A.P. Indy

Comments

• KMMKMM Member
    From Wikileaks AP Indy "His new owner was Tomonori Tsurumaki, who named the colt in honor of his recently opened Nippon Autopolis, where Tsurumaki hoped to host a Formula One (Indy Car) event."
  • Ah, that's interesting. A. (Auto) P. (Polis) Indy (Indy Car)

I guess in some ways it's not so much different then naming a colt Q B One. Q (Quarter) B (Back) One (number one quarter back). =)
    KMM said:

From Wikileaks AP Indy "His new owner was Tomonori Tsurumaki, who named the colt in honor of his recently opened Nippon Autopolis, where Tsurumaki hoped to host a Formula One (Indy Car) event."

• News articles I read when researching for/writing "A.P. Indy", said it was for the Autopolis (A.P.) and the Indianapolis 500 (Indy). His owner was a great Formula One enthusiast. Unfortunately, his Autopolis was unsuccessful and went under. I believe it recently reopened under a different owner and is to be used for racing motorbikes or something like that.
  • The king of American dirt racing. <3
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited September 2018
    Sorry, I think AP looks dopey. I was never wild about him, but he is 27 and has been retired for 5 breeding seasons. I guess he is getting kind of old.
  • No, hes not 27, he is actually 29
  • Me and him were born in the same year, so same age
  • He's 29 and has been retired since he failed to impregnate any mares in the first half of the 2011 season. That's 7.5 breeding seasons he's been retired.
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited September 2018
    Anyway he looks like an old dude. His eyes are kind of clouded and I hate the way he holds his neck and head.
  • Yeah. He's an old man. I'm expecting the report of his death every day almost. :'(
  • I'm not gonna pick on his looks now. To me he'll always look and be amazing, and indeed the legend that Lane's End calls him.
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited September 2018
    AP Indy has always had that bullish neck, it's one of the things he has inherited from his lineage. Secretariat had it as well. If Big Red had been able to live to a ripe age of 29 he too would of had that neck.
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited September 2018
    I think Honor Code will do his sire proud
  • Wasn't even thinking of neck as bullish, just that he had it horizontally and his head was at same level, like a turtle's. Sorry guys. :o
  • Oh, that's just what I've heard it be described as.
  • I think he looks good for 29 but maybe that's just me...
  • I am an outlier. Most here really like AP.
  • When I saw him in May he looked incredible. He's extremely old.
  • Thanks Elirose. My comments were sounding mean to me. :#
  • Be kind KMM, AP Indy is watching you. ;)

• KMMKMM Member
    edited September 2018
    How is this, that is a really nice headshot. B)
  • A.P. Indy is 29 years old and, to me, he looks amazing. Maybe he is showing his age, but I think he still carries himself like the champion race horse and stud he was for many, many years. I love this old guy!