A.P. Indy

Comments

• RachelRachel Member
    edited May 2012
    Affirmed died of laminitis. i remember seeing on tv the news update on affirmed with the vet saying he was eauthinized. i was little then
  • Secretariat died from Laminitis as well. One of the staff who worked there on the day his health went downhill said that he "heard this horrible noise come from Secretariat's stall" and he was euthanized the next day.
  • RachelRachel Member
    Theres the very last footage on youtube of secretariates last visitor. he had laminitis then. the guy had no idea it was going to be his last visit to ever see secretariat again. The barn staff said he wasnt accepting visitors but took him out anyways
  • I've seen it several times. What a horrible feeling it must have been to hear of his death the next day.
  • shirleeshirlee Member
    Alydar was murdered for money by a man who, I hope, is roasting at this time in "you know where!"
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Alydar was murdered for money by a man who, I hope, is roasting at this time in "you know where!"
    If anyone deserves to be there....its that guy
  • Poor Alydar...How old was he? He could have been around to witness the victories of his great grandson.
    I think Alydar was 25 when he was murdered....will check
  • edited May 2012
    He was 15....He would have been 32 today....
    You are right....I always thought he was older.....he was in his prime...there is not a place bad enough for people who commit crimes like this
  • Which is why we need to cheer IHA in the Belmont, he doesn't need to just break the 34 year stalemate....But he needs to win for his Great Grandfather, for his redemption and his revenge.
  • JenniftJennift Member
    To the best of my knowledge, JT Lundy has served out his jail sentence and is still alive.
  • RachelRachel Member
    Im watching NBC's coverage of the preakness again. its soooo good that race
  • shirleeshirlee Member
    I thought Lundy was dead but guess not. Hope he is in some horrible place with nightmares of Alydar dancing on his grave!
  • Don't worry, he will live a harsh existance from now on. I'm sure he's watching IHA's victories and getting a very painful reminder of the power of what he killed... What he made everyone and HIMSELF miss out on.
  • I am fortunate to be old enough to1) remember Ruffian, Alydar, Secretariat and Affirmed. Favorite of course is the great Seattle Slew. 2) own a (very) young son of Seattle Slew and 3) race his babies. They are smart and physical and playful.

I really hope IHA takes the Belmont, but I can't help wish O'Neill had told the NYRA that he would opt out because of the Flair nasal strip ban!
  • RachelRachel Member
    U would want him to opt out cuz of the flair strip ban? By him still continuing into the belmont it shows hes game no matter what and his belief in his horse. he said no flair strip no problem. IHA trains just a good without it. all of his training is done without the strip. im really hoping this horse runs a good race without it tho. we shall see i guess.
  • IHA is a good horse.....And it's our job as his supporters to cheer him on, no matter what gets in his way.
  • RachelRachel Member
    Theres an article on bloodhorse that says NYRA wont tell why they banned the nasal strip. they werent even available for comments. theres alot of talk going on about NYRA and the nasal strips.
  • I wonder how they will respond to the pressure.
  • Also heard on Bloodhorse that someone was FIRED from NYRA when an investigator was about to present evidence of corruption in NYRA......I'm not liking this.
  • RachelRachel Member
    Yes i seen that too
  • Hopefully being in the spotlight of media scrutiny will give them a little nudge towards changing their ways.
  • Theres an article on bloodhorse that says NYRA wont tell why they banned the nasal strip. they werent even available for comments. theres alot of talk going on about NYRA and the nasal strips.
    Take a look at this article. There is an explanation about halfway down. It's not the NYRA but the stewards that decided to disallow the strips. Their reasoning is that the strips can come off if they get wet. Since they are "equipment," if they come off at any time after the horse arrives in the paddock for saddling, it constitutes an equipment change. The horse would have to be scratched.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/70062/no-nasal-strip-no-problem-oneill-says

I suppose they'll come around eventually, when they figure out it's not a big problem elsewhere.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.