saying she was up there with her the way she ran. one of the greats is what i meant
    Hi Rachel...and Margaret .....loved both those girls...both gone way too soon... no one could catch either one ...I am old...and proud of it...
  • The greats of the 70's were the last greats thus far.....We NEED a triple crown winner...To remind us of what racing is TRULY about.
  • Yes Lane's End is the Best. I read or heard on a video that A.P. Indy has retired from stud, BUT will stay in the stallion barn since that has been his home for all these years. He is one happy stallion to live out the rest of his life in his own surroundings. They really take care of all their horses's. To see A.P, call Lanes's End for a tour of the farm, all that you can visit are the stallions I think. This is a private family owned farm.
  • A.P. Indy is now pensioned. Yes, Mr. Farrish said after upon announcing Indy's retirement from stud duty (pensioned) that the grand old man would live out his days on the farm. Storm Cat was pesioned then went back into stud duty only to be pensioned for good, In the meantime the farm that he is at dispursed alot of their horses but they continue to keep him there on the farm to live out his life there. Thats the humane way you repay your old timers for a job well done.
  • @RebornRuffian, A.P.Indy did not come from the 70's crop of horses. He was foaled in 1989.
  • AGE IS A STATE OF MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • @RebornRuffian, A.P.Indy did not come from the 70's crop of horses. He was foaled in 1989.
    I know, but he was one of the greats that reminded us of that time.
  • shirleeshirlee Member
    I'm old and damn glad. I got to see Alydar and Affirmed, Secretariat, Seattle Slew even listened to Citation win the Derby on the radio. Who would want to have missed these and so many other of the great ones??? Also, would not have missed the 60s and 70s for the world!
  • you're right, Shirlee. Having seen all those horses was an experience beyond compare. And ninjabarb, you too are right. Age really is just a number. although I do wish I had greater mobility. However, life is good, and an awful lot of fun, especially when we can watch all the new great horses. Some good ones coming up.
  • JenniftJennift Member
    What I meant by saying that AP Indy and Vindication had a connection back to the great horses of the 70s is that they are/were both sons of Seattle Slew and AP Indy is also a grandson of Secretariat.
  • shirleeshirlee Member
    Lanes End has posted a photo of AP Indy on their facebook page. He looks magnificent! Stonestreet, Lanes End and Three Chimneys are giving us some wonderful pictures.
  • RachelRachel Member
    I dont see it :/ all i see are pictures of other stallions on my news feed. they have him as their profile picture
    I dont see it :/ all i see are pictures of other stallions on my news feed. they have him as their profile picture
    that pic of him as profile pic is new this week....does he not look absolutely awesome
  • RachelRachel Member
    http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/s720x720/525086_367556363293232_130389357009935_1014166_1600217457_n.jpg

here he is in retirement. took me a while to find it but this picture isnt recent i think its a month old. I believe they had that profile picture for a while now. when i added them on fb a while back it was there
  • RuZenRARuZenRA Member
    edited May 2012
    The first racehorse model i had was of Ruffian when i was 5. I''m 16 and i still think that shes one of the greatest fillies ever!
    And i wasnt saying landeluce was better than ruffian. i was saying she was up there with her the way she ran. one of the greats is what i meant
    Ruffian was always held back, she could have smashed landaluce if she had every actually tried. both were great fillies though and they both shouldn't have died the way that they did.
    Landaluce died of viral illness...not anything on track
  • RachelRachel Member
    It was sudden i believe. i saw the video of them burrying her. trainer and jockey were very sad. such emotion thru a youtube video
  • A lot of the greats died painfully. Secretariat, Dynaformer, Ruffian, Landaluce, and Alydar just to name a few.....